Long Term Solution at QB-Thread

bearsfan1977

Liked Posts:
You think Trubisky is better than Eli? Lol

Yes, Trubisky is better than Eli at this point in time, and that’s saying something as to how awful Manning has been the last few years. In fact, Eli has always been overrated because of his name. He’s been an above average qb most of his career, but nothing I would call elite.

shoopster4eva

Liked Posts:
At this point in his career, Eli would die behind our OL. At least Trubisky can extend plays and make throws outside of the pocket.
Good point; I'm just saying while Trubisky may be better at running for his life, Trubisky will never be even half the QB Manning has been throughout the years.

shoopster4eva

Liked Posts:
Yes, Trubisky is better than Eli at this point in time, and that’s saying something as to how awful Manning has been the last few years. In fact, Eli has always been overrated because of his name. He’s been an above average qb most of his career, but nothing I would call elite.
Better at running for his life? Yeah, I would hope so! Better QB? No, I don't think so.

Hell I'd take an above average QB; when was the last time the Bears had an above average QB?

bearsfan1977

Liked Posts:
Better at running for his life? Yeah, I would hope so! Better QB? No, I don't think so.

Hell I'd take an above average QB; when was the last time the Bears had an above average QB?

Im not defending Mitch, I think we need to move on. I just think people think Eli is better than he really ever was.

First 3 years:
Eli: 46 tds, 29 ints, Highest QBs rating in his career-93.6.

Mitch: 48 tds, 29 ints, 95.6 QBs rating last year.

After his first 3 years, Eli has some above average seasons and some awful ones. He was never elite. His brother was.

Sparks500

Liked Posts:
The ONLY way the bears find a stud QB is if the rest of the league invokes a “mercy rule” and rigs the draft so the bears can draft 5 of the top ranked college QBs in 10 consecutive drafts. They MIGHT get lucky and not fuck up one of them...

coolio

Liked Posts:
I just have a hard time believing Pace will be willing to move on from Mitch after this year.

RiDLer80

First time, long time.
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Miami Hurricanes
  2. Northern Illinois Huskies
Daniel Jeremiah released his first mock draft today. QBs going in round 1:

1. Joe Burrow to Cincy
5. Tua Tag to Miami
13. Jordan Love to Indy (surprise to me--I thought he'd be there for us in the second)
14. Justin Herbert to TB ( lower than I think he'll go)

Eason and Fromm both on the board heading into the second according to this mock. Probably doesn't matter though as it looks like Pace is gonna go down with the Trubisky ship. Unless he's laying down the ultimate SMOKE SCREEN!

Outlaw Josey Cutler

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Penn State Nittany Lions
I am not much of a draft guy but I am no on Justin Herbert if he fell. I don't trust Oregon's spread scheme to prepare their QBs for the NFL. I freely admit I am jack shit about scouting and knowing what is best.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
There isn't much success from QBs that fall to the second round in recent history....in 9 years the best was Carr...everyone else is done.

Dalton and CK in 2011....

That isn't a lot of success in the second in recent years....

Pegger

President Stoopid
Liked Posts:
So, I have a bit of a sad realization.

When have the Bears ever had a long term solution at QB?

Seriously was it Cutler? You have to put him ahead of Harbaugh or McMahon, right?

Do we have to go back to Sid Luckman???

It's fully understandable to want a long term solution, but if all attempts to get that have failed why not focus on winning without a long term solution? There have been a bunch of teams that have won without having a long term solution at QB. Maybe just try to pull a Tannehill type trade with someone this offseason and see how that works for you? If it doesn't work, cut bait and try again. Just try to catch lightning in a bottle. Who knows, it might be Fitzmagic or someone like that.

Go cheaper on QB and let the other phases of the team be why you win.

Maybe another way of looking at this, how many teams have their 'long term solution' at QB, but aren't close to winning? Or, there area a bunch of great QBs in the HOF who never won a title.

Let's not trick ourselves from missing the point. Superbowl is the target, not getting a franchise QB.

Last edited:

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
So, I have a bit of a sad realization.

When have the Bears ever had a long term solution at QB?

Seriously was it Cutler? You have to put him ahead of Harbaugh or McMahon, right?

Do we have to go back to Sid Luckman???

It's fully understandable to want a long term solution, but if all attempts to get that have failed why not focus on winning without a long term solution? There have been a bunch of teams that have won without having a long term solution at QB. Maybe just try to pull a Tannehill type trade with someone this offseason and see how that works for you? If it doesn't work, cut bait and try again. Just try to catch lightning in a bottle. Who knows, it might be Fitzmagic or someone like that.

Go cheaper on QB and let the other phases of the team be why you win.

Maybe another way of looking at this, how many teams have their 'long term solution' at QB, but aren't close to winning? Or, there area a bunch of great QBs in the HOF who never won a title.

Let's not trick ourselves from missing the point. Superbowl is the target, not getting a franchise QB.
I know you're an Eagles fan, but you are simply being disingenuous and trying to stir the pot with this shit. You know the answer, as you already said it.

mecha

Liked Posts:
Trent Dilfer has a Super Bowl ring. Trent Dilfer. the only quarterback in the Super Bowl era to get cut after "winning" a Super Bowl.

elite QB + shit team or passable QB + complete team. it's been mentioned in this very thread that Eli Manning was overrated.

the Chicago Bears haven't had a longterm solution at QB since before TVs were mainstream.

I Just Want To Read

Liked Posts:
The most obvious approach is Lawrence.

All we have to do is lose for a season, and then you have a QB for the next 12+ years. That is a no-brainer. Trade the current talent for future picks that span Lawrence's rookie deal.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Trade down out of 2nd round, pick up an extra 3rd round pick and trade for Nick Mullens

roadwarrior_joe

Liked Posts:
I see it possibly playing out like this.

Dalton comes here, no immediate threat to Mitch so he can have his chance without pressure, but capable in case Mitch fails.

Bears possibly draft a QB in 4th.

2nd round picks will go to TE and OL. From what I heard on a talk show, Bears might be the first team to pick a TE.

If Bears pick up vet TE in FA, then I think 2nd round TE will be replaced by CB or pass rusher.

Bottom line, unless some type of block buster deal is made where a Brady comes here, I think Mitch is the guy in 2020 to start.