Rate the last movie you watched

Granada

Liked Posts:
I watched Cheech and Chong's Still Smokin'. It was one of the worst movies I've ever seen.

I love Up in Smoke and Nice Dreams is okay, but I had never seen Still Smokin' until now, and it was shit.

Burque

Huevos Rancheros
Liked Posts:
Just watched best of enemies cause it was free on cable. It was a good, if predictable, based on a true story...

Viciousjay

Liked Posts:
Watching Shameless right now (on season 3)

Kind of excited to hear about the Snyder cut for the Justice League

KoreanBear

Liked Posts:
So I really liked the final destination series back when they came out and own part 3 on DVD. I threw it on last night and got about 30 min in when I decided to stop and watch part 1 on Netflix. With excitement I did, but it kinda sucked. Then watched part 2 remembering part 2 was really good. Well that kinda sucked too... my memory deceives me...

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Watching Rocky III.
Wow this is some horrible dialogue!

I remember they used the song Eye of The Tiger, but didn't know they said the phrase 40 times.

And Rocky's stunning comeback as the fight starts with Clubber Lang "Go for it" is just screen writing for the ages.

Good lord is this drivel. :D

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
I was digging deep into amazon prime yesterday to find something to watch. Old ass movie I haven’t seen in over 20 years was on there the beastmaster. What a fucking awesome ass movie lol

number51

Señor Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
I was digging deep into amazon prime yesterday to find something to watch. Old ass movie I haven’t seen in over 20 years was on there the beastmaster. What a fucking awesome ass movie lol

Well sure.

hqdefault.jpg

Burque

Huevos Rancheros
Liked Posts:
Watched Uncut Gems with Sandler. Was supposed to be some awesome movie. It was totally trash.

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I like the safdi brothers movies but had been holding off on uncut gems until it was free and the trailer was less than compelling. We watch anything though so will probably watch it anyway

Burque

Huevos Rancheros
Liked Posts:
I like the safdi brothers movies but had been holding off on uncut gems until it was free and the trailer was less than compelling. We watch anything though so will probably watch it anyway
It's on NetFlix now, that is why we watched it.

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Slowly learning during the pandemic not to prepay for movies on google play

Burque

Huevos Rancheros
Liked Posts:
Slowly learning during the pandemic not to prepay for movies on google play
The only movies I buy are ones that I have seen before and know are good. I hate paying for a movie to watch at home and having it suck.

Granada

Liked Posts:
Watched Midnight Cowboy with Dustin Hoffman and Jon Voight -- always heard of this movie but never saw it. Weird 60's movie. I'd say I didn't like it. I was expecting more from a supposed classic, but at the end, the moral was pretty unoriginal -- maybe it wasn't back then, but it is now.

number51

Señor Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Watched Midnight Cowboy with Dustin Hoffman and Jon Voight -- always heard of this movie but never saw it. Weird 60's movie. I'd say I didn't like it. I was expecting more from a supposed classic, but at the end, the moral was pretty unoriginal -- maybe it wasn't back then, but it is now.

That's how things go. Something comes out and it is unique, original, important, timely, thought provoking. 40 years later it may not be any of those things (in one mans opinion), but it can still be appreciated for what it represented when it was made.

Despite what you may think of the "moral" of the film today, that has no impact on the fact that it is still a quality film regardless of the calendar.

Penny Traitor

バカでも才能は一つ
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
I was digging deep into amazon prime yesterday to find something to watch.

I spent the bulk of May doing the same and am pretty impressed how deep that well goes. Here are a few movies I never heard of prior to hitting play, but very much enjoyed....

MV5BYzQyNmRmOGQtZmZkMC00NjkxLThiMjgtMDkyZGQxNDc4ZjVjXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNDc3MzAwNjI@._V1_.jpg

Very slow paced film that literally goes nowhere, but that's really the beauty of it.

MV5BMTM3NDA3MDE1M15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMzI3MTA2OQ@@._V1_UY1200_CR90,0,630,1200_AL_.jpg

A better Superhero story than Disney will ever buy.

MV5BZWYwOTgyYzQtYjdjZC00ZGE4LWExM2ItZTczZGEzMDY4OTU0XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTY2NTQ3ODc@._V1_.jpg

My favorite of the bunch. Don't bother with a trailer, just dive right in. You will love it...unless you hate it.