Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
Why you have spent your life honing your skills as a $22/hr car mechanic I was making millions seeling managed services outscouring projects to fortune 50 companies. LOLOLOLOLOLO Good trade off for you

I have menial workers like you to do the shit work in my life while I drive my $105k A8L and live in a 5000 sqft house

Sooooo, why would you be leasing cars and worrying about paying for repairs?

puckthefackers

Liked Posts:
So spending several hundred thousands in lease payments is saving you money from car repairs... you must be an awful driver

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
Audis/VWs are horribly expensive to maintain. Buy a car that is inexpensive to maintain, has a proven platform for reliability, and there is no way any lease can compare. These aren't 1980's Audis, or the few years they tried to prove to the Italians not to full out nationalize the Lamborghini brand by pushing out a few excellent drivetrains. I know engineers that work in Ingolstadt for Audi that try to design vehicle components to have a series of failures at certain mileage points, and that's all they do. Because they are scared that the vehicles will not be fit to operate on the autobahn. And this is a very familiar trend across all German cars for the last few decades, despite those specific concerns being disproved, all because it's a great fear-tactic sales pitch. I know, fighting words... for the record, I'm anti-brand loyalty for any major purchase. IDGAF, next week everyone can change how they build cars, and I would just buy the best one, German, Indian, Chinese, who cares.
Side note, I have a long-time friend working in automations at Mercedes, he thinks it's a success that less than whatever 25% of Mercedes over 10 years old remain on our roads. I don't think he understands that we don't have the same selection of budget models they do. Just such a wildly different culture when it comes to cars.

So while I know you're just trolling to waste time. The fact of the matter is, if you compare a reliable platform with low-cost maintenance to an expensive maintenance vehicle with long term reliability issues, then I happen to agree. Leasing an Audi is the only way I would actually pay for driving one, because buying one would be stupid. Being smarter than that, I would just buy a good car instead, put my money into a company that gives a shit about making a car that can be reliable after 20 years, or put on 500k miles without tens of thousands in maintenance.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
If you paid on average of $300/month in lease payments since 1989 that works out to $111,600 dumb fuck.
He paid more than that if it was 2 or more vehicles over 3 decades. I'm also gonna call bullshit though because in his dossier he only recently (last decade) started posting about leasing being superior to buying, because IL tax law changed for leases.

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
He paid more than that if it was 2 or more vehicles over 3 decades. I'm also gonna call bullshit though because in his dossier he only recently (last decade) started posting about leasing being superior to buying, because IL tax law changed for leases.

Yup, add in down payments... mileage overages for traveling the country selling billion dollar software and not to mention $300/month would be for a low class nancy boy beater car (hes probabaly closer to $600/month)... he's well over $200k.

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
If you paid on average of $300/month in lease payments since 1989 that works out to $111,600 dumb fuck.
Get some ointment for this guy...

He's fucking burned

Burque

Huevos Rancheros
Liked Posts:
My wife has a car payment. I can only tolerate one lol. I bet @Omeletpants got this great advice from his "Vanguarde" advisor
we have one car payment which is almost gone and we are going to add another car for my wife. So we may have two payments for 6-10 months or so. I am going to take advantage of the pricing that we are starting to see from the local dealerships.

They are all closed, but still doing business online so I have my eyes on a couple of specific vehicles that are pretty nice and already pretty reasonably priced. We will see how they feel about their pricing if the stay at home stuff gets extended.

Burque

Huevos Rancheros
Liked Posts:
No private flights for me since I left Wall Street about 15+ years ago, back then I did fly private jets and helicopters all the time but never once with my own cash.

When I travel with the family now I use credit card points or airline miles to sit us up front, but I am not in any position to rationalize spending $100k+ to fly, it seems obscene to me.

As for the Elgin pauper, I won’t give it the attention it craves.

Just buy an airplane and then use it when you want and lease it out to other people when you aren't using it. Let them pay you 100K+ to fly.

Burque

Huevos Rancheros
Liked Posts:
Audis/VWs are horribly expensive to maintain. Buy a car that is inexpensive to maintain, has a proven platform for reliability, and there is no way any lease can compare. These aren't 1980's Audis, or the few years they tried to prove to the Italians not to full out nationalize the Lamborghini brand by pushing out a few excellent drivetrains. I know engineers that work in Ingolstadt for Audi that try to design vehicle components to have a series of failures at certain mileage points, and that's all they do. Because they are scared that the vehicles will not be fit to operate on the autobahn. And this is a very familiar trend across all German cars for the last few decades, despite those specific concerns being disproved, all because it's a great fear-tactic sales pitch. I know, fighting words... for the record, I'm anti-brand loyalty for any major purchase. IDGAF, next week everyone can change how they build cars, and I would just buy the best one, German, Indian, Chinese, who cares.
Side note, I have a long-time friend working in automations at Mercedes, he thinks it's a success that less than whatever 25% of Mercedes over 10 years old remain on our roads. I don't think he understands that we don't have the same selection of budget models they do. Just such a wildly different culture when it comes to cars.

So while I know you're just trolling to waste time. The fact of the matter is, if you compare a reliable platform with low-cost maintenance to an expensive maintenance vehicle with long term reliability issues, then I happen to agree. Leasing an Audi is the only way I would actually pay for driving one, because buying one would be stupid. Being smarter than that, I would just buy a good car instead, put my money into a company that gives a shit about making a car that can be reliable after 20 years, or put on 500k miles without tens of thousands in maintenance.

Which is why you buy a Toyota, a Subaru, or a Honda.