Victorious Patrick Mahomes Thanks Bears For Drafting Mitchell Trubisky

Alpha Male

Liked Posts:
https://www.si.com/nfl/2017/04/12/browns-top-pick-myles-garrett-mitchell-trubisky
https://www.cleveland.com/browns/2017/04/browns_buzz_on_trading_up_myle.html
https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/...-taking-trubisky-over-garrett-with-no-1-pick/
https://www.sbnation.com/2017/4/27/...itchell-trubisky-adam-schefter-nfl-draft-2017
https://bleacherreport.com/articles...ll-potential-no-1-pick-in-nfl-draft-by-browns

The trade up probably wasn't required but done to prevent the Browns from doing so ahead of us. Once Mitch is gone, Browns then don't trade up a couple spots for Mahomes and trade away their next 1st rounder (12) to Houston (Watson). They wanted Mitch near where we were drafting and Pace knew it because they were talking.
The asking price from the 9ers was to high. Thats why they were calling the bears. Unfortunately lynch found a dummy in pace to pay the kings ransom.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
The asking price from the 9ers was to high. Thats why they were calling the bears. Unfortunately lynch found a dummy in pace to pay the kings ransom.
If you possibly give the correct answer to the wrong question, are you wrong anyway? The asking price was actually spot on but that doesn't mean we should of paid it.

fx1718

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
If anyone pre draft had any clue how good Mahomes would actually be he would be A Cleveland Brown. Thats not trying to take away from him. He’s absolutely amazing. Just saying hindsight is 2020.

Alpha Male

Liked Posts:
If you possibly give the correct answer to the wrong question, are you wrong anyway? The asking price was actually spot on but that doesn't mean we should of paid it.
If you go by the points chart the bears overpaid. That was alot just to move up one spot.

Wild_x_Card

Liked Posts:
If you go by the points chart the bears overpaid. That was alot just to move up one spot.
That points chart is dated. It's since been revised and teams actually use multiple charts now. That's not to discredit Jimmy Johnson who invented it because he is a brilliant man.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
That's absolutely incorrect and a false narrative even if we use the chart.

2600 point 2nd pick vs 2600 points within a few points up or down depending on how you value a following years 4th. Use draft position by pick # and not rote draft position as comp picks affect values. 2600 vs #3 + #67 + #111 + next year 4th which is worth about 35 points =2562.

At full value of where the 4th ended up instead of a lowered value to 1/2 the middle of the round, which is the common practice, it's 2600 vs 2613 max uncompensated value. You just don't get closer that that in large value trades. Considering trades like this often require a premium, Pace did fine on value. Need is a completely different question.

Last edited:

Zion

Magitek Knight
Liked Posts:
Brutal. This franchise is a national punchline; and I've honestly lost all interest in following Bears football

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
If anyone pre draft had any clue how good Mahomes would actually be he would be A Cleveland Brown. Thats not trying to take away from him. He’s absolutely amazing. Just saying hindsight is 2020.
Saints, and Chiefs had Mahomes as their number 1 QB. Saints were going to take him at 11. To say that nobody knew how good he would be is irrelevant when 3 of the best franchises in the NFL had him as the best QB in the draft.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
And if we had Watson we maybe win the superbowl in 2018 and we get to atleast the NFC championship game this year. Trubisky was Nagys #3 rated QB in 2017 according to Laurence Holmes.

I didn't see anywhere that had Mahomes number 1 but I didn't see a place that had Mahomes over Watson yet we know of atleast 2 teams that were planning on taking him before Watson.
I guess you didn't watch Watson in the 2018 playoffs.

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Saints, and Chiefs had Mahomes as their number 1 QB. Saints were going to take him at 11. To say that nobody knew how good he would be is irrelevant when 3 of the best franchises in the NFL had him as the best QB in the draft.

Yeah because trusting anything Sean Payton has to say is a good idea. The dude is classless and lies thru his fucking teeth every damn day. Only retards would believe this fuck.

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
Yeah because trusting anything Sean Payton has to say is a good idea. The dude is classless and lies thru his fucking teeth every damn day. Only retards would believe this fuck.
You either believe it or you don’t at this point. I see no reason for him to go up there and lie about something like this.

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
You either believe it or you don’t at this point. I see no reason for him to go up there and lie about something like this.
The guy banged & knocked up a cheer leader(and was married). He then helped run a pill mill out of the Saints locker room. And then of course lied about the Bounty Program.

Edit: that's only 2 out of 32 teams too.

Mahomes was Nagy's dream QB, this has been verified by the Chiefs.

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
The guy banged & knocked up a cheer leader(and was married). He then helped run a pill mill out of the Saints locker room. And then of course lied about the Bounty Program.

Edit: that's only 2 out of 32 teams too.

Mahomes was Nagy's dream QB, this has been verified by the Chiefs.
Sean Payton is a piece of shit yes. No denying that. But he’s also a very gifted offensive mind who I trust with evaluating QBs. Also in those lies you just highlighted hes lying because he was covering something up, what would he even cover up here?

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Sean Payton is a piece of shit yes. No denying that. But he’s also a very gifted offensive mind who I trust with evaluating QBs. Also in those lies you just highlighted hes lying because he was covering something up, what would he even cover up here?

He would do this purely for his ego. The guy is thAt big of a piece of shit

coolio

Liked Posts:
Yea, except you don't know that.

We literally have one of the worst offenses in football, and it's not just because of the QB.

Not many offenses succeed with a putrid oline.

And that's the general managers fault. In his five years he hasn't been able to build even a league average offense. Worst tight end duo,
what reason does he have to lie for a guy who player one game at that point

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange

MIAMI—Crediting general manager Ryan Pace for playing an instrumental role in advancing his career, Super Bowl champion Patrick Mahomes thanked the Chicago Bears Sunday for selecting Mitchell Trubisky instead of him in the 2017 NFL Draft. “I would’ve never had this opportunity to compete for a championship if I had ended up on the Bears,” said Mahomes during a post-game interview, expressing his gratitude to the Chicago franchise for sparing him from years of mediocrity and career frustration. “There were some tense moments on draft day when it looked like I might be headed to Chicago, but luckily God had other plans for me. Instead of lifting this trophy, I could be languishing at the bottom of the NFC North and running for my life after every snap behind a terrible offensive line. I’m so glad I get to throw to Tyreek (Hill) and Sammy (Watkins) my whole career instead of whoever the hell is on the Bears.” Mahomes added that he only hopes all the current Bears players get as lucky as he did.

Soooooooo he agrees that he wouldn't be as good a QB playing for the Bears as he has been for the Chiefs? Well shit many of us have been saying that for years now, and saying it about Watson as well, and Trubisky would be a better QB playing for A.Reid and the Chiefs.