Victorious Patrick Mahomes Thanks Bears For Drafting Mitchell Trubisky

jive

Liked Posts:

MIAMI—Crediting general manager Ryan Pace for playing an instrumental role in advancing his career, Super Bowl champion Patrick Mahomes thanked the Chicago Bears Sunday for selecting Mitchell Trubisky instead of him in the 2017 NFL Draft. “I would’ve never had this opportunity to compete for a championship if I had ended up on the Bears,” said Mahomes during a post-game interview, expressing his gratitude to the Chicago franchise for sparing him from years of mediocrity and career frustration. “There were some tense moments on draft day when it looked like I might be headed to Chicago, but luckily God had other plans for me. Instead of lifting this trophy, I could be languishing at the bottom of the NFC North and running for my life after every snap behind a terrible offensive line. I’m so glad I get to throw to Tyreek (Hill) and Sammy (Watkins) my whole career instead of whoever the hell is on the Bears.” Mahomes added that he only hopes all the current Bears players get as lucky as he did.

coolio

Liked Posts:
We still have posters clinging to 2017 draft grades in defense of Pace.

Those don't mean anything in a draft where there is no clear consensus top pick for QB. You wouldn't be able to find somewhere that had *Mahomes rated over Watson yet Watson was taken after him + Sean Payton said in early 2018 the saints were planning to take Patrick Mahomes #11 overall.

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Even The Onion knows that the Bears are just offensively Special person and players are blessed when we pass on them. Lol.

Last edited:

msadows

Liked Posts:
Those don't mean anything in a draft where there is no clear consensus top pick for QB. You wouldn't be able to find somewhere that had *Mahomes rated over Watson yet Watson was taken after him + Sean Payton said in early 2018 the saints were planning to take Patrick Mahomes #11 overall.

Literally no one was taking mahomes in the top 5.

There wasn't a clear consensus QB, you're right, but it was never Mahomes who was in debate as that guy. It was always Watson vs. Mitch.

coolio

Liked Posts:
Literally no one was taking mahomes in the top 5.

There wasn't a clear consensus QB, you're right, but it was never Mahomes who was in debate as that guy. It was always Watson vs. Mitch.

And if we had Watson we maybe win the superbowl in 2018 and we get to atleast the NFC championship game this year. Trubisky was Nagys #3 rated QB in 2017 according to Laurence Holmes.

I didn't see anywhere that had Mahomes number 1 but I didn't see a place that had Mahomes over Watson yet we know of atleast 2 teams that were planning on taking him before Watson.

msadows

Liked Posts:
And if we had Watson we maybe win the superbowl in 2018 and we get to atleast the NFC championship game this year. Trubisky was Nagys #3 rated QB in 2017 according to Laurence Holmes.

I didn't see anywhere that had Mahomes number 1 but I didn't see a place that had Mahomes over Watson yet we know of atleast 2 teams that were planning on taking him before Watson.

Yea, except you don't know that.

We literally have one of the worst offenses in football, and it's not just because of the QB.

Not many offenses succeed with a putrid oline.

msadows

Liked Posts:
Literally no one was taking mitch in the top 2 either. Get over it lol

lol, you noob, did you not hear all the talk about the browns thinking about taking him at #1?

Go back to circle jerking

Toast88

Liked Posts:
It's true that just about no one was touting Mahomes as a top 10 pick, yet alone a top 5.

That said, that's irrelevant.

GMs aren't pundits. They are paid to get it right, and Ryan Pace DID NOT get it right.

When you don't get it right, you have to admit your mistake and remedy it as reasonably quickly as possible. He's done neither.

He whiffed on the most important position despite having his pick of what will likely be two Hall of Fame QBs. No matter how you want to slice it, he fucked up.

Starion

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
High risk, high reward. He went to a solid perfect fit team and flourished. Happy for him.

Could that have been Mitch in his place had they picked him?

I don't think so either, but he'd be doing better also for sure. Good for PM, Andy Reid, & the Chiefs. Sorry Gould.

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Liked Posts:

Wow. It took me a second to appreciate this gem of a post. This is absolute gold. No draft grade had Mahomes over Watson, but KC took Mahomes 2 picks ahead of Watson.

I never thought of it that way.

Media draft grades are a weak defense of your teams' scouting and eventual pick.

Outlaw Josey Cutler

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Penn State Nittany Lions
ol, you noob, did you not hear all the talk about the browns thinking about taking him at #1?

I did. I remember it. On draft day morning. I remember thinking "Browns GM is leaking like a sieve and it's pretty obvious what they are doing. That should be a warning sign to every other GM. Now I know for sure they are taking Garrett."

Because I am not a noob.

Go back to circle jerking

No, you don't get it. Mitch" haters" like us don't jerk to the hate. We are like the older widows still dressed in black funeral clothes months after the loss. We are not the young bimbo widow out partying with the life insurance payout.

Sometimes I think those who fight against the "haters" really work hard on NOT understanding that so it validates their position when they can dismiss the other side as unreasonable.

BobInIndy

Liked Posts:

MIAMI—Crediting general manager Ryan Pace for playing an instrumental role in advancing his career, Super Bowl champion Patrick Mahomes thanked the Chicago Bears Sunday for selecting Mitchell Trubisky instead of him in the 2017 NFL Draft. “I would’ve never had this opportunity to compete for a championship if I had ended up on the Bears,” said Mahomes during a post-game interview, expressing his gratitude to the Chicago franchise for sparing him from years of mediocrity and career frustration. “There were some tense moments on draft day when it looked like I might be headed to Chicago, but luckily God had other plans for me. Instead of lifting this trophy, I could be languishing at the bottom of the NFC North and running for my life after every snap behind a terrible offensive line. I’m so glad I get to throw to Tyreek (Hill) and Sammy (Watkins) my whole career instead of whoever the hell is on the Bears.” Mahomes added that he only hopes all the current Bears players get as lucky as he did.
I could be languishing at the bottom of the NFC North and running for my life after every snap behind a terrible offensive line. I’m so glad I get to throw to Tyreek (Hill) and Sammy (Watkins) my whole career instead of whoever the hell is on the Bears.”
We can't change the Mitch selection, it's the part about the terrible Oline that could have been changed in the past 4 years. Maybe next year! Ha!

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Literally no one was taking mitch in the top 2 either. Get over it lol
https://www.si.com/nfl/2017/04/12/browns-top-pick-myles-garrett-mitchell-trubisky
https://www.cleveland.com/browns/2017/04/browns_buzz_on_trading_up_myle.html
https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/...-taking-trubisky-over-garrett-with-no-1-pick/
https://www.sbnation.com/2017/4/27/...itchell-trubisky-adam-schefter-nfl-draft-2017
https://bleacherreport.com/articles...ll-potential-no-1-pick-in-nfl-draft-by-browns

The trade up probably wasn't required but done to prevent the Browns from doing so ahead of us. Once Mitch is gone, Browns then don't trade up a couple spots for Mahomes and trade away their next 1st rounder (12) to Houston (Watson). They wanted Mitch near where we were drafting and Pace knew it because they were talking.

Last edited: