"Body shaming"

Novak

Mod in Training/Fire Forum
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Whats your gals thoughts on "body shaming"? Is that even a real thing, or are sensitive people just being overly sensitive? Is it okay to call a fatty, fatty?

Objectively speaking, being over weight is a huge health risk, so i feel like i'm just helping chunkers everywhere, but perhaps some of the thick-skinned boomers can correct me here.

Burque

Huevos Rancheros
Liked Posts:
Whats your gals thoughts on "body shaming"? Is that even a real thing, or are sensitive people just being overly sensitive? Is it okay to call a fatty, fatty?

Objectively speaking, being over weight is a huge health risk, so i feel like i'm just helping chunkers everywhere, but perhaps some of the thick-skinned boomers can correct me here.

Do you think that people that are fat do not know that they are fat?

Dragon Slayer

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I'm trying to be better about it or at least keeping it to myself.

Man, when someone has backtits tho? Like you have to try to get that fat, but at the same time, if someone wants to live that way who am I to tell them they cant?

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:

The US spends more in healthcare on people being obese than any other country. It's a huge burden.

Novak

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Do you think that people that are fat do not know that they are fat?
I think they don't care, and I think it's a bad thing to "spare their feelings" when they cost ME money and contribute to crowded hospitals and doctors offices all because they don't want to skip a few meals.

Reminding them how gross they are might inspire change. I'm sorry you don't want to be called fat, luckily there's a way to fix that.

Burque

Huevos Rancheros
Liked Posts:
I think they don't care, and I think it's a bad thing to "spare their feelings" when they cost ME money and contribute to crowded hospitals and doctors offices all because they don't want to skip a few meals.

Reminding them how gross they are might inspire change. I'm sorry you don't want to be called fat, luckily there's a way to fix that.

It's great that you feel so inspired to share your opinions to other people about their lifestyle choices, but honestly it is none of your business. Much like I am sure you wouldn't enjoy someone telling you what you are allowed to put into your body. If you are that concerned about your healthcare costs you can always opt out, or move someplace with more favorable obesity rates and better healthcare systems. Perhaps someplace.... I dunno, Nordic.

Novak

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
It's great that you feel so inspired to share your opinions to other people about their lifestyle choices, but honestly it is none of your business. Much like I am sure you wouldn't enjoy someone telling you what you are allowed to put into your body. If you are that concerned about your healthcare costs you can always opt out, or move someplace with more favorable obesity rates and better healthcare systems. Perhaps someplace.... I dunno, Nordic.
Or, I can voice my opinion to you regardless of your level of butthurt, because we have free speech here.

If you are honestly that concerned about me calling you a fatty because of your shitty lifestyle choices, which makes you become a burden on our society (and my eyeballs), you could move to someplace with more favorable censorship laws. Perhaps someplace... I dunno, North Korean.

Burque

Huevos Rancheros
Liked Posts:
Or, I can voice my opinion to you regardless of your level of butthurt, because we have free speech here.

If you are honestly that concerned about me calling you a fatty because of your shitty lifestyle choices, which makes you become a burden on our society (and my eyeballs), you could move to someplace with more favorable censorship laws. Perhaps someplace... I dunno, North Korean.
So much butt hurt. Imagine caring this much about what other people look like in 2020.

Novak

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
So much butt hurt. Imagine caring this much about what other people look like in 2020.
LMAO no one forced you to respond! Clearly you care that I care about my wallet and your decreasing life expectancy, even if you're trying to pretend you don't care about others imagining 2020 backtitty cares.

Gosh, the mental gymnastics in this thread and in @Burque s brane is cray

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
Brace yourselves fatties

So I always heard that some folks have a "thyroid" issue and that maybe why they are fatties. Total disclaimer, I don't know if that's a thing or even true but that is the only real reason I've ever heard as a legitimate excuse for being over weight.

That said, I think it's like any other addiction. You get out of shape, get sad or whatever and then eat yourself to incredible weights. It's probably easy. Food is fucking delicious!

So you gain 5,10,20,50,100 and before you know it, you're a god damned whale on my 600 pound world lyfe.

I feel for those folks. They know they are fat fucks. And in the end it will kill them. Just like drugs or alcohol.

So I feel for them. And good luck to them.

The key in this whole post is that I wish Omelet well and hope he diets enough to lose that extra 350 he has been waddling around with.

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Body shame activists say being overweight is as healthy as being skinny and skinny models shouldn't be advertised because they promote unrealistic standards.

If we have to alter science to make a group happy about there body I'm against it but if you want to be happy in your own skin then go for it.

Briggs is GOAT

Liked Posts:
As a skinny dude I get body shamed all the time. It doesn't bother me unless it becomes excessive (which is very rare), and it's a little odd when very fat people make fun of me for being skinny. For some reason it's ok to make jokes about skinny people but not fat people.

I think if you know someone, it's perfectly fine to encourage them to exercise and eat healthier/less. However, if you're calling people names and stuff (not that you do, just for anyone that does) then you're just being an asshole.

As for myself, currently attempting to bulk up but I've gotta stay outta the gym due to the plague we've got going right now.

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
@Novak At what weight to actually consider someone a Fatty McFatFat. Im not talking overweight or obese... like full on fatmode. We will use 6' as the basis for this exercise.

Briggs is GOAT

Liked Posts:
Personal story: I know a woman who is 5'4,'' maybe 5'5,'' but who easily clears the 250 pound mark. I'd put her at 270-280. In short, she's very overweight (and she always has been too, though she's not old, she's 30).

She ALWAYS makes comments on me being skinny. Nothing that's over the top or anything, but I just find it to be strange is all.

Burque

Huevos Rancheros
Liked Posts:
Thats not even the basis of his argument.
The basis of his argument is a bold faced lie. His thinly veiled attempt to make calling out fat people okay on the basis that he is somehow helping them is really just him being a shitty human being to another human being.

If you think calling out fat people helps them, I assure you it doesn't. So stop caping.

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
The basis of his argument is a bold faced lie. His thinly veiled attempt to make calling out fat people okay on the basis that he is somehow helping them is really just him being a shitty human being to another human being.

If you think calling out fat people helps them, I assure you it doesn't. So stop caping.

Literally what?

Burque

Huevos Rancheros
Liked Posts:
As a skinny dude I get body shamed all the time. It doesn't bother me unless it becomes excessive (which is very rare), and it's a little odd when very fat people make fun of me for being skinny. For some reason it's ok to make jokes about skinny people but not fat people.

I think if you know someone, it's perfectly fine to encourage them to exercise and eat healthier/less. However, if you're calling people names and stuff (not that you do, just for anyone that does) then you're just being an asshole.

As for myself, currently attempting to bulk up but I've gotta stay outta the gym due to the plague we've got going right now.
It's been perfectly acceptable to fat shame the shit out of people until maybe the last ten years.

Briggs is GOAT

Liked Posts:
It's been perfectly acceptable to fat shame the shit out of people until maybe the last ten years.
I've always thought that making fun of someone for being fat is mean. Certainly these days everybody thinks so.

Nobody thinks that making fun of someone for being skinny is mean though.