GM of the year tweet.

BearDown104

Bears Guru
Donator
Liked Posts:
Imagine passing on Cam Newton and Jameis Winston for $1M so you could give up a fourth-round pick for Nick Foles AND guarantee him $21M only to keep starting Mitchell Trubisky. GM of the Year, Ryan Pace.

This is after moving up in the draft to select Mitch over Watson and Mahomes.

#winning

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
This was the year to go get a QB outside of the draft. And we gave up a 4th and $21m for Foles.

I wouldn't touch Winston, especially with Nagy as the HC. Cam Newton is better than both Trubisky and Foles. To be fair, he had been injured and not playing that well. But there were other options. I just don't think Foles was the best option. But hey, this is the Chicago Bears. What a Chicago Bears way to "fix" our offensive woes. :ROFLMAO:

SlickWilly

Team Ignore Member #2
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Detroit Pistons
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
This was the year to go get a QB outside of the draft. And we gave up a 4th and $21m for Foles.

I wouldn't touch Winston, especially with Nagy as the HC. Cam Newton is better than both Trubisky and Foles. To be fair, he had been injured and not playing that well. But there were other options. I just don't think Foles was the best option. But hey, this is the Chicago Bears. What a Chicago Bears way to "fix" our offensive woes. :ROFLMAO:

The last 3 full seasons he played, 16, 17 and 18, say otherwise.

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
Bears needed a capable backup. They think they found one in Foles. Paid heavily but found one. Show me Foles history and I'll show you a backup.

Outlaw Josey Cutler

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Penn State Nittany Lions
Imagine passing on Cam Newton and Jameis Winston for $1M so you could give up a fourth-round pick for Nick Foles AND guarantee him $21M only to keep starting Mitchell Trubisky. GM of the Year, Ryan Pace.

#winning

I wanted Winston so bad I could taste it.

Chuck it ball would work great with our defense.

BearDown104

Bears Guru
Donator
Liked Posts:
At least he’d turn the ball over deeper in their territory than Mitch does ??‍♂️

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
If Mitch doesn’t show serious improvement than Pace traded a 4th round pick and gave 22.5 million for a backup QB who is worse than the bust he was suppose to replace.

EDPeezy

Liked Posts:
I find it funny when people try and conjure up negative narratives. Trying to make it sound absurd that they spent a 4th and 22 million for a guy who may be starting in two weeks. It’s 2020. Backups make decent money. Foles is arguably the best backup and a borderline starter. They needed a good backup for Trubisky and a potential replacement in case he sucks. Should they just not invest at all in QB? Sounds like a great plan.

Complete guess, but I’d assume the Bears have less resources put into the QB position than most teams in the league. OMG though, the worlds coming to an end. They used a 4th rounder and spent like 7 million dollars a year on Nick Foles.

Wasn‘t Daniel making around that anyway?

EDPeezy

Liked Posts:
There is also this thing going on where a bunch of people who don’t have the ability to think deeply went all in on Foles being the guy. Like half the peolle here over the last 4 months have been speaking as if it was just settled and Foles would be the guy. They were even doing that thing where because he hadn’t played for the Bears yet and he was this outside commodity coming in people were acting like he was the second coming. HE LED THE EAGLES TO THE SUPERBOWL!!!! When it was obvious Trubisky would always be given the fist chance. Just based off what they've invested in him and all that. People weren’t having it though. Foles is the guy. And because they adopted Foles as their savior that means in their mind they had to be all out on Mitch.

Now that they‘ve (at least initially) given the job to Trubisky. These people don’t know what to think. They spent the last 4-6 months trashing Trubisky and convincing themselves that Foles was Joe Montana or something. And now that they’re wrong they‘re confused and just ridiculing whoever. Their new thing is to now trash Foles. And create this narrative that he “couldn’t even beat out Trubisky.”

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
I feel so bad for some of you.

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:

#winning

You should get your own material. This is word for word someone else’s tweet.

Bearin' Down

Liked Posts:
The last 3 full seasons he played, 16, 17 and 18, say otherwise.
In 2018 the Panthers started 6-2. He injured his shoulder. The proceeded to lose all the rest of their games because he couldn't complete a pass, until they were totally eliminated from contention. He then missed the last two games.

He also got injured in 2016.

So, of the seasons you have him listed as playing "full" seasons, you are correct on one: 2017.

Having said that, I do like cam a lot and think he'd have been a great addition if you are totally giving up on Mitch

JesusHalasChrist

N.eg it from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.
Donator
Liked Posts:
If Mitch doesn’t show serious improvement than Pace traded a 4th round pick and gave 22.5 million for a backup QB who is worse than the bust he was suppose to replace.

I think I'll wait to see how Foles plays after Mitch is benched before I start complaining about wasting resources on him.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I think I'll wait to see how Foles plays after Mitch is benched before I start complaining about wasting resources on him.

He just lost a QB competition to Mitch Trubisky.

msadows

Liked Posts:

#winning

You misspelled whining.

msadows

Liked Posts:
He just lost a QB competition to Mitch Trubisky.

So would have any qb in FA that we were interested in.

We literally didnt get teddy because he knew mitch would still get the first shot.