What about haircuts?

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
DIY. Bonus points if you can do 100% scissors. ;)

But yeah, my mom and aunt worked as beauticians when they were younger, friends as a teenager cut eachother's hair. And joining the military you run into periods of oh-shit garrison days before formation where people forgot to get a regulation haircut.... or deployments.

My main is an oster model 10. You can clip the sistene chapel in someones hair with those things, just incredible how well they designed it. But I started with a $12 conair model that lasted me a decade, and a nice Andis Master model once this became a weekly used item, which now cost about $100, but used to be $40. Wahl is the best for under $50 right now and has been for a while (just avoid MRSP $20 or less Wahls. They might be ok to start, but shit after a year... sale $20 or less, but actually legit nice set is okay IMO. )

BearFanJohn

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Follicly challenged. Wife cuts my hair, takes about 2 minutes.

airtime143

This place is dead and buried.
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Not a concern for me. I pull it back a couple times a year and lop of a couple inches with one cut. Good for several months.

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:

But yeah, my mom and aunt worked as beauticians when they were younger, friends as a teenager cut eachother's hair. And joining the military you run into periods of oh-shit garrison days before formation where people forgot to get a regulation haircut.... or deployments.

My main is an oster model 10. You can clip the sistene chapel in someones hair with those things, just incredible how well they designed it. But I started with a $12 conair model that lasted me a decade, and a nice Andis Master model once this became a weekly used item, which now cost about $100, but used to be $40. Wahl is the best for under $50 right now and has been for a while (just avoid MRSP $20 or less Wahls. They might be ok to start, but shit after a year... sale $20 or less, but actually legit nice set is okay IMO. )

Why not just build your own clippers? You seem to be pretty handy. I'm sure a couple C batteries and a few razors would be a good start.

Burque

Huevos Rancheros
Liked Posts:
Like a playoff beard?

I'm thinking of getting some decent clippers. I was going to attempt it with my beard trimmer and a comb for a spacer, but nah. Can anyone recommend a good clipper? Cordless would be ideal.
Get Wahl clippers.

I've got two sets, one that was from when I was growing up (the eighties) that still works just fine and then my mom bought me a set for Christmas one year with all the guards.

Just oil it after using and it will treat you right.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
I've been thinking of using the electric clippers that have the numbered plastic attachments. The concern for me is making it even on the back, my wife is terrible cutting hair, a mullet is not a choice either.
I bought a 54 dollar norelco with all the attatchments. Did wonders and you can use it by yourself just have a mirror. Its not going to be the best cut of your life but it will keep you trim. Thats all you can really go for now

BearFanJohn

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Pussy doesnt have the money for Great Clips?

Don’t have enough hair to warrant spending money at the barber. Though, I am sure when you go to great clips you are a shitty tipper there, too.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats

Literally nothing could surprise me anymore from this poster.

Tater

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I can't comment on cordless, but Wahl makes good clippers.

This one looks like it's sold out in most places. Same on Amazon, but someone might have it.

Man, these are out of stock even on Amazon. Must be tons of people cutting their own already.

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Not an issue here. Being a metalhead I have long hair because I'm contractually obliged to to the windmill every time Slayer's "Raining Blood" plays.
giphy.gif

PaytonHighstep

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Nice post, pigeon fucker
I doubt he’s a pigeon fucker, everyone knows that’s risky with avian influenza. But you being from Elgin I’m sure you’re into some swinging with farm animals, so you should know better being so close to Carpentersville for reference.

I’ve told you before, but I’m sure you’ve forgotten. Please go to Great Clips yourself, you deserve all the best in this fine world and everything that goes with being out in public places at the moment. I hope Great Clips gives you the old school Wuhan Spa treatment while you’re there. Enjoy the experience you fucking moron.

Dragon Slayer

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I'm pretty embarrassed with the current mop on my head.

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
my pompadour might rival @HeHateMe 's at this point. my Dad also called me Santa due to my beard

Rob219_CBMB

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
my personal barber cuts mine's.
got mine's cut a day after illinois order a stay at home. he was legit ready cause he had just came back from italy of alllll places. had protection and even gave me some cool black rubber gloves, i had bullshit clear ones.