dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Damn it, i knew i shouldn't of tried to beat you with a new thread about this signing.

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
Bears settled for Whitehair after the Packers took this guy right before the Bears pick. That’s what I remember hearing draft day.

Yes, Spriggs was the Bears target. The Packers traded right in front of them to take him, then the Bears traded out of the pick with Seattle and ended up with Whitehair and the pick that got them Deon Bush.

Pegger

President Stoopid
Liked Posts:
Depth with upside. Seems like a good move.

Burque

Huevos Rancheros
Liked Posts:
Is he any good? I don't know much about him other than he was on IR last year and obviously got released.

RiDLer80

First time, long time.
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Miami Hurricanes
  2. Northern Illinois Huskies
Low risk, low cost move. Once upon a time he was a 2nd rounder, which means he has physical tools to work with. No complaints about this signing from me.

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
Is he any good? I don't know much about him other than he was on IR last year and obviously got released.

PFF doesn't have him graded to poorly. No snaps in 2019, but has 9 career starts are an average grade from PFF. Lot of penalties in 2018 when he had the most snaps. He's definitely disappointed for the Packers. But he does have some upside and was one of the more athletic tackle prospects coming out in the 2016 draft.

Chicago4Life

Liked Posts:
i remember he was a workout warrior at the combine which raised his draft stock...play strength is weak but a year or two in the weight room should have fixed that...lets see what castillo can do with him

vabearsfan15

Liked Posts:
i remember he was a workout warrior at the combine which raised his draft stock...play strength is weak but a year or two in the weight room should have fixed that...lets see what castillo can do with him

Maybe we can convert to play TE

gallagher

Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Ohio Bobcats
PFF doesn't have him graded to poorly. No snaps in 2019, but has 9 career starts are an average grade from PFF. Lot of penalties in 2018 when he had the most snaps. He's definitely disappointed for the Packers. But he does have some upside and was one of the more athletic tackle prospects coming out in the 2016 draft.
So you're saying he never mastered the Packer's secret way of getting away with holding? Then why sign the guy?

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
So you're saying he never mastered the Packer's secret way of getting away with holding? Then why sign the guy?

Good point. I would say he's should have learned better from Baktiari and Bulaga, but he's clearly a smart guy considering he went to an elite academic institution.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
He went to the same high school as my wife. I remember he was very athletic, but a pretty obvious bust in GB.