Parking backwards in a one-way lot

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Does anyone know why people do this?

One-way parking lots make entry/exit easier.... makes parking easier....

Yet every time I pull into one, I see people whom park backwards into the one-way spots.

And I've seen people pull in, drive down the lane, and then spend 30-45 seconds trying to back into a spot.

Not just people who pull into a spot from the opposing lane and drive thru to the spot on the other side.

I can't fathom why people do this.

BearFanJohn

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Fuckers in pick-up trucks are the worst.

nvanprooyen

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
People who back into parking spots period...

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
People who back into parking spots period...

I mean at least in normal lots (my train parking lot) I can understand what they are going for.

They want to back into the spot, so when they get in their car it is faster/safer to get out.

Annoying, but I do understand what they want.

I do not understand any value in backing into a spot in a one-way lot.

Omeletpants

Save America
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Colorado Rockies
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  2. Orlando Magic
  3. Phoenix Suns
  4. Sacramento Kings
  1. Columbus Blue Jackets
Does anyone know why people do this?

One-way parking lots make entry/exit easier.... makes parking easier....

Yet every time I pull into one, I see people whom park backwards into the one-way spots.

And I've seen people pull in, drive down the lane, and then spend 30-45 seconds trying to back into a spot.

Not just people who pull into a spot from the opposing lane and drive thru to the spot on the other side.

I can't fathom why people do this.
Very thread worthy topic

Pretty soon I will start a thread about cutting my toenails

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
Waiting for someone to point out the edge cases. But yeah, it's stupid.

Blah, here's the edge cases that could be understandable, some are still stupid.

They have a rear engine car, or a Tesla, thus the storage is in the front. Their transmission is shot and driving in reverse requires the gearbox be warmed up. They have expired plates and are trying to hide the sticker. They are watching for someone walking out, and have pointed themselves to see the people walking out of the doors. Last but not least, they thought they saw an open spot, were wrong, and just backed into the spot they previously passed.

Omeletpants

Save America
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Colorado Rockies
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  2. Orlando Magic
  3. Phoenix Suns
  4. Sacramento Kings
  1. Columbus Blue Jackets
Waiting for someone to point out the edge cases. But yeah, it's stupid.

Blah, here's the edge cases that could be understandable, some are still stupid.

They have a rear engine car, or a Tesla, thus the storage is in the front. Their transmission is shot and driving in reverse requires the gearbox be warmed up. They have expired plates and are trying to hide the sticker. They are watching for someone walking out, and have pointed themselves to see the people walking out of the doors. Last but not least, they thought they saw an open spot, were wrong, and just backed into the spot they previously passed.
That's tin foil hat stuff

Omeletpants

Save America
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Colorado Rockies
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  2. Orlando Magic
  3. Phoenix Suns
  4. Sacramento Kings
  1. Columbus Blue Jackets
How does a man who cut his fingers off, cut his own toenails?
I stepped into a gopher hole while the trimmer was running and reflectively grabbed at the trimmer. Could happen to you or an athlete like me

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I stepped into a gopher hole while the trimmer was running and reflectively grabbed at the trimmer. Could happen to you or an athlete like me

Don't the little scarecrows you put in your yard scare away the gophers?

CC: @Grimson

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
I love parking backwards. Might be force of habit from valet parking as a kid. But doing it in a one way lot is fucking Special person.

BearFanJohn

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
When I had my (retail) business there was a parking area closest to the entrance. We installed a prominent sign in front of the space that said, “Please reserve this parking spot for pregnant women and new parents”. It was very popular with our pregnant and young parent customers. It was used frequently on a daily basis. The only time that I ever saw it was by used by someone that wasn’t pregnant or a new parents it was either one dipshit, very mediocre former employee (actually a woman) and dudes in pick-ups. I know this because I parked in the same area (as did anyone who would be taking deposits to the bank) and I saw it every fuckin day.

You pick up drivers may need your trucks but you have some assholes amongst you. Rant over.

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
And people who don't park in the space correctly, period.

Oh, so your wheel is ON the line, that's ok to you? Let me park my clunker the same way next to your drivers side. No, it's your side-mirror that determines the width of your car in the parking space, NOT your wheels. Mercedes are the worst, always parked crooked and in two spots, and not in the same sense where they believe they are protecting their car, no in the sense that they are just too stupid.

BearFanJohn

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Bankruptcy?

Is that necessary? I have no idea why you haven’t been banned.

No, I had a retail business. Someone approached me and I sold. I had a partnership in two others businesses and it made sense for me to get out. I was partially retired at 50.

At least my story is true. You apparently outed yourself as a liar. Now, go away you bring nothing of worth here.