Bears sign OLB Robert Quinn 5 years 70 million

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
I'd take Floyd to the Lions, albeit at the right price.

He'd be your best LBer immediately

Walter Football gave the signing a D grade, says he is awful in a 3-4. He didnt have good stats in a 3-4 but he also only played in 17 out of 32 games

dennehy

Liked Posts:

Walter Football gave the signing a D grade, says he is awful in a 3-4. He didnt have good stats in a 3-4 but he also only played in 17 out of 32 games

Plus he will be the equivalent of DE whenever the Bears are in nickel or dime, which will be a lot.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Question...since you like to cry so much about what he does wrong, why not just go become a chiefs fan?

Beta bitch.
Weird how the guy who conforms to the beliefs of others constantly says other people are crying and calls someone a beta bitch. You’re literally an insecure dweeb who wants to be accepted from internet strangers. Not even a beta, but a full-blown zulu bitch if I’ve ever seen one. Wasn’t there a point late lost season where you apologized to everyone because you’re miserable irl? Or am I confusing you with another earmuff mafia dipshit?

Sorry but I’m a Bears fan and I’m here to stay. I’m just tired of watching losers 16 weeks for my entire existence. Ryan Pace won’t build a winner and your favorite player, Mitchell Trubisky is an absolute scrub who will be out of the league soon.

mbison

Liked Posts:
Didn’t Quin have 11.5 sacks last year? This seems like an amazing signing to me if he can play at this level for 2-3 more years along side Mack

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

I don't know much about him, age seems to be working against the Bears as of late though, with only a few draft picks this year, 2022 will be interesting..........Most on here don't know the difference between 3-4 and 4-3 so your wasting your breath there.

I am hearing rumors that the Lions are talking trade with D. Kenard, so Floyd very well could be in play for them.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Didn’t Quin have 11.5 sacks last year? This seems like an amazing signing to me if he can play at this level for 2-3 more years along side Mack
not just sacks was top 5 in pressures

NorcalBear

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
I like it. Just still have an ulcer watching our OL and run game last year. Im high on Monty.. I still think he is a stud (can do it all).. and given how putrid we looked.. if we cant get some OL help/ improvements.. it might even be more miserable having a better defense and SUCK on offense.

Visionman

Liked Posts:
You know it's a good move when Windy, the guy who was absolutely against signing anybody for the defense, is ok with Quinn.

Props to those of us who said pass rush opposite Mack was the #1 need this off-season...

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
You don't have to have the top players at most positions...just really good to great players...

Yes it is on paper right now, but I stand by that assertion.

Correct but Pitt and San Fran both have good to great players that have actually done it together.

Pit - Heyward and Watt were 2nd and 3rd in terms of overall grade of all Front 7 players. Then you add Tuit who was 15th. Dupree had 11.5 sacks. In total, their front 7 had 7 of the top 55 players as Hargrave, Williams and Alualu also cracked top 55. The only starter that didn't was Bush at 194. So pretty much they are stacked with 4 DL, 2 Edge, and 1 ILB in the top 55.

By contrast the Bears had 1 in Mack. Even if you want to go back to 2018 when they were dominant, they would have had 3 in top 55 ie Mack, Hicks, and Goldman. Quinn was not top 55 in either year.

Watt and Dupree a better edge combination than Mack and Quinn. Heyward, Tuit, Hargrave, and Alualu is a much better rotation at DL than Hicks, Goldman, RRH and whoever you want to put 4th. Williams was 10th rated ILB and Bush 40th compared to Trevathan being 44th and Smith 75th.

So Pitt still has them beat easily on paper unless by paper you mean Bears letterhead.

Zion

Magitek Knight
Liked Posts:
Good defense, bottom 5 offense, still same old Bears. Hard to get excited about any move tbh. Any move that doesn't bring a top 10 QB to Chicago.

Hammer

Liked Posts:
First (meatball) thought - WOW, Bears have THE best front 7 in whole NFL (plus Fuller & Jackson which then probably makes it THE best defense).

I mean, Hicks, Mack, Quinn, Goldman, Roquan, Trevathan & Nichols, that's crazy good.

But then, then you take a hard look at it and see lots of underlying issues:

1. Quinn excelled as 4-3DE, and was rather ineffective as 3-4 OLB

2. He topped 10 sacks in his contract year (was below that number in 4 prior years), plus potential age combined with durability issues

3. Waaaaay too much resources spent on D side of football while for example O-Line just plain sucks (RG and OT issues)

4. With Floyd cut, Pace record with 6 1st round picks - 1 hit (Roquan), 2 traded away (for Mack), 3 busts (White, Floyd, Trubisky), that's just putrid and severely affects the Cap (that's why Bears have Cap issues right now)

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
First (meatball) thought - WOW, Bears have THE best front 7 in whole NFL (plus Fuller & Jackson which then probably makes it THE best defense).

I mean, Hicks, Mack, Quinn, Goldman, Roquan, Trevathan & Nichols, that's crazy good.

But then, then you take a hard look at it and see lots of underlying issues:

1. Quinn excelled as 4-3DE, and was rather ineffective as 3-4 OLB

2. He topped 10 sacks in his contract year (was below that number in 4 prior years), plus potential age combined with durability issues

3. Waaaaay too much resources spent on D side of football while for example O-Line just plain sucks (RG and OT issues)

4. With Floyd cut, Pace record with 6 1st round picks - 1 hit, 2 traded away, 3 busts, that's just putrid and severely affects the Cap (that's why Bears have Cap issues right now)

Yes the miss on a 1st sucks, but I think we are primarily interested in what Next year brings.

The Bears are spending more on offense than defense....per spotrac 85m vs 83m...this is BEFORE signing graham

Quinn was top 5 in pressures....please compare what he did with Floyd.....

What does the misinformed data you posted have to do with the Bears having a really good front 7?

The fun part about defense is you can put him anywhere you like with the players we have right now.....