Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
Miami Marlins just had 13 players test positive for Covid and their games were cancelled. Florida is a hotspot and the NBA is set to start their season there as well

NBA has a more realisitic chance of pulling this off, IMO. The Bubble is better than what MLB is doing.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
I caught some talk radio this morning, said the Marlins voted on some protocols instead of being told what to do.

Does anyone know what those were? They said Mattingly wanted them to vote.

Yankees could have played, I dont see why they did not just go to the park in their uniforms and just stay out of the clubhouse. I mean, showers are not allowed, right? Take your dump in a toilet around the park, sit in the stands instead of the dugout. Plenty of things they could have done to stay out of that club house and dugout.

I mean, if the Marlins passed it along to the Philly team, they wont show symptoms for at least a week right?

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I caught some talk radio this morning, said the Marlins voted on some protocols instead of being told what to do.

Does anyone know what those were? They said Mattingly wanted them to vote.

Yankees could have played, I dont see why they did not just go to the park in their uniforms and just stay out of the clubhouse. I mean, showers are not allowed, right? Take your dump in a toilet around the park, sit in the stands instead of the dugout. Plenty of things they could have done to stay out of that club house and dugout.

I mean, if the Marlins passed it along to the Philly team, they wont show symptoms for at least a week right?

You talking about the meeting where they voted to play instead of not play, when they knew they had positive tests?

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
You talking about the meeting where they voted to play instead of not play, when they knew they had positive tests?

I dont know what it was, I just heard the end of the conversation saying someone needs to tell the players not to do, not have a vote.
Now Washington refuses to go to Miami, what happens? Forfeit the games, decide the playoffs on winning percentage based on a minimum number of games? Force the neutral site games?

This was why the spring training facilities, keep the players in the closed resorts, each division could have had a controlled place. But they needed interleague bullshit games and having teams travel to different cities.

Look at the new deal in Chicago,

Is this calling the Milwaukee Brewers essential workers? Cardinals should not be coming here either let alone a crew of 50 or 60.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
This is part of why the NHL went to Canada, one 14 day quarantine for the 30 whatever players you took with you. This was also why MLB could not just randomly start the season. I mean, otherwise, these quarantine rules are just seen as bullshit, just like having a curfew in place but allowing protestors and all the news reporters walking the streets after 9pm when they supposedly shut the city down.

That last ones did not blame the Marlins for taking it to Philly, it blamed the marlins from getting it in Philly when the only common knowledge we have is you have no symptoms for 2 weeks.

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
Marlins games postponed thru Sunday. Thats 7 games total or 12% of the season.

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Welp.

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
It was a fun week doe!

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
The earlier report was that two Cardinal coaches had tested positive, was it additional 2 players then?
Half the marlin team on Quarantine, I can see cancelling, but 2 out of 30?

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:

Like I wrote earlier, if Chicago has protocol in place that quarantine is required for non essential workers entering the state, and many other states have this, then how is it even possible. Why are they doing this in empty home parks. If those banners cost the amount of the seats they are covering, then it partially makes sense, but lockdown for two months sure seemed like the smarter idea.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Update:

The Marlins are cock suckers and shouldnt even be an org. Investigation showed they were at the hotel bar and then some went out. Basically, they said fuck the rules they agreed to and could cost the MLB season.