Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
This and next year's entire drafts wouldn't secure Burrow so?????????
It's like wondering how much the Chiefs would take for Mahomes.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
This and next year's entire drafts wouldn't secure Burrow so?????????
It's like wondering how much the Chiefs would take for Mahomes.

There wouldn't be anything a team could give up to get Mahomes. To get the #1 pick there actually could be a blow them away offer that could get that pick. I was really just dreaming anyway cause i don't think anyone would trade that blow them away offer and don't think Cincy would even want to trade it anyway.

Stay out of my dreams damn it, it's creepy.

Mr. Jones

Liked Posts:
The kid has a cannon arm and has better accuracy on his throws then Mitch especially the tight corner EZ ones..wish the Bears could land him somehow..it'll never happen tho even if Pace cuts his loss and tosses in Trubisky in a trade, lol..start Daniels, Bray as 2nd stringer, they will be assured a losing season, high draft pick for 2021. If Nagy is any good he can develop Eason into HIS version of Mahomes..crazy talk I know..

Reactions: DC

Urlacher_24

Liked Posts:
I think some team is going to fall in love with his arm, because it is something that not all QBs have.

So if Eason is still available towards the end of the first round, do you armchair GMs trade up to get him?

Teams do look at this as an option more so than trading up to the top of the 2nd round, because it will give you the 5th year option.

My opinion - If they like him as a developmental project (for god sake let him learn for a year), stay put and if he is available at 43 you take him. I think we are in a good situation for Eason, because Trubisky will very likely be the starter next year and that would put no pressure on Eason so he can learn the playbook and work on technique.

The only issue is that Trubisky, while fairly durable, has had injuries that take him out of the game for a couple weeks every year. If you draft a QB in the second round, he will very likely have to be the back-up. This may throw him in the fire before he is ready.

After seeing another QB make the difference in a SuperBowl, I would like to see the Bears try something, and go in the opposite direction of what they did when they took Trubisky. They need to take a shot on a boom or bust guy with a big arm. Cutler scared the FO when they drafted Trubisky and they took the perceived safe pick.
I like this idea. Have Eason watch a year and learn. The bears have always seemed to rush the young qb out into the line of fire to early. Do this one right and bring him along to study the first year.

Urlacher_24

Liked Posts:
I think some team is going to fall in love with his arm, because it is something that not all QBs have.

So if Eason is still available towards the end of the first round, do you armchair GMs trade up to get him?

Teams do look at this as an option more so than trading up to the top of the 2nd round, because it will give you the 5th year option.

My opinion - If they like him as a developmental project (for god sake let him learn for a year), stay put and if he is available at 43 you take him. I think we are in a good situation for Eason, because Trubisky will very likely be the starter next year and that would put no pressure on Eason so he can learn the playbook and work on technique.

The only issue is that Trubisky, while fairly durable, has had injuries that take him out of the game for a couple weeks every year. If you draft a QB in the second round, he will very likely have to be the back-up. This may throw him in the fire before he is ready.

After seeing another QB make the difference in a SuperBowl, I would like to see the Bears try something, and go in the opposite direction of what they did when they took Trubisky. They need to take a shot on a boom or bust guy with a big arm. Cutler scared the FO when they drafted Trubisky and they took the perceived safe pick.
Also maybe have a undrafted rookie qb on the ps and have him play if trubs gets injured?

Midway Fields

CCS Quarterback Guru
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Tom Brady can sign with any team making him the practical and best answer.

Midway Fields

CCS Quarterback Guru
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
How is a washed up 45 year old qb a practical answer? Spend all our money on Brady and put him behind this line with no te or run support. Cmon man.

Yes.

Use your draft picks on oline and tight end if needed. Austin Hooper and Hunter Henry are available in FA if you want a quick long term fix. If you want short term you can roll the dice with Olsen.

Brady serves as the perfect bridge QB and allows you to maximize the defense while in this window until the Bears draft picks are replenished. Once replenished, you swing at QB in the draft again.
You fucking come on. It makes perfect sense.

mecha

Liked Posts:
I don't think people have realized that Chicago just has no idea how to run an offense, or develop a QB. Every QB is going to suck here until we luck out and get our hands on a QB that someone else developed.

You just can't convince me that 70 years of bad QB play is each individual QB's fault. That they've all just been bad, and that the Chicago Bears have been unlucky. This organization has been complicit with each QB failure we've had. The QBs are the symptom. The Chicago Bears are the disease. People just don't want to accept it for whatever reason.

