Coby in latest NBA Rookie rankings

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
The rules changed. If defenders could still get away with brush contact against 3pt shots 40% more often, bump inside guys about 20% more often without fouls and protests from whiny players, then we go back to having floor generals and boxing bigmen. If traveling was called at the same rate that it was for 60 years before, then point guards wouldn't be handling the ball anywhere near as much either.

It's a rule enforcement deal. I don't like it, I personally think it makes the NBA more exhibition than strategy and discipline. That's just reality and the direction the league went into when orthopedics and neurologists went after all contact sports and their respective player associations. But to take it out on an NBA rookie who is actually putting in the work, showing steady results, despite the turd burger situation him and his team is in??? Yeah, that's just the dumbest kind of criticism. Kid deserves some praise. He's good.

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
The "prototypes" of each position has changed. The game has changed, so just adjust your mindsets accordingly.

Sure, but you still need someone on the team to distribute the basketball and get open shooters looks. I was happy to see coby last game I believe had 8 assists and 0 turnovers. That’s the kind of progress I’m looking for. We know he can put the ball in the hoop. If he can improve his assist to turnover ratio and his defense, then we’ve got something nice

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Let’s not ignore the 9 turnovers tonight or the fact his PG adversary went 12-16 from the field
Im confused. I dont know where you are going with this. He is a rookie playing a great stretch on a poor team. What is your issue with him starting? Harden just a quadruple double with 10 turnovers the other night. I feel like you are imaging a high school game. Satoransky isnt yall future at the ripe age of 29. Coby should play against starters constantly and he has shown he is growing doing it. Im not a Bulls fan but for the life of me. I feel like you have a vendetta against him or something. Bulls suck. He isnt hurting the team and he makes your offense look way more explosive on the court. He is going to have issues cause he is a rookie, but no reason to start other guys over him.

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Im confused. I dont know where you are going with this. He is a rookie playing a great stretch on a poor team. What is your issue with him starting? Harden just a quadruple double with 10 turnovers the other night. I feel like you are imaging a high school game. Satoransky isnt yall future at the ripe age of 29. Coby should play against starters constantly and he has shown he is growing doing it. Im not a Bulls fan but for the life of me. I feel like you have a vendetta against him or something. Bulls suck. He isnt hurting the team and he makes your offense look way more explosive on the court. He is going to have issues cause he is a rookie, but no reason to start other guys over him.

K way to say a bunch of things I’m not saying.

I’m not saying Satoransky is the future, I’m not saying he doesn’t make the offense more explosive, I’m not saying he’s a veteran, and I’m not saying harden is worth shit either. And I’m not saying coby shouldn’t start

All I’m saying is he needs to work on his turnovers and his defense. Am I wrong?

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
K way to say a bunch of things I’m not saying.

I’m not saying Satoransky is the future, I’m not saying he doesn’t make the offense more explosive, I’m not saying he’s a veteran, and I’m not saying harden is worth shit either. And I’m not saying coby shouldn’t start

All I’m saying is he needs to work on his turnovers and his defense. Am I wrong?
You have been advocating he shouldnt start. He should work on all facets of his game. He is a rookie. I just feel like you look at him weird sometimes. He should have been starting. He needs continue to do so

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
You have been advocating he shouldnt start. He should work on all facets of his game. He is a rookie. I just feel like you look at him weird sometimes. He should have been starting. He needs continue to do so

Whether he starts or not...it’s fair to point out when he’s getting torched by his opponent(s) and when he’s turning the ball over at a crazy high rate.

I guess it was easy to ignore when I gave him credit last game for having 0 turnovers and mentioned how it was a huge positive sign.

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
Let’s not ignore the 9 turnovers tonight or the fact his PG adversary went 12-16 from the field

Fair. But let's look at the 10-game stretch which the tweet was pointing out..

24.1 PPG
2.1 Turnovers per game
4.5 assists per game
3.8 rebounds per game
46.0 FG %
40.7 3PT FG %

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Fair. But let's look at the 10-game stretch which the tweet was pointing out..

24.1 PPG
2.1 Turnovers per game
4.5 assists per game
3.8 rebounds per game
46.0 FG %
40.7 3PT FG %

It’s definitely a positive sign, no doubt.

I’ve just been jaded by previous young bulls having similar stretches...some even with longer stretches of dominant play(Niko immediately comes to mind). Kid has potential though, no doubt

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
It’s definitely a positive sign, no doubt.

I’ve just been jaded by previous young bulls having similar stretches...some even with longer stretches of dominant play(Niko immediately comes to mind). Kid has potential though, no doubt

The 9 TO's weren't good. No doubt. I just hope he stays hot and continues to play better.

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
Pop Quiz

#Question
When a player does well, shows improvement, is a net positive, spectators should?:
a) give them praise and positive encouragement
b) giving encouragement is for meatballs, so how dare you find some kind of enjoyment on a shitty team!
c) think about Niko, because we know how that worked out
d) rookies should be efficient in all areas before earning any praise
e) point out that he wouldn't fit on a high school roster for lack of a traditional position
f) answers (b) through (e)

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Pop Quiz

#Question
When a player does well, shows improvement, is a net positive, spectators should?:
a) give them praise and positive encouragement
b) giving encouragement is for meatballs, so how dare you find some kind of enjoyment on a shitty team!
c) think about Niko, because we know how that worked out
d) rookies should be efficient in all areas before earning any praise
e) point out that he wouldn't fit on a high school roster for lack of a traditional position
f) answers (b) through (e)

Riiiiight....again, ignoring when I praised him the game before. I praise him and it’s crickets, but the second I critique him....rage rage fucking rage!!

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
Oh come on. Any independent reader here can see the agenda.

Just relax already. Give the kid a break and don't become one of those asshats that waits for failure to bring it to everyone's attention. Plenty of pessimism bandwagons to join with this shithole org, no need to start the 'Coby is Over-rated club', or whatever you may call it.

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Oh come on. Any independent reader here can see the agenda.

Just relax already. Give the kid a break and don't become one of those asshats that waits for failure to bring it to everyone's attention. Plenty of pessimism bandwagons to join with this shithole org, no need to start the 'Coby is Over-rated club', or whatever you may call it.

I’ve never said coby is overrated. I simply state he needs to work on his turnover rate and his defense. Am I wrong?
I’ve mentioned he has a lot of potential and is on a hell of a run here lately. If that means I have some agenda, then so be it

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
lol well rookies needing to work on things isn't exactly a new thing

Heck Luka and Trae Young still have really high turnover games and they're all stars already so...yeah, Coby is gonna have some things to work on

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
I'll admit. I was furious as hell when I found out Coby wasn't ambidextrous when shooting from half court.

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
This thread has aged spectacularly...