My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
NO thanks.
don't want him.
ANdy is a Bill Belichick's type guy. I dont see Dalton panning out for any else.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
He's got $17mil, one year, none guaranteed. Who is going to trade anything for that? Hard to imagine anyone is going to immediately extend him, and his market value isn't going to be in the starter range imo.

Good chance he gets cut, no trade partner. Too many FA options that are better than him.

KoreanBear

Liked Posts:
red just doesn't go well with any other color except the bengals colors.

Pegger

President Stoopid
Liked Posts:
Looks like the rumors they will trade the first pick for dsm is all bullshit!
Nah man, you have it all wrong.

They are trading away their 1st overall so in the late 1st/early second they can draft the next Andy Dalton...

The love Dalton's production so much that the mere thought of having that only for the remainder of Dalton's career is scaring them to make some bold moves.

Pegger

President Stoopid
Liked Posts:
Serious thought - Dalton's salary is far from guaranteed. If he was willing to take a guaranteed $8M for the next 2-3 years wouldn't he be the perfect setup/backup? Let's just think this through for the Bears for a second. If you trade virtually nothing or maybe another player with a larger contract for him he'd be a pretty steady guy behind Mitch. If Mitch works out you never see him. If Mitch fails he can string some wins together and would be the bridge QB while you develop the next guy. It would provide so much more stability over going full Glennon over the next couple seasons.

Jack Lantern

Liked Posts:
He's got $17mil, one year, none guaranteed. Who is going to trade anything for that? Hard to imagine anyone is going to immediately extend him, and his market value isn't going to be in the starter range imo.

Good chance he gets cut, no trade partner. Too many FA options that are better than him.

Trade Mitch's 9 million cap hit so the difference makes 8 million for the Bears. DO IT!!

coolio

Liked Posts:
Say bye bye to the bears 2021 2nd and 6th round pick

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I would only trade for him if the Bengals are eating a ton of money.

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
His QB rating was even worse than Mitch’s last year. I don’t understand why we’d want him at ANY price including FREE. He’s a bad to average QB on the downside of his career. He doesn’t solve any problems now and he doesn’t even have hope of upside. Hardest pass ever.

vabearsfan15

Liked Posts:
His QB rating was even worse than Mitch’s last year. I don’t understand why we’d want him at ANY price including FREE. He’s a bad to average QB on the downside of his career. He doesn’t solve any problems now and he doesn’t even have hope of upside. Hardest pass ever.

Thats a bit far imo. I agree that he was very poor last year and overall has been a mediocre QB throughout his career. But he still offers a decent floor for a FA signing. He's been in Cincy for a long time...maybe a change in scenery is what he needs, similar to Ryan Tannehill.

Personally, I'd pass at making a trade for him for 17 mil. But if he is available on the market, he still could have something left in the tank. He's 32 and could give us 5-6 good years if he pans out. If not, no harm. Draft another young guy you can develop also, and give yourself multiple chances to succeed.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

Because his career average is 2018 Mitch.

Dalton almost guarantees us that we can get 2018 Mitch which was good enough for us to be competitive.

NCChiFan

Bald, fat, toothless
Donator
Liked Posts:
Isn't part of our offense derived from run option? Can Dalton run at all?

coolio

Liked Posts:
Mariota has had a good run game and weapons for years it’s delusional to think he’ll come here and change anything. That’s just damage control. I’m not even convinced he’s better than Mitch.