Bears trade for QB Nick Foles

Chicago Staleys

Realist
Liked Posts:
I love how Pace went big at impact positions like QB, EDGE and TE. Just wish he would have signed Ebron instead but overall Pace did a very good job this offseason. On to the draft.

The NFL is laughing at Pace right now.

Quinn is the only thing that saving him from not getting fired tomorrow. Even that deal has some question marks.

Zion

Magitek Knight
Liked Posts:
What the fuck are we hoping to do with Nick Foles? We should've just kept Josh McCown all those years ago if we wanted a Nick Foles type.

This franchise is doomed

msadows

Liked Posts:
Front office and coaching staff knew they would lose the locker room if they had gone with Mitch as the one and only for another year. Also, it was very telling when Nagy came out on camera just a month ago and challenged Mitch to watch more film.

Give Pace credit for moving on from his #2 overall Bust

They aren't moving on from anyone. This is an emergency plan.

Everyone and their mom knew we were getting an emergency plan.

More than likely if mitch gets benched this season is over anyways.

airtime143

This place is dead and buried.
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
that is finally over........let the competition begin. I hope we get a decent enough QB out of this.

Worse case scenario we have to look for a new QB next year.

At least we know we are in fact being served a shit sandwich in 2020.
Will it be corny and firm? Or chunky pudding?
Dont really care.

Jack Lantern

Liked Posts:
Graham and Foles, wow. I felt good about this offseason just a few days ago. I couldn't be more disappointed. All quarterbacks will suck if there is a defender on them in .5 seconds and a second one on them in 1.5 seconds. we needed as much of an OT overhaul as the numbers would allow, I am not feeling that.

How much cap is left for FAs?

Draft is still upcoming, duh?

HansGruber

INFIDEL
Liked Posts:
He was the best that was left of the QB's

Stop crying Mitch dick lickers

mattb78

My threads are FTO !
Liked Posts:
If its a reasonable contract, not a bad move. Good insurance in case Mitch doesn't do well, and also a quality backup if injury.

NCChiFan

Bald, fat, toothless
Donator
Liked Posts:
The NFL is laughing at Pace right now.

Quinn is the only thing that saving him from not getting fired tomorrow. Even that deal has some question marks.
Did the Bears just upgrade the QB position? Or not? If the Bears have any shot next year, someone at QB has to step up. You either get a better Trubs or Foles beats him out at QB and starts. Either way, its better for the Bears. Just fix the O line now.

dweebs19

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Nagy hasn’t coached him in years.

As of right now the Bears are paying him starer salary.

Gave up a draft pick when they have very little draft capital.

Non-mobile QB behind a bad Oline.

Nothing is good about this trade.
They were going to pay starter money to any of the remaining QBs. Cam and Dalton weren't coming to the Bears cheap. Lke I said, the only thing I didn't like about this trade is giving up a 4th, but sometimes that's what you have to do. He at least can mentor Mitch or the new rookie QB the Bears draft.

I doubt the Bears do anything more on defense in the draft. I think the draft is all oline/TE/WR/possibly QB

Chicago Staleys

Realist
Liked Posts:
Did the Bears just upgrade the QB position? Or not? If the Bears have any shot next year, someone at QB has to step up. You either get a better Trubs or Foles beats him out at QB and starts. Either way, its better for the Bears. Just fix the O line now.

Foles is no better the TRU. No they didn’t upgrade.

TRU is actually a better passer on 1st and 2nd downs.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
They aren't moving on from Trubisky. This will be an open competition.

Our best hope is for Trubisky to finally come together as a QB. Let him run and throw.

ChiKhan

QB1
Liked Posts:
Mitch gets the 7th seed and Foles does the rest. Super Bowl baby!

msadows

Liked Posts:

I almost guarantee you foles does not start week 1.

He's here so we have an actual NFL starter if mitch officially becomes a bust.

msadows

Liked Posts:
They aren't moving on from Trubisky. This will be an open competition.

Our best hope is for Trubisky to finally come together as a QB. Let him run and throw.

Hopefully he'll stop playing like a pussy when his career and contract is on the line.

Chicago Staleys

Realist
Liked Posts:
They were going to pay starter money to any of the remaining QBs. Cam and Dalton weren't coming to the Bears cheap. Lke I said, the only thing I didn't like about this trade is giving up a 4th, but sometimes that's what you have to do. He at least can mentor Mitch or the new rookie QB the Bears draft.

I doubt the Bears do anything more on defense in the draft. I think the draft is all oline/TE/WR/possibly QB

Yes, you missed the point, those 2 players ARE starters. Foles has back-up skills while getting paid a starter on a team with no QB talent and a bad Oline.

The Bears will definitely be drafting some Defense.