The Walking Dead

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

3 episodes left.... lol wtf.

I didn't realize shows like this were still in a Production phase when they aired.

I would think the 8 episode half-season chunks would be completed before starting to air.

They can't still be shooting... can they?

airtime143

This place is dead and buried.
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
3 episodes left.... lol wtf.

I didn't realize shows like this were still in a Production phase when they aired.

I would think the 8 episode half-season chunks would be completed before starting to air.

They can't still be shooting... can they?

They are probably in post- cant cram all the effects guys in a room together.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
They are probably in post- cant cram all the effects guys in a room together.

I know but that kinda work seems like it would be relatively easy to convert to remote work.

Even if you need multiple people collaborating on the editing and whatnot... do it on a WebEx with screen sharing and control sharing.

airtime143

CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I know but that kinda work seems like it would be relatively easy to convert to remote work.

Even if you need multiple people collaborating on the editing and whatnot... do it on a WebEx with screen sharing and control sharing.

No matter what they do, it cannot be worse than the green screen at the dump.
5rnb0pr0y7k01.jpg

Sculpt

Liked Posts:
Speaking of the 'walking dead'... I had to go back to Page 3 to find the thread.

If anyone was like me, and I'm guessing I'm alone in this, I forgot TWD eps had started back up weeks ago.

SPOILERS - of course
Have questions/comments about ep 11 Morning Stars -- when the horde attacks Hilltop. Hilltop, if I saw it right, made an perimeter defense of wood spikes about 15 yards past their outer walls, and that were about 30 of them were stationed spearing the walkers in the head to hold them there. The Whisperers hit the city walls, and some of the defenders with balloons filled with flammable liquid (supposed to be tree sap). Then they shot flaming arrows at them all, where both outer perimeter and the city walls went up in flames...

The show had the walkers continue to advance on Hilltop... but I thought the walkers were repelled by fire? Did I imagine that, or did the writers just make that TWD' canonical precept disappear?

UPDATE -- never mind, they're attracted to fire.

Last edited:

airtime143

CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Speaking of the 'walking dead'... I had to go back to Page 3 to find the thread.

If anyone was like me, and I'm guessing I'm alone in this, I forgot TWD eps had started back up weeks ago.

SPOILERS - of course
Have questions/comments about ep 11 Morning Stars -- when the horde attacks Hilltop. Hilltop, if I saw it right, made an perimeter defense of wood spikes about 15 yards past their outer walls, and that were about 30 of them were stationed spearing the walkers in the head to hold them there. The Whisperers hit the city walls, and some of the defenders with balloons filled with flammable liquid (supposed to be tree sap). Then they shot flaming arrows at them all, where both outer perimeter and the city walls went up in flames...

The show had the walkers continue to advance on Hilltop... but I thought the walkers were repelled by fire? Did I imagine that, or did the writers just make that TWD' canonical precept disappear?

Walkers are attracted by fire.
Daryl used fire to draw all the walkers in to self immolation when the wolves attacked alexandria and carl lost his eye.

They also used strategically set fires (daryl again) to guide the horde towards the sanctuary when they tried to wipe out the saviors.
Then, the fire from the falling satellite drew in a shit ton of walkers.

Shit...go back to hershels farm and the walkers were drawn by the barn fire.

That is one of the consistent themes over the course of the show.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Daryl used fire to draw all the walkers in to self immolation when the wolves attacked alexandria and carl lost his eye.

They also used strategically set fires (daryl again) to guide the horde towards the sanctuary when they tried to wipe out the saviors.

One of the writers/producers is going to see this post and make them afraid of fire in the finale episode now, thx.

Sculpt

Liked Posts:

OK, I guess I was remembering wrong.

airtime143

CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
OK, I guess I was remembering wrong.

To be fair, in episodes 1 and 2, zombies could use tools, climb fences and ladders, and they sat and rested when not eating... and they completely changed that, so a flip flop wouldnt surprise me.

Makes me think of a one-time-shot zombie behavior that bugged the ever loving shit out of me.

When laurie dies, rick loses his shit and hunts down where she died.
all there was in the room was a zombie with a distended belly... which rick opens up (or just stabs so he could posthumously stab laurie).

The implication is that this fat zombie completely consumed laurie. There was never a body pulled out of that room.

so- zombies eat bitches bones and all?

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
To be fair, in episodes 1 and 2, zombies could use tools, climb fences and ladders, and they sat and rested when not eating... and they completely changed that, so a flip flop wouldnt surprise me.

Makes me think of a one-time-shot zombie behavior that bugged the ever loving shit out of me.

