Free agent RBs?

Jkudia

Liked Posts:
Thoughts on Hyde, McCoy, smallwood, Miller, etc? I think they’re in the market for someone.

Mdbearz

Liked Posts:
Thoughts on Hyde, McCoy, smallwood, Miller, etc? I think they’re in the market for someone.
It would not surprise me if they picked up a vet that gets cut, but the UDFA Artavis Pierce looks like good depth/prospect.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
McCoy is a good fit, imo. Would he come for cheap? Who knows.

I think Isaiah Crowell is worth a flyer, coming off an ACL but a solid power back when healthy.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange

I'd throw C.Thompson and Ty Montgomery on that list as well and even give D.Freeman a look if healthy. Also curious to see which ones get cut later this offseason. I know we need to bring in at least one more cause no telling if Artavis Pierce will be able to hack it in the NFL or not and we need to get someone in that can backup and rotate with Monty.

bullsrose

Liked Posts:
Id love to add spencer ware, dude is already familiar with the system. We will have less time for new guys to learn so familiarity will be important

dennehy

Liked Posts:
Id love to add spencer ware, dude is already familiar with the system. We will have less time for new guys to learn so familiarity will be important
Nagy coached McCoy for a few years as well iirc.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
McCoy is old & slow. Andy Reid had him benched for the SB. That should tell you enough.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
McCoy is old & slow. Andy Reid had him benched for the SB. That should tell you enough.
He averaged 4.6 per rush last year, and I think he had a nagging hammy for the second half of the year.

Obviously he's not a great choice but none of the FAs are.

twetz

Liked Posts:
Corey Clement had a moment or two with the Eagles. Injuries have kept him off the field, but he certainly won't break the bank and I would assume the transition would be easier coming from the Eagles system considering the possibility of restricted access due to COVID.

Bears Backer 54

Liked Posts:
This is where cutting Kerrith Whyte last year comes back to burn us. The Mike Davis and Nall as backups was just another poor talent evaluation when you had Whyte as your option. One year later, we are looking at scrap heaps again versus keeping the drafted talent we already had on the roster at one point.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
The guy i was really wanting until they through the 2nd round tender on him was Matt Breida and then they traded him during the draft to Miami for i think a 5th round pick, might of been a 6th but think a 5th. I really wanted him but he's the kind of RB we need. Smaller but still big enough to run up the middle, great in space, speed and good pass catcher. Hoping A.Pierce can be that but we won't know that until we see him actually play in NFL games so we need someone that we do know can do it just in case he can't.

Jack Lantern

Liked Posts:
This is where cutting Kerrith Whyte last year comes back to burn us. The Mike Davis and Nall as backups was just another poor talent evaluation when you had Whyte as your option. One year later, we are looking at scrap heaps again versus keeping the drafted talent we already had on the roster at one point.

Every team has those. Remember the great Sean Peyton and Bill Belichick both gave up on Akiem Hicks...

Milky

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
There’s a very real possibility that Whyte could be cut this year by the Ravens who have Ingram and drafted Taylor.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
He averaged 4.6 per rush last year, and I think he had a nagging hammy for the second half of the year.

Obviously he's not a great choice but none of the FAs are.

He was a healthy scratch from the SB roster. Thanks but no thanks
And yes, most of these guys are bums.

Mdbearz

Liked Posts:
There’s a very real possibility that Whyte could be cut this year by the Ravens who have Ingram and drafted Taylor.
?
Whyte is not with the Ravens and they drafted Dobbins?