We are not alone!

DC

Minister of Archaic Titillations
Donator
Liked Posts:
I agree with this.
Just curious as to why? I haven't studied it closely, because 1/2 the shit Trump says he's going to do never ends up happening. But, another branch of our over budgeted military? We have the 'Rona, and our own issues here at home, on planet Earth. Why the big investment in a "Space Force?" What is the reasoning behind it?

Dragon Slayer

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Just curious as to why? I haven't studied it closely, because 1/2 the shit Trump says he's going to do never ends up happening. But, another branch of our over budgeted military? We have the 'Rona, and our own issues here at home, on planet Earth. Why the big investment in a "Space Force?" What is the reasoning behind it?

Wish it had a less douchy name.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Russia and China already have a piece in it. War will be fought by space or, at least partly, at some point. They take over our satellites. We lose a lot of ability to communicate and defend. This isnt just for us but our allies. We leave it defenseless. Someone will use it one day against us.

Also, Space Force isnt really some brand new thing. It just branched out to have more focus on it. We have always tried to protect space.

And, I dont think we have an Iron Man in the making yet. So, fuck a Thanos.

Icculus

The Great and Knowledgeable
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Army Black Knights

Icculus

The Great and Knowledgeable
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Army Black Knights
Imagine how you feel when you show up at a Walmart full of humans.... fat, ugly, idiot, humans, dragging their snot-nosed brood around with them, trying to find enough Clorox to inject themselves with to protect against covid-19.

Now multiply that by a billion.

Can't say I blame them.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

Wish it had a less douchy name.

You can tell that name came from a conversational riff Trump had when he met an Air Force leader of some kind.

"You know we have Air Force, I always say, what about space? We should have a Space Force..."

turns to Mike Pence lurking behind him

"... Space Force, Mike, write it down."

Space Force is lazy, but he coulda got weird if he had happened upon Star Trek or a Warhammer 40k meme...

"Federation of Planets, Mike, write it down."

"Imperial Navy, Mike, write it down."

"Space Marines, Mike, look into this."

"God-Emperor, Mike, get me more meth."

fatbeard

Liked Posts:
You can tell that name came from a conversational riff Trump had when he met an Air Force leader of some kind.

"You know we have Air Force, I always say, what about space? We should have a Space Force..."

turns to Mike Pence lurking behind him

"... Space Force, Mike, write it down."

Space Force is lazy, but he coulda got weird if he had happened upon Star Trek or a Warhammer 40k meme...

"Federation of Planets, Mike, write it down."

"Imperial Navy, Mike, write it down."

"Space Marines, Mike, look into this."

"God-Emperor, Mike, get me more meth."

I have a friend who is a Space Marine.

Leomaz

Pissing people off the right way!
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
  2. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
There are approximately 100,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 stars in the Universe. And probably more planets than stars. Yet in all this immensity there is only one place we know of where life exists: Earth.

Despite searches for intelligent signals, no sign of intelligent extraterrestrial life has been found. In fact, there is a good argument that if such life-forms exist out there, not only should we see signs of them but they should already have come here.

“Where are they?” the physicist Enrico Fermi famously asked. Some astronomers think the answer is we are alone, that someone has to be the first.

But absence of evidence is not evidence of absence. It took three billion years for us to go from single cells to complex life, which suggests taking this step is hard.

Technological civilisations like ours may be rare and their lifetimes short; we may have missed any others by millions or billions of years. The other alternative is that the nearest one may simply be too far away for us to detect.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
There are approximately 100,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 stars in the Universe. And probably more planets than stars. Yet in all this immensity there is only one place we know of where life exists: Earth.

Despite searches for intelligent signals, no sign of intelligent extraterrestrial life has been found. In fact, there is a good argument that if such life-forms exist out there, not only should we see signs of them but they should already have come here.

“Where are they?” the physicist Enrico Fermi famously asked. Some astronomers think the answer is we are alone, that someone has to be the first.

But absence of evidence is not evidence of absence. It took three billion years for us to go from single cells to complex life, which suggests taking this step is hard.

Technological civilisations like ours may be rare and their lifetimes short; we may have missed any others by millions or billions of years. The other alternative is that the nearest one may simply be too far away for us to detect.
We found water under mars surface. My thoughts, where there is water. There is or was some form of life. And that’s close.

Dragon Slayer

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I hope we are able to find another planet with life on it before my life is over. That would be badass and also a bit terrifying depending on how advanced the life was.

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
Russia and China already have a piece in it. War will be fought by space or, at least partly, at some point. They take over our satellites. We lose a lot of ability to communicate and defend. This isnt just for us but our allies. We leave it defenseless. Someone will use it one day against us.

Also, Space Force isnt really some brand new thing. It just branched out to have more focus on it. We have always tried to protect space.

And, I dont think we have an Iron Man in the making yet. So, fuck a Thanos.

They are pretty far behind the USA. With Elon Musk launching 50+ satellites on the regular, the USA will have over 1000 in orbit while Chiner and Russiar have 280 and 147 respectively.

If they want to kick off star wars, they better get their asses in gear!

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
They are pretty far behind the USA. With Elon Musk launching 50+ satellites on the regular, the USA will have over 1000 in orbit while Chiner and Russiar have 280 and 147 respectively.

If they want to kick off star wars, they better get their asses in gear!
Wait till Thor leaves a giant stamp in your back yard. Just wait

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Why do all the aliens do the same thing?

They zoom over the planet. Check it out for a second, then go "fuck this shit", and take off.
Never read Calvin and Hobbes did you?
4050726305_e56e744cd2_o.jpg