Give me the numbers you think other QB's would have put up here last year.

Noonthirtyjoe

Liked Posts:
And remember (here) you know with zero run game, no te, very bad bad oline, and shitty play calling.
What numbers would Maholmes have? Or Watson? I wanna know what numbers you think they would have put up here in Mitch's shoes.

Maholmes 3100 yds 21 tds 7 int 92 qbr
Watson 2800 yds 19 tds 11ints 88 qbr.

My guesses.

Jack Lantern

Liked Posts:
No clue but Mitch will be in the XFL within 5 years if he sucks again.

bufordht

Liked Posts:
I think probably a 7 and 4. Maybe some 6s and of course some 0s. That goes without saying. I guess I wouldn't be surprised if there were some 1s and 2s just because those are really popular numbers. Definitely not any 5,8s, or 9s.

Idk tho

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Watson had a bad offensive line and running game and Beaes playcalling wasn't bad.

Carlos Hyde averaged 4.4 yards a carry and Johnson averaged 4.9 ypc......they ran for 1500 yards between the two of them

Montgomery had 3.7 ypc and Cohen was 3.3 ypc for 1100 yards........

Watson had a bad running game?.....Bears probably would have won 11 games with the Texans running game.

Also time to throw stat...this is the amount of time the offense line gives the QB to throw...for the laymen

Watson....2.82 seconds
Trubisky...2.64 seconds

Last edited:

vabearsfan15

Liked Posts:
The O-line was terrible. Montgomery did well to make 2 yard runs when constantly ganged up on behind the line of scrimmage. But even then, the run game was horrible.

In an offense where the QB shoulders alot of the blame and have to overcome poor play around his, Most would have done well to end up with 2 for 1 TD:Int ratio in our offense. Mitch went 1.7. I'm not sure any of Derek Carr, Andy Dalton, Teddy Bridgewater, Minshew, Mariota, etc would hit 2:1 either.

Mahomes is god-like in that he is able to evade the pass rush, throw while back-pedaling, and play off the fly. He would throw up video-game numbers where ever he is. There's a few others that could still get a 3:1 ratio, but not many. (Russel Wilson, Rodgers, Brees)

Bottom Line is that our offense as a whole is not very good. Top to Bottom we need an overhaul. I'm very critical of Mitch, but the room of improvement is much larger elsewhere on the offense.

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Carlos Hyde averaged 4.4 yards a carry and Johnson averaged 4.9 ypc......they ran for 1500 yards between the two of them

Montgomery had 3.7 ypc and Cohen was 3.3 ypc for 1100 yards........

Watson had a bad running game?.....Bears probably would have won 11 games with the Texans running game.

Also time to throw stat...this is the amount of time the offense line gives the QB to throw...for the laymen

Watson....2.82 seconds
Trubisky...2.64 seconds

you don't think that run game had anything to do with having an actual passing threat at QB?

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
you don't think that run game had anything to do with having an actual passing threat at QB?

not really....I looked up the defensive set that Carlos Hyde and Johnson faced and they were generally base defenses....

Carlos Hyde rushed into nickel and dime defenses 46.5% of the time...Johnson 65.1%

In contrast Montgomery faced nickel and dime 51.7% of the time...Cohen 78.1%

So despite having an easier rushing defense to face the Bears had a significantly worse rushing attack.....if what you said was true the Texans would have seen nickel and dime defenses more often than the Bears, which is obviously not the case.....

Last edited:

msadows

Liked Posts:
Not gonna read the rest of the thread, but heres by 4am drunk post:

This team had one of the worst olines in football, no te's, 1 WR, and no run game. Ohh, and an OC who is clueless as far as scheming.

I doubt anyone besides the elites would have succeeded. And yes, mahomes and watson are part of the "elites" group for those bitchboys who cry about us not drafting them.

Hard to have a succesful qb when every team plays nickel/dime against you because you cant run the ball against a 4 man front.

Mitch is not good enough. Dalton is not good enough. Keenum is not good enough. Insert any average qb, they aren't good enough.

This offense is god awful, and mitch is just a scapegoat. Yes, he's not very good, but the unit around him is just as bad or not worse. Like I've said before, you can list at least 5 starters on this unit worse than him this past year. That is not okay.

DammitFullerTurnUrHead!

Liked Posts:
Behind this Oline? with no TE or run support? I dont see it.

I think they do better than Trubisky, but I certainly don't see over 4k yards with this team in its current format.

Watson threw for 4000 yards behind an O line worse than this one

Mahomes is throwing for 4000 yards on any team

Trubisky would’ve thrown for 4000 yards too if he had even average accuracy and could read a defense

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
Mahomes is a reason any offense succeeds. He would still kill it here. Not KC level but pro bowl level for sure.