Just me, or was the officiating particularly horrible today?

nvanprooyen

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Super happy that the Bears came away with a W, but ffs, the officiating seemed particularly horrible today. Between non-calls, roughing the passer, TDs called back and penalties generally overall this game was a lot closer than it should have been IMO.

I don't like griping about this sort of thing, because it generally balances out and goes both ways, but today was pretty bad IMHO.

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Liked Posts:
I don't like griping about this sort of thing, because it generally balances out and goes both ways, but today was pretty bad IMHO.

I would point out the helmet to helmet call on ATL close to the end of the game as "kinda a balancing it out call."

Alpha Male

Liked Posts:
I would point out the helmet to helmet call on ATL close to the end of the game as "kinda a balancing it out call."
What helmet to helmet? I don't remember one. if you are talking about the defenseless receiver I think that was a good call.

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
Super happy that the Bears came away with a W, but ffs, the officiating seemed particularly horrible today. Between non-calls, roughing the passer, TDs called back and penalties generally overall this game was a lot closer than it should have been IMO.

They sucked.
And don't forget our 3rd and 3 incomplete and they called a Special person phantom hold to give us 3rd and 8 and a TD! They ought to be able to decline that penalty. That was the game right there for us IMO.
The refs missed a ton. But they were consistently bad at least.

Mongo

Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Booger was awful as always...

TL1961

Liked Posts:

I was going to say “The two TDs called back may have been the only calls they got right”, but actually the replay official got them right after the crew on the field got them wrong.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Call reversed on Robinson TD was a joke. What’s the point of replay, if the replay official can’t get it right? Bears DL was getting held with regularity.
There is absolutely no way you can objectively believe that was a catch by Robinson. No way. Under what definition of catch. He touched the ball. He did not catch it.

zabavka

The owls are not what they seem...
Liked Posts:
Call reversed on Robinson TD was a joke. What’s the point of replay, if the replay official can’t get it right? Bears DL was getting held with regularity.

Should have been a TD.

Robinson caught it, made a football move and hit the ground. Play is over at that point