Bears trade for QB Nick Foles

dweebs19

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I like it. Disappointed they had to give up a 4th to get him, but I like Foles and he's reunited with Flip and Nagy

NMBearFan

Liked Posts:
if Nick or Mitch can elevate this offense, we will be in good shape.

Johnny Flash

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Well, Pace is grasping at straws here to save his sorry ass. I wouldn't be mad, had he been a free agent, but a fourth rounder for him while taking on that kind of contract? Yikes...

kg1187

Liked Posts:
I love how Pace went big at impact positions like QB, EDGE and TE. Just wish he would have signed Ebron instead but overall Pace did a very good job this offseason. On to the draft.

Chicago Staleys

Realist
Liked Posts:
I like it. Disappointed they had to give up a 4th to get him, but I like Foles and he's reunited with Flip and Nagy

Nagy hasn’t coached him in years.

As of right now the Bears are paying him a starter salary.

Gave up a draft pick when they have very little draft capital.

Non-mobile QB behind a bad Oline.

Nothing is good about this trade.

LetsGo34

Liked Posts:
Difference in Foles is that he knows the system and has proven to run it effectively. I actually like the trade (depending on restructuring terms for his contract).
But does he? Bears clearly aren't running the same system as the Eagles.

melm

Liked Posts:
Graham and Foles, wow. I felt good about this offseason just a few days ago. I couldn't be more disappointed. All quarterbacks will suck if there is a defender on them in .5 seconds and a second one on them in 1.5 seconds. we needed as much of an OT overhaul as the numbers would allow, I am not feeling that.

How much cap is left for FAs?

Jack Lantern

Liked Posts:
Well, Pace is grasping at straws here to save his sorry ass. I wouldn't be mad, had he been a free agent, but a fourth rounder for him while taking on that kind of contract? Yikes...

Front office and coaching staff knew they would lose the locker room if they had gone with Mitch as the one and only for another year. Also, it was very telling when Nagy came out on camera just a month ago and challenged Mitch to watch more film.

Give Pace credit for moving on from his #2 overall Bust

msadows

Liked Posts:
But does he? Bears clearly aren't running the same system as the Eagles.

It's close enough.

They are both functions of the Andy Reid offense.

The terminology and playbooks should be very similar. It's how you utilize them that differs.