Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
Kobe Bryant was one man who sometimes could check MJ. He was the last from that Golden Era and I admit I havent really watched the late Lebron era.

This news sucks worse than omelet

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
Was twitter speculation not real journalism. And funny, ESPN waited to confirm the facts before posting on their site and people were bitching because they took too long.... damned if you do, damned if you don’t.
CNN was pretty late on it too. They had the televised accident but would not say it was Kobe until they were 100 on it.

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
ESPN and ABC sticking with the Pro Bowl.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
ESPN and ABC sticking with the Pro Bowl.

they have a contract....not sure what they would have to talk about...there is social media that does all that crap now

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
they have a contract....not sure what they would have to talk about...there is social media that does all that crap now

Same two stations airing the pro Bowl. Owned by the same company. Can't switch one over for a few min?

Bearsfan7954

Liked Posts:
Yeah they already had a special report to announce the news and a few updates by the announcers as verified news comes in. Not sure what else they are supposed to do?

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Same two stations airing the pro Bowl. Owned by the same company. Can't switch one over for a few min?

dont know whats in the contracts...this isn't like old TV when affiliates could do whatever the fuck they wanted.

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
dont know whats in the contracts...this isn't like old TV when affiliates could do whatever the fuck they wanted.

Just seems odd they can't switch over one of the broadcasts to report the breaking news. it's on 2 channels. Just dumb they can't do that. They don't have to switch it over for the entire game, but 5-10 min to break the news isn't a crazy thing.

Bearsfan7954

Liked Posts:
Just seems odd they can't switch over one of the broadcasts to report the breaking news. it's on 2 channels. Just dumb they can't do that. They don't have to switch it over for the entire game, but 5-10 min to break the news isn't a crazy thing.
They already did that back in the 1st Q.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Really sad news but give it a rest, it is all over TV and the internet. Why would they or should they?

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Not gonna lie, this one hit me harder than I expected. He was way too young. Just gotta show you that you never know when it's going to be your time. Thoughts and prayers to his wife and kids
My wife doesn't really understand why this is so upsetting to me. Kobe was an absolute icon to me when I was younger. He is the one that got me interested in the NBA and really revitalized it once MJ was gone. I was 9 when he won is first ring and started his run. I was to young really to remember MJ in his prime, so Kobe was always the guy for me.