Is cheesecake a pie or a cake?

Is Cheesecake a pie or a cake?

• Total voters

Dragon Slayer

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Also, I have lived in the Midwest for 54 out of my 56 years and have never seen a person put cheese on an apple ple. Must be a regional thing
Seems like a complete wisconsin thing to do and everyone else in the midwest just thinks its weird.

I am going to try it tho lol.

Leomaz

Pissing people off the right way!
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
  2. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Seems like a complete wisconsin thing to do and everyone else in the midwest just thinks its weird.

I guess I’m gonna have to as well.

BearFanJohn

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I have lived in the Midwest for 54 years and know people who put cheddar cheese on apple pie. I once judged a county fair pie contest and one of the entrants put cheese on their pie. Dated a girl whose mom did it, too. I am not a fan, why fuck up a perfectly good piece of apple pie?

Burque

Huevos Rancheros
Liked Posts:
oh fuck, cream cheese? lol it'd probably help if i knew how to make one of these things. I'm not a baker
ROFL you started an entire thread about the non-binary definition of something without even being reasonably aware of the major ingredients in it.... Awesome.

I think we should define it as CHEESE. because why the hell not.

Dragon Slayer

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
ROFL you started an entire thread about the non-binary definition of something without even being reasonably aware of the major ingredients in it.... Awesome.

I think we should define it as CHEESE. because why the hell not.
yeah, ok but how fucking weird is it to call something a cake when it has cheese in it?!

Also, I asked my mom about the apple pie thing last night. Apparently my grandpa does it and won't eat apple pie without a slice of cheese. I had no idea

Burque

Huevos Rancheros
Liked Posts:
yeah, ok but how fucking weird is it to call something a cake when it has cheese in it?!

Also, I asked my mom about the apple pie thing last night. Apparently my grandpa does it and won't eat apple pie without a slice of cheese. I had no idea

That is why we call is cheese.... and not cake...

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

It is somewhat of a tradition in IL also. To add to the slice of cheese on the apple pie some have also added just having a piece of cheese along with pieces of a sliced apple.