Kyler Murray vs. Jalen Hurts

YoungPA

Liked Posts:
Honest question. Can someone please explain to me what the hell is the difference between these to players?

Kyler Murray
Passing Stats:
TEAM GP COMP - ATT - PCT - YDS - TDINT
OU '18
- 14 - 260 - 377 - 69% - 4,361 - 42 - 7
Rushing Stats:
TEAM - GP - ATT - YDS - TD
OU '18 - 14 - 140 - 1001 - 12

Jalen Hurts
Passing Stats:
TEAM GP COMP - ATT - PCT - YDS - TDINT
OU '19
- 14 - 237 - 340 - 70% - 3,851 - 32 - 8
Rushing Stats:
TEAM - GP - ATT - YDS - TD
OU '19 - 14 - 233 - 1,298 - 20

Both transferred to Oklahoma
Both won Big 12 Player of the year
Both are Non-Traditional pocket passers
Kyler won Heisman, Jalen was Heisman runner-up
Kyler had 10 more TD Passes, Jalen had 8 more Rush TD
Both excel at throwing the deep ball with accuracy
Both struggle with up-the-middle pressure do to size

Scouts get it wrong EVERY year. What the hell are they seeing that made Kyler Murray the No.1 pick in the draft, but are ranking Jalen Hurts as a late 2nd or 3rd round pick. I see the same player operating the same offense. Pace needs to use 43 or 50 on him, someone with some upside. Instead of trotting out Andy Dalton after the Trubisky experiment fails.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Players are more than stats.

the knock on Hurts is that he needs work on reading defenses and struggles through his progressions.

despite his pass percentage he is not overly accurate. WRs needed a big catch radius for him.

hebs

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
To me...

Hurts reminds me of Mariota.

Murray reminds me of Wilson.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Another knock on Hurts for his accuracy is anticipation of receivers. He has some issues being NFL accurate on guys where he needs to throw to a spot.

YoungPA

Liked Posts:
I feel like that was the same thing they said about Watson coming out. His accuracy will hold him back. But dude just kept winning. And we took Trubisky. While Jalen just keeps on winning, with 2 different programs. While matching the statistical output of the #1 overall pick in the 2019 draft. In a direct apples to apples comparison.

Im not at all saying Jalen should go #1. Im just saying the Bears need to take another swing and whiffing on Tru.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
I feel like that was the same thing they said about Watson coming out. His accuracy will hold him back. But dude just kept winning. And we took Trubisky. While Jalen just keeps on winning, with 2 different programs. While matching the statistical output of the #1 overall pick in the 2019 draft. In a direct apples to apples comparison.

Im not at all saying Jalen should go #1. Im just saying the Bears need to take another swing and whiffing on Tru.
Watson was better regarded than Hurts. Hurts is considered by some even a day 3 pick. There was some knock on Watson for accuracy but not to the extent of Hurts.

Toast88

Liked Posts:
If the Bears pass on Eason, Fromm and Hurts, and one of them ends up being a really good NFL quarterback, will it have been a mistake to not draft them, or will you say, "Hey, no one thought they'd be this good."?

jtreal3

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
but how big are his hands?

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Hurts’ deep accuracy is good. It’s the anticipation throws and tight spirals that he is knocked for.

Visionman

Liked Posts:
I'm not a big fan of Murray. Not a fan of Hurts in the 2nd, either. If we had a 3rd rd pick, then we could talk. But I'd take Huntley over Hurts if that's the route we go.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Murray is very good. He is going to be a good QB for a long time.

I would be fine with Hurts in the 2nd round. He has the tools to work with an his improvement as a passer at OU this season gives me hope that you could continue to refine his passing. I doubt he is ever an elite passer, but if he is a good passer, good runner, and elite intangibles guy we are working with something.

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Liked Posts:
Murray is very good. He is going to be a good QB for a long time.

I would be fine with Hurts in the 2nd round. He has the tools to work with an his improvement as a passer at OU this season gives me hope that you could continue to refine his passing. I doubt he is ever an elite passer, but if he is a good passer, good runner, and elite intangibles guy we are working with something.

I live in AZ, so the Cardinals games are on a lot.

Murray has a quick release and is very accurate. I guess one advantage of being small is you don't have a long wind-up...lol.

I watch him hit WRs in stride all day long. If AZ can add some pieces, he'll get that shitty team in the playoffs.

The NFL being a copycat league, and with Mahomes and Murray being baseball guys, it makes me wonder if "baseball guys" at QB will become a thing.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
I live in AZ so the Cardinals games are on a lot.

Murray has a quick release and is very accurate. I guess one advantage of being small is you don't have a long wind-up...lol.

I watch him hit WRs in stride all day long. If AZ can add some pieces, he'll get that shitty team in the playoffs.

The NFL being a copycat league, and with Mahomes and Murray being baseball guys, it makes me wonder if "baseball guys" at QB will become a thing.

That actually has been a thing before...Elway....Wilson....Brady...

There is actually quite a few...

http://www.nfl.com/photoessays/0ap3000000483663/top-nfl-players-drafted-in-baseball

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I live in AZ, so the Cardinals games are on a lot.

I think because he is in the desert and not a national media market he got overlooked. But he is good and the Cardinals future is bright if they can fix that garbage OL.

RiDLer80

First time, long time.
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Miami Hurricanes
  2. Northern Illinois Huskies
If you actually watched them in college you can see that Murray is just a flat out better QB. He reads defenses better, has better anticipation and is a more accurate passer. Hurts left a lot of points on the field at Oklahoma despite his gaudy stats.

YoungPA

Liked Posts:
QB's come into the NFL today not knowing how to take a snap from under center. They cant even call a play in the huddle. Entire college career standing at the LOS, and looking to the sideline for a flash card. The Bears need to get with the times. The game is changed from being a Manning-like field general guy. Now you just need to be a playmaker. Thats Wilson, Watson, Mahomes, Jackson, Murray. The game is simplifide. Make your 1st read, 2nd read, then just make a play kid. Even Mahomes said he's still learning how to read defenses. These guys are just out there ballin. Playing fast. These kids are the Madden Generation.

I'd roll the dice on Jalen Hurts. And hope he doesnt end up being Marcus Vick or Tyrod Taylor.

Chicago Staleys

Realist
Liked Posts:
QB's come into the NFL today not knowing how to take a snap from under center. They cant even call a play in the huddle. Entire college career standing at the LOS, and looking to the sideline for a flash card. The Bears need to get with the times. The game is changed from being a Manning-like field general guy. Now you just need to be a playmaker. Thats Wilson, Watson, Mahomes, Jackson, Murray. The game is simplifide. Make your 1st read, 2nd read, then just make a play kid. Even Mahomes said he's still learning how to read defenses. These guys are just out there ballin. Playing fast. These kids are the Madden Generation.

I'd roll the dice on Jalen Hurts. And hope he doesnt end up being Marcus Vick or Tyrod Taylor.

nope

greg23

Liked Posts:
Serious question......have any of you WATCHED Jalen Hurts play qb in college?

Go look at his stats.. in 2019/17/16 vs the elite teams he played (non big 12 defense last year and in the cfp playoff games)...they're fuking awful

Want to know what's worse.....go watch those actual games......the guy is a BAD QB.

Be happy when someone other than the Bears drafts him.