Here on this forum? It's mostly stupidity. Lol.

yeah they tried that too and failed. Bears just never had a consistent offensive identity. when you plow through OCs with the same guy, you're going to have problems. they went the opposite direction to 1 guy calling the offense for more than 1 season and he can't even do that right. Ron Turner would fare better right now. but it also doesn't help you have good talent that puss their way onto the bench, back to inferior blocking, and a QB with an array of personal flaws, and not to mention extremely poor drafting. nobody would be successful with the Bears right now. it's silly to even say "oh, well that guy's great and we could've had him!" when they have a contemporary offense while the Bears are like a high school team by comparison.

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
yeah they tried that too and failed. Bears just never had a consistent offensive identity. when you plow through OCs with the same guy, you're going to have problems. they went the opposite direction to 1 guy calling the offense for more than 1 season and he can't even do that right. Ron Turner would fare better right now. but it also doesn't help you have good talent that puss their way onto the bench, back to inferior blocking, and a QB with an array of personal flaws, and not to mention extremely poor drafting. nobody would be successful with the Bears right now. it's silly to even say "oh, well that guy's great and we could've had him!" when they have a contemporary offense while the Bears are like a high school team by comparison.
Exactly. The pining for any other QB is funny. Sure, I can say objectively that Mahomes is much better than Trubisky. But had we drafted Mahomes, he'd have come here and we'd have turned him into Jay Cutler.

Noonthirtyjoe

Liked Posts:
Yes.

Use your draft picks on oline and tight end if needed. Austin Hooper and Hunter Henry are available in FA if you want a quick long term fix. If you want short term you can roll the dice with Olsen.

Brady serves as the perfect bridge QB and allows you to maximize the defense while in this window until the Bears draft picks are replenished. Once replenished, you swing at QB in the draft again.
Brady looked worse then Mitch last year but putting that to the side for now he already turned down 30 million. We don't have 30 million. Plus we could not afford a te or a olinemen after Brady. Practical answer is Mitch and getting him a te and OT. This is not the year to go all in and blow our future. If Mitch fails we move on the following year when we have picks to maneuver.
Yes.

Spending 30 MIL on a 45 year old qb
Yes.

Lol perfect sense? Brady wants 30 MIL. We don't have 30 MIL and then use fa to get a te? With what money? Brady looked worse then Mitch last year. Ride Mitch this year makes sense. Kick Mitch Nagy pace to the curb if next year goes bad and start over.

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers

Midway Fields

CCS Quarterback Guru
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Brady looked worse then Mitch last year but putting that to the side for now he already turned down 30 million. We don't have 30 million. Plus we could not afford a te or a olinemen after Brady. Practical answer is Mitch and getting him a te and OT. This is not the year to go all in and blow our future. If Mitch fails we move on the following year when we have picks to maneuver.

Spending 30 MIL on a 45 year old qb

Lol perfect sense? Brady wants 30 MIL. We don't have 30 MIL and then use fa to get a te? With what money? Brady looked worse then Mitch last year. Ride Mitch this year makes sense. Kick Mitch Nagy pace to the curb if next year goes bad and start over.

You’re entire post is based around 1 report that the Patriots are willing to give HIM $30 mil a year. You have no idea what he wants contract wise. My guess is he cares more about legacy than money hence why he has consistently accepted below market value contract extensions from the Pats throughout his career. To me, it looks like he wants to break away from Belichek and is looking for the destination that affords him the best opportunity to win and will make it work regardless of financial restraints.

And fuck off with Mitch. How many fucking times can you trot out his anemic, robotic ass and watch him do absolutely nothing to put the offense in position to put up points. Regardless of lip service, it is obvious Nagy is done with Mitch.

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
If he is another non-franchise QB then that’s exactly what will happen.
70 years of bums. We just can't catch a break, am I right?

roadwarrior_joe

Liked Posts:

What grinds me is how the hell Green Bay has managed to find them but the Bears would not recognize one if Brady walked in the door right now and said he was looking for a job.

mecha

Liked Posts:

I still think the bums are higher up on the totem pole. it's always at least one area where the team is deficient. to be a championship team you need all cylinders firing. that's historically proven. this team just isn't capable of having the FO, offense, and defense all on the same page.

coolio

Liked Posts:
The best thing that could happen to the bears is for them to implode lose a bunch of games and have a top prospect with more than one year experience at a better school falls right to them. A top consensus QB pick that doesnt need much scouting. Like bengals with burrow

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
The best thing that could happen to the bears is for them to implode lose a bunch of games and have a top prospect with more than one year experience at a better school falls right to them. A top consensus QB pick that doesnt need much scouting. Like bengals with burrow

actually the best thing would be winning the Superbowl.......