My favorite teams
  1. Colorado Rockies
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  2. Orlando Magic
  3. Phoenix Suns
  4. Sacramento Kings
  1. Columbus Blue Jackets
So, the wife's Chrysler Pacific is coming off lease May 26th. Try to lease her an Audi Q5 but she prefers the plain old mininvan.

Email 6 Crysler dealers with specs and terms. My goal is to stay at my current payments. Numbers start coming back at $110-150 more per month. How can this be? Same config as 2017 but interest lower should offset any price increases. Turns out Chrysler has one capitalized price for leasing (regardless of whether you lease through Chrysler Finance or 3rd party bank they use) and $4000 less capitalized cost if you purchase

Sales people say Chrysler is trying to manipulate finance vs leases. Really? I would think in this environment where few are buying that they would take any sale they could. News reports say that 20% of the dealerships will be out of business in 3 months with this virus. So, I have another 40 days till lease expiration, then US Bank will extend current lease 6 months, so I'm just going to wait them out

Omeletpants

Save America
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Colorado Rockies
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  2. Orlando Magic
  3. Phoenix Suns
  4. Sacramento Kings
  1. Columbus Blue Jackets
lease a minivan?
seems money savvy
Why not?

I havent paid for a car repair since 1989.

We get new vehicles every 3 years

Don't have to sell anything or dispose of a car

I ALWAYS get any milage overages forgiven

I often get the next dealer to eat 1-3 final [payments to get me into a new lease

The new lease laws: ON January 1st, Illinois law changed so that sales tax applies only to what the customer down payment and the monthly lease payment. BONANZA FOR OMELET

My credit rating if off the charts so I always get best rates

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
Why not?

I often get the next dealer to eat 1-3 final [payments to get me into a new lease

The new lease laws: ON January 1st, Illinois law changed so that sales tax applies only to what the customer down payment and the monthly lease payment. BONANZA FOR OMELET

ALWAYS HAVE A CAR PAYMENT LOLLLOLOLOLOL

Dumbfuck

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Why not?

I know we have had our differences over the years but I think there's one thing that we can absolutely agree on. Your wife is a saint.

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
And the car payment you make is higher than mine for the exact same car....idiot

Havent had a car payment since 2016. Saved $24k in payments in that time. Only had to put $2000 into the car for maintenance. LOLOLOL at least the dealer pays for your repairs while leasing and making monthly payments like a poverty fucking idiot.

Last edited:

Dragon Slayer

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I just pay straight cash like a normal person who lives above the poverty line. Do most of my own maintenance until it's not cost effective anymore. Last car I got rid of I listed on Craigslist and sold it in 2 hours. Bada bing bada boom.

Also LMAO at leasing a mini van

Omeletpants

Save America
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Colorado Rockies
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  2. Orlando Magic
  3. Phoenix Suns
  4. Sacramento Kings
  1. Columbus Blue Jackets
I just pay straight cash like a normal person who lives above the poverty line. Do most of my own maintenance until it's not cost effective anymore. Last car I got rid of I listed on Craigslist and sold it in 2 hours. Bada bing bada boom.

LOW RENT POSER DRIVING AROUND IN A 15K CAR. LIVE IT UP, BIG SHOT LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLO

nvanprooyen

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears

I have payments on one of our vehicles but I could likely sell it for around $10k more than I owe, and I've got a great interest rate on it. Regardless, imagine thinking leasing a friggin minivan is a great financial decision.

Last edited:

Dragon Slayer

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I have payments on one of our vehicles but I could likely sell it for around $10k more than I owe, and I've got a great interest rate on it. Regardless, imagine thinking leading a friggin minivan is a great financial decision.
My wife has a car payment. I can only tolerate one lol. I bet @Omeletpants got this great advice from his "Vanguarde" advisor