When laurie dies, rick loses his shit and hunts down where she died.
all there was in the room was a zombie with a distended belly... which rick opens up (or just stabs so he could posthumously stab laurie).

The implication is that this fat zombie completely consumed laurie. There was never a body pulled out of that room.

so- zombies eat bitches bones and all?

but only if they was a bitch!!

Penny Traitor

バカでも才能は一つ
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Not sure about a new season, but you finally get to see the end of the past one come 10/4/20.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Not sure about a new season, but you finally get to see the end of the past one come 10/4/20.

Idk if still true, but last I read on all 3 Walking Dead shows.

Original TWD was to return with 6 episodes to conclude season 10, rather than just 1 episode finale.

Fear the Walking Dead was to return 1-2 weeks after TWD's 6 episode finale began airing, which seemed odd.

The Walking Dead: World Beyond (third show) was to begin airing the same weekend as Fear the Walking Dead, which seemed even more odd.... also I read they only planned 2 seasons for this third show.

airtime143

CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Idk if still true, but last I read on all 3 Walking Dead shows.

Original TWD was to return with 6 episodes to conclude season 10, rather than just 1 episode finale.

Fear the Walking Dead was to return 1-2 weeks after TWD's 6 episode finale began airing, which seemed odd.

The Walking Dead: World Beyond (third show) was to begin airing the same weekend as Fear the Walking Dead, which seemed even more odd.... also I read they only planned 2 seasons for this third show.

News has been all over the place, but apparently the last season is an extended season, which will be 2022- But Carol and Daryl signed a deal to debut a new show in 2023.

"Having negotiated an approximately $20 million a year contract for TWD in mid-2018 and with Season 5 of Ride set to hit the small screen next year, the latest big swings by Reedus come as the series based on Robert Kirkman’s now concluded comics heads to its own end in 2022. That super-sized 11th and final season of the mother show in the ever expanding Deadverse franchise will be followed in 2023 with Reedus’ Daryl Dixon, a character that never appeared in the comics, and McBride’s Peletier debuting in their own TWD show. "

So- do they end as fuck buddies or will daryl still friend zone her?

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
News has been all over the place, but apparently the last season is an extended season, which will be 2022- But Carol and Daryl signed a deal to debut a new show in 2023.

"Having negotiated an approximately $20 million a year contract for TWD in mid-2018 and with Season 5 of Ride set to hit the small screen next year, the latest big swings by Reedus come as the series based on Robert Kirkman’s now concluded comics heads to its own end in 2022. That super-sized 11th and final season of the mother show in the ever expanding Deadverse franchise will be followed in 2023 with Reedus’ Daryl Dixon, a character that never appeared in the comics, and McBride’s Peletier debuting in their own TWD show. "

So- do they end as fuck buddies or will daryl still friend zone her?

So... Darryl and Carol must exit the show in the next year, or TWD has to be ending as an overall series.

And if TWD is ending, FTWD is also ending.

I am just wondering if they are leaving the series and it has more runway, or if they've decide to finish up all Walking Dead shows over the next 2-3 years.

airtime143

CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
So... Darryl and Carol must exit the show in the next year, or TWD has to be ending as an overall series.

And if TWD is ending, FTWD is also ending.

I am just wondering if they are leaving the series and it has more runway, or if they've decide to finish up all Walking Dead shows over the next 2-3 years.

the "mother show" (their term, i like it.) is done after 2022, Daryl and Carol starts in 23, the others I have no clue.

I cant decide if I want FTWD to stay behind and not culminate with the main, or if it would be awesome to reunite rick and Morgan.

I dont have a ton of interest in the new one with the kids... maybe it will change my mind though. we shall see.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
the "mother show" (their term, i like it.) is done after 2022, Daryl and Carol starts in 23, the others I have no clue.

I cant decide if I want FTWD to stay behind and not culminate with the main, or if it would be awesome to reunite rick and Morgan.

I dont have a ton of interest in the new one with the kids... maybe it will change my mind though. we shall see.

The Daryl/Carol show is some Western thing.... FYI.... it isn't anything in TWD universe.

So from what you're saying, they are ending TWD as an overall franchise in the next 2 years.

They already said that third Walking Dead show was only going 2 seasons, so it would finish up around the same time as the "mother TWD" show.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
The Daryl/Carol show is some Western thing.... FYI.... it isn't anything in TWD universe.

So from what you're saying, they are ending TWD as an overall franchise in the next 2 years.

They already said that third Walking Dead show was only going 2 seasons, so it would finish up around the same time as the "mother TWD" show.
Yes, it came out a couple of days ago that the series will end with Season 11.