QUESTION: New dislike Policy

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
So, as always, I want to make sure I follow the rules that our worldclass CCS moderators set forth.

Just making sure that I understand the new "dislike policy" correctly.

Posts that are over 12 months old are off limits. But, if you truly dislike a post within the last 364 days, it is fair game?

@zack54attack

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
So, as always, I want to make sure I follow the rules that our worldclass CCS moderators set forth.

Just making sure that I understand the new "dislike policy" correctly.

Posts that are over 12 months old are off limits. But, if you truly dislike a post within the last 364 days, it is fair game?

@zack54attack

It will be a case by case basis. It's simple. Just stop spam disliking people. Really not that hard lol.

If you don't agree with a post, use it. But stop going back through a user's post history to spam dislike them.

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
It will be a case by case basis. It's simple. Just stop spam disliking people. Really not that hard lol.

If you don't agree with a post, use it. But stop going back through a user's post history to spam dislike them.

I was thinking. You could also tell the people complaining about getting disliked that they could use the ignore feature instead of complaining to the mods. Then they wouldn't even know! All I am doing when I dislike is a post is using a site feature. Ignore is also a site feature and maybe those that are butthurt should be encouraged to use said site feature?

Having dumb, undefined and arbitrary rules is stupid. Just turn the dislike feature off forever or tell the whiners to stfu and use ignore.

Just my 2 cents... but its yoyr site, obviously.

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I was thinking. You could also tell the people complaining about getting disliked that they could use the ignore feature instead of complaining to the mods. Then they wouldn't even know! All I am doing when I dislike is a post is using a site feature. Ignore is also a site feature and maybe those that are butthurt should be encouraged to use said site feature?

It's not about disliking a single post. It's going back and disliking 50+ posts of a user from months ago all at once. That's the difference. lol

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins

Was this @Gunzaan ? He was always doing that.

airtime143

This place is dead and buried.
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I dont give a shit because I dont have a horse in the race- but is the issue the thumbs down or the notification that a user gets from thumbs down?

I could see where 1000 notifications would be a pain in the ass.

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I dont give a shit because I dont have a horse in the race- but is the issue the thumbs down or the notification that a user gets from thumbs down?

The mass spamming of the button to posts from weeks, months and years ago all at once.

gpphat

2020 CCS Fantasy Football Champ (ESPN League)
Donator
CCS Overall Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Virginia Commonwealth Rams

If that's the issue, then they should explore adjusting their setting to not notify when a reaction is given

Leomaz

Pissing people off the right way!
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
  2. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
I think mongo went over to sportshoppla and was disliking my banned account

KoreanBear

Liked Posts:
Just to be clear on this chunk thing. It's only for fatties yeah? I'm borderline so if I just lose a couple more pounds I shouldn't be bothered by it.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Just to be clear on this chunk thing. It's only for fatties yeah? I'm borderline so if I just lose a couple more pounds I shouldn't be bothered by it.
Well, depending on your context.

It means you are chunky.

But, if you say it to a white person. Its supposedly an ethic slur for a fat Asian because some guy declared it so on the Urban Dictionary even though no one has ever heard it to be so.

Post Corona bruh. Wild Times

Dragon Slayer

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:

Ok fair, but I think we can all agree that Brett05 really deserved those 3,000ish notifications