Victorious Patrick Mahomes Thanks Bears For Drafting Mitchell Trubisky

Penny Traitor

バカでも才能は一つ
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Soooooooo he agrees that he wouldn't be as good a QB playing for the Bears as he has been for the Chiefs? Well shit many of us have been saying that for years now, and saying it about Watson as well, and Trubisky would be a better QB playing for A.Reid and the Chiefs.

c97.jpg

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Wow. It took me a second to appreciate this gem of a post. This is absolute gold. No draft grade had Mahomes over Watson, but KC took Mahomes 2 picks ahead of Watson.

I never thought of it that way.

Media draft grades are a weak defense of your teams' scouting and eventual pick.

Just goes to show how there's no exact science to the draft. Shit some of our very own "draft gurus" (Windy and Remy to name a couple) said Trubisky was the most accurate QB in that draft but do you think they think that now?

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Yeah because trusting anything Sean Payton has to say is a good idea. The dude is classless and lies thru his fucking teeth every damn day. Only retards would believe this fuck.

May i introduce you to little westyboy...LOL

Alpha Male

Liked Posts:
Soooooooo he agrees that he wouldn't be as good a QB playing for the Bears as he has been for the Chiefs? Well shit many of us have been saying that for years now, and saying it about Watson as well, and Trubisky would be a better QB playing for A.Reid and the Chiefs.
Do you have any idea what satire is?

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
Literally no one was taking mahomes in the top 5.

There wasn't a clear consensus QB, you're right, but it was never Mahomes who was in debate as that guy. It was always Watson vs. Mitch.
Mahomes was said throughout to be the one with the highest ceiling. If KC had a top 5 pick, they'd have used it in a heart beat to take him. It was just thought that Mahomes got away with a lot at the college level that he wouldn't be able to get away with at the NFL and he would need solid coaching at the NFL level.

So, I didn't feel like the discussion was ever about who was the better of the 3. Trubisky was the safe choice. If you had faith in your coaching, Mahomes clearly had the highest ceiling. And Watson was just a winner.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
The asking price from the 9ers was to high. Thats why they were calling the bears. Unfortunately lynch found a dummy in pace to pay the kings ransom.
Lol, "kings ransom"

Mr. Jones

Liked Posts:
Question..just what in the hell did some scouts see in Trubisky despite the very limited play in college, and the fact that Trubisky played behind a future XFL/arena QB? Pace had a man crush on him for fkng WHY?

Mr. Jones

Liked Posts:
Two words. Toyota camry
Ownership should have been shocked to read or hear that stupid shit smh..seriously tho, how could the "pro' people have had that kid ranked so high? He should have been rated no higher then a 2nd rnd pick based on his limited experience..

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Question..just what in the hell did some scouts see in Trubisky despite the very limited play in college, and the fact that Trubisky played behind a future XFL/arena QB? Pace had a man crush on him for fkng WHY?

To be fair, Trubs looked like a completely different QB in college vs now. Much more accurate and decisive. Of course, this is why drafting one year wonders is problematic because the track isn't there to accurately predict whether that one year is his steady state or an outlier.

Outlaw Josey Cutler

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Penn State Nittany Lions
Saints, and Chiefs had Mahomes as their number 1 QB. Saints were going to take him at 11. To say that nobody knew how good he would be is irrelevant when 3 of the best franchises in the NFL had him as the best QB in the draft.

Meh. I don't believe half the stuff said about drafts

either before picks like "The Browns are itching to move up to take Trubisky"

nor after picks including "I would have picked Mahomes" after the fact.

Possibly true but none of it is here nor there when considering Pace moved up to be SURE he got HIS QB and he flubbed it. I didn't have a problem with the trade-up then and I actually still don't. If he had picked Mahomes or even Watson, none of us would be reasonably complaining.

Outlaw Josey Cutler

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Penn State Nittany Lions
Just goes to show how there's no exact science to the draft. Shit some of our very own "draft gurus" (Windy and Remy to name a couple) said Trubisky was the most accurate QB in that draft but do you think they think that now?

Yeah but GMs still have to get it more right than wrong...

oh fuck. I didn't see the name of who I was replying to. Kindly disregard as I am aware that Pace has literally no accountability with you as a fan.

But to defend @WindyCity and @remydat , neither of them are GMs. Neither of them have scouts and have been professionally trained to scout talent. And if either one was Pace, then yes, they WOULD be held accountable for their mistake by fans. That's how this works.

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
Meh. I don't believe half the stuff said about drafts

either before picks like "The Browns are itching to move up to take Trubisky"

nor after picks including "I would have picked Mahomes" after the fact.

Possibly true but none of it is here nor there when considering Pace moved up to be SURE he got HIS QB and he flubbed it. I didn't have a problem with the trade-up then and I actually still don't. If he had picked Mahomes or even Watson, none of us would be reasonably complaining.
Exactly. The trade up only became an issue when he got the wrong guy. When does ownership step in and tell him to chill out with the trade ups??

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
He was "won over" by the type car Mitch drove.