Bears trade for QB Nick Foles

mattb78

My threads are FTO !
Liked Posts:
I almost guarantee you foles does not start week 1.

He's here so we have an actual NFL starter if mitch officially becomes a bust.

Yep, and also a stopgap if we look for a QB in the draft next year. You can not pick up Mitch's 5th year, have Foles to start and draft a replacement QB.

Having a very solid backup is a good thing. Just interested in the cap number, hoping like 7-8 million over 3 years which is reasonable. Really hoping we didn't spend 10 million+ a year on Foles.

Chicago Staleys

Realist
Liked Posts:
A healthy Nick Foles will look prime Joe Montana in comparison to Mitch last season. Big upgrade at the QB was made today and people are pissed.

Statistically Foles is worse then Mitch on 1st and 2nd downs. Not an upgrade.

A statue behind a bad Oline. This was a really bad move.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I went to Jacksonville for a work conference like 6 weeks ago and chatted with my Uber driver about Foles and how JAX fans would feel if he were traded.

He more/less said "If you'll take his money off our hands.... we should give you a fucking draft pick"

I said "What if the Bears gave you a pick?"

He said "If you gave us even like a 5th-7th rounder it'd be a steal"

I said "What about a 3rd or 4th"

He said "Is your GM on meth? I would be ecstatic.... get rid of his money and a pick that high?"

I said "Just wait."

Thomas31

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Man. I really want to get more excited about this, but it's hard to...

But, I will say that there's NO WAY he's getting 21 mil guaranteed to sit on the bench. He will starting opening day....

BEARS

dweebs19

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yes, you missed the point, those 2 players ARE starters. Foles has back-up skills while getting paid a starter on a team with no QB talent and a bad Oline.

The Bears will definitely be drafting some Defense.
Dalton, I can agree is a starter, but he most likely would cost more than a 4th round pick. Cam, the last I saw him, he was not a starter. He hasn't been healthy in awhile and that's not a risk I'm willing to take. Foles has operated a similar offense to a superbowl before. I think he's mostly in Chicago as an expensive Chase Daniel. Just there to mentor Mitch and future QB

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Yes, you missed the point, those 2 players ARE starters. Foles has back-up skills while getting paid a starter on a team with no QB talent and a bad Oline.

The Bears will definitely be drafting some Defense.
Technically, they aren't.

kg1187

Liked Posts:
Statistically Foles is worse then Mitch on 1st and 2nd downs. Not an upgrade.

A statue behind a bad Oline. This was a really bad move b

Lol Foles is clearly better despite his up’s and downs. It’s been mostly down for Mitch aside from the Bucs game two years ago.

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Fuck no

msadows

Liked Posts:
Anyone who thinks Mitch isn't starting week 1 is delusional.

As someone else stated, this is the emergency plan. If Mitch sucks, which will prob happen, Foles steps in around week 5-6 and takes over the rest of the season.

More than likely he won't redeem this offense, and we pick top 15 and end up taking a QB there. Then you have foles as the starter next year while we groom the pick.

This season still is very much Get Mitch or Die Tryin'

ChicagoBearsSinceBirth

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Milwaukee Brewers
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Everybody cries and wants another quarterback other than Mitch Bridgewater for whatever reason didn't come here cuz he didn't want to compete supposedly Cam Newton probably cost too much for the trade and they're going to wait to cut him forever maybe

and they finally go after a quarterback all you idiots want and all you guys do is complain and bitch and say we suck and all this other stupid stuff what is wrong with you people

he's trying to address the quarterback position that's exactly what you guys wanted obviously it might not even be the quarterback they wanted or they're going to go forward with but unless Mitch gets a lot better or Nick Foles light it up for the next few years this is where we're at right now no point in crying about it specially when you guys got exactly what you wanted another quarterback

The other options might have been exhausted maybe they didn't trust the injury history of Cam Newton or Bridgewater Nick Foles isn't much better in theory it would have been great to get Bridgewater but all these guys are maybe when it comes to them being successful with our team it's what they have in front of them at this moment the draft is where they find the future unless Mitch or people we bring in light on fire but complaining that they bring in another quarterback when that's all you guys wanted is stupid

Last edited:

Calabis

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
So his brain obviously processes faster than Mitch's.....problem is it wont have time, thanks to our amazing oline and no run game

SugabearMVP

Liked Posts:
But does he? Bears clearly aren't running the same system as the Eagles.

You seriously believe that Nagy won't let Foles input what worked for them in certain areas of the system? Come on.
Look I know last year was awful for the Bears, but Foles is the kind of guy you bring in to make that system run more effectively. I'd rather have him than another rookie learning a system that needs help or just waiting on Trubs to make it happen.

msadows

Liked Posts:
Lol Foles is clearly better despite his up’s and downs. It’s been mostly down for Mitch aside from the Bucs game two years ago.

No...no he isn't. Outside one year he went on a run in 2013 and the playoff run foles has not looked very good at all in his career.

Foles is a backup quality player who had the luxury of starting his entire career. Mitch more than likely will be a backup quality player after this year as well. Neither is better. They both suck.

Chicago Staleys

Realist
Liked Posts:
They may very well have gone with Foles simply due to the

Technically, they aren't.

If Dalton or Cam came to Chicago, they would most definitely be the starter. Foles is no better then Mitch.

This is mind boggling