Jimmy Graham to Bears

msadows

Liked Posts:
They play the same position. Neither can play the Y.

They both line up inline quite a bit.

the whole Y/F/H/U thing is a head scratcher in this scheme. Neither can block, thats the issue.

msadows

Liked Posts:
I feel the same way. He's our best TE, and we technically upgraded the position. But we overpaid for someone who is going to be 34 during the season.

It's like Pace was like, "I remember you from NO! You still basically that same guy? Here's more money than you're worth!"

He overpaid him by about 2-3 mill, imo. I don't think its a Matt Millen grade like dumbass walterfootball said, but its still a hella overpay for someone who's past his prime. Still, he isn't the TE he was back in seattle but he is far and away better than anyone we have on the roster.

coolio

Liked Posts:
That 2020 draft pick is starting to look nice

Omeletpants

Save America
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Colorado Rockies
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  2. Orlando Magic
  3. Phoenix Suns
  4. Sacramento Kings
  1. Columbus Blue Jackets
Pace signs guys at the very end of his career that just had his worst year....nice job pace you fucking idiot.....

greg23

Liked Posts:
Jimmy Graham is a perfect fit

Old...check
Overpaid...check
Cant block...check
Is incredibly slow....double check

At this rate with our lack of speed across the board and a qb who cant hit anything on the move 15 yards down the field; we'll be facing goal to goal like defenses on every play!

Should be awesome

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
JFC. Now I have to root for this asshole? Vomit. This is worse than when the BEARS got Jared Allen.

Remember the game @ NO in 2011? Graham was the douchiest player I've ever seen in that game. Standing over/talking shit to an injured BEAR...getting in Lovie's face on the sideline.

2020 SUUUUCCKS!!

Gerald Alien was awesome tho

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
They both line up inline quite a bit.

the whole Y/F/H/U thing is a head scratcher in this scheme. Neither can block, thats the issue.

Lining up there and being good from there are different things.

Neither can block. Everytime you put Jimmy on the line the other team knows it is a pass or a run away.

msadows

Liked Posts:
Lining up there and being good from there are different things.

Neither can block. Everytime you put Jimmy on the line the other team knows it is a pass or a run away.

Actually, Burton was a fantastic blocker in 2018. He also lined up inline like half the time. Burton was one of the best run blocking tight ends in 2018.

Jimmy can not block, however, and is a shadow of his former self.

msadows

Liked Posts:
Also, you are acting like they will be on the field at all times together.

If they are both healthy and produce it will be a very deadly 3rd down threat with miller and robinson included in 12 personnel. Will make life very easy for mitch.

If its first and second down, Demetrius Harris will see plenty of play at the Y while both burton/graham swap off. Fuck, whos to say we wont roll out a 13 package every so often.

Both Jimmy G and Burton are better than any recieving option we have other than Miller/Arob right now.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Actually, Burton was a fantastic blocker in 2018. He also lined up inline like half the time. Burton was one of the best run blocking tight ends in 2018.

Jimmy can not block, however, and is a shadow of his former self.

PFF graded him that way. He was not asked to block as a traditional TE. He was doing a lot of cut offs and blocks you ask a WR to make.

msadows

Liked Posts:
Harris is a very good Y blocker. FYI. Burton might be one of the best blockers at his F tight end spot in the league. just sayin.

msadows

Liked Posts:
PFF graded him that way. He was not asked to block as a traditional TE. He was doing a lot of cut offs and blocks you ask a WR to make.

Yes, he's an F tight end, but he still lined up inline like 40-50% of the time.

I still stand by the fact thats why tarik had a beast year in 2018, because burton lined up infront of him and allowed cohen to take up the secondary coverage option instead of the best option. Matching up cohen on a safety isnt as much a mismatch as having him on a linebacker.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Also, you are acting like they will be on the field at all times together.

If they are both healthy and produce it will be a very deadly 3rd down threat with miller and robinson included in 12 personnel. Will make life very easy for mitch.

If its first and second down, Demetrius Harris will see plenty of play at the Y while both burton/graham swap off. Fuck, whos to say we wont roll out a 13 package every so often.

Both Jimmy G and Burton are better than any recieving option we have other than Miller/Arob right now.

One is crippled and the other is old and has decline every year since the Obama administration.

msadows

Liked Posts:
One is crippled and the other is old and has decline every year since the Obama administration.

Once again, top 10 in yardage and receptions the last 2 years.

If I told you we could get a TE who could put up that, you'd be happy.

I feel like all you do is bitch now. It's pathetic.

I don't like the signing for the money, but Jimmy is not completely washed up.

pseudonym

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
JFC. What a dumb move. He's done already.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Harris is a very good Y blocker. FYI. Burton might be one of the best blockers at his F tight end spot in the league. just sayin.

That is like being the fastest OLmen. Cool, but the expectations are pretty low.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Once again, top 10 in yardage and receptions the last 2 years.

If I told you we could get a TE who could put up that, you'd be happy.

I feel like all you do is bitch now. It's pathetic.

I don't like the signing for the money, but Jimmy is not completely washed up.

I bitch because 5 years into the Pace era and we aren't very good.

Being a top 10 TE is a low bar. 38 catches and 400 yards does not get me excited. For 8 million it makes me want to puke.