Do the Bears let Pace draft another QB?

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
Fuck no! Not unless BDN (Big Dick Nagy) is all in!

baredown

Liked Posts:
"Do the Bears let Pace draft another QB?" Umhhh, apparently a lot of posters on this thread don't grasp who "the Bears" is in this situation. "The Bears" would be George McCaskey & Ted Phillips. I'm pretty sure that most people here don't want either of them to have any direct input into the football side of operations. They brought in Pace to run that side. He's being given free rein to do so, at least until he fails and gets replaced. "The Bears" are not at that point yet. If Pace wants to take a QB high in the draft next year, he'll get to do it. If he decides not to draft one at all next year, he'll get to do that, too...

Last edited:

coolio

Liked Posts:
I agree. what about the potential possibility of the Giants tanking for Trevor and moving off of Daniel Jones? Do you take a trade?

I think Daniel Jones could really blossom with a coach like Nagy. Not sure what I would give up though. Probably a 3rd which won't be enough.

I see Sam Darnold getting traded before Daniel Jones. Don’t see the giants trading Jones unless he has an awful year

wazzupi

Liked Posts:
I am positive.

Not about Ryan Pace, because nothing you said is actually true.

He is mediocre GM. He has been mediocre in free agency and often over paid, he is mediocre in the draft. It is why the Bears are mediocre.
You just hate the white and trubisky pick get over it.... We already posted a video early in the year about paces pickups and success as a gm and being one of the best in the nfl.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
I am positive.

Not about Ryan Pace, because nothing you said is actually true.

He is mediocre GM. He has been mediocre in free agency and often over paid, he is mediocre in the draft. It is why the Bears are mediocre.

Weird how mediocre can keep a job. Hmmmmmm

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
I do not expect him to be fired.

Your record argument is true. But being a fringe playoff team year after year isn't really good enough is it? Are we ever going to have the talent to compete with the top teams?

But he's mediocre. So he's mediocre and you don't expect his bosses who know a hell of a lot more about the ins and outs of the NFL then you or me or anyone else on here to fire him? Well that's odd and did you say you're positive in that last post i replied to? Hahahahaha. You used to be one of the most positive people on here but you made that switch years ago.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
That is a deal breaker in the NFL.

He is not the worst GM in the NFL. He is a mediocre GM who cannot fix the QB spot, that doesn't scream "keep this guy around".

Yeah he's had his one chance to fix it so time to move on from the best GM we've had in a long long time. Fucking clown show around here.

I Just Want To Read

Liked Posts:
Pace has been meh.

But I've never understood why drafting a bust at QB in the top 5 should get you any more fired than drafting a non-QB bust in the top 5.

If anything, front offices should be encouraged to take more swings at landing a QB.

DB012031

Liked Posts:
There will still be talent in the 1st. He can sit behind Foles for 1 yr and learn.

Jackson
Rodgers
Brady
Brees
Watson
Prescott
Carr
Cousins
Fitzpatrick
Bridgewater
Roethlisberger
Haskins
Lock
Foles

All current starting QBs who weren’t drafted in the top 10 of the 1st round.

Well....
- Cousins is terrible with one of the worst contracts in football
- Fitzpatrick is a journeyman at best and has never won anything of relevance
- Haskins was damn near cut after 1 year in the NFL and hasn't shown much of anything so far
- Lock (who I liked as a late round steal) is hurt and not even playing
- Bridgewater is also a journeyman at best and cannot throw deep to save his life (sound familiar)

1/3 of your list doesn't inspire any confidence of a late round steal...

DB012031

Liked Posts:
bruh...signed Hicks off the scrap heap, may have found himself a QB in Foles, Graham is paying dividends. Look at the full picture.

Eddie Goldman, 2nd round
Cody Whitehair, 2nd round
James Daniel's, 2nd round
Anthony Miller, 2nd round
Jaylon Johnson, 2nd round
Adrian Amos, 5th round
Nick Kwiatkowski, 4th round
Deon Bush, 4th round
Jordan Howard, 5th round
Eddie Jackson, 4th round
Tarek Cohen, 4th round
Bilai Nichols, 5th round
Javon Wims, 7th round
Darnell Mooney, 5th round
etc
etc

Just because they are starter's for the Bears doesn't mean they are elite players. That's the point of 1st round picks, getting what are supposed to be elite players.

- Anthony Miller - half this board wanted him cut last year and this year, not sold this guy is a legit #2 year.
- James Daniels - shit he was in danger of not even starting this year, I wouldn't necessarily call this a home run
- Amos, Kwit, Howard aren't even with the team anymore. So what's the point
- Wims? are you serious...Does he even play?
- Mooney - How about we give him a few seasons before we crown him our next star.

That list is mediocre at best. Goldman was a legit hit...Whitehair is a solid Olinemen, would start on many teams...Jaylon shows a ton of promise but its only 3 games. That list sure as hell doesn't light the world on fire.

Midwaymonster75

Liked Posts:
If the Bears make the playoffs, I think it would be unlikely Pace gets fired. Given where the Bears are likely to pick, they probably will not be picking a legitimate franchise type QB in the draft next year anyway.
There are a few guys that have talent that could slip in the 1rst and even into the 2nd and 3rd rounds. Teams have found great starting QBs outside the top 10-15 of the draft.

Midwaymonster75

Liked Posts:
Well....
- Cousins is terrible with one of the worst contracts in football
- Fitzpatrick is a journeyman at best and has never won anything of relevance
- Haskins was damn near cut after 1 year in the NFL and hasn't shown much of anything so far
- Lock (who I liked as a late round steal) is hurt and not even playing
- Bridgewater is also a journeyman at best and cannot throw deep to save his life (sound familiar)

1/3 of your list doesn't inspire any confidence of a late round steal...
Yes but 2/3 of the list does.

DB012031

Liked Posts:
You look at the body of work as a whole, plain and simple. Pace is an aggressive dude who makes sure he gets his guy. You just wish his guy in the first round would have panned out better. I'll take an aggressive GM over a passive one, especially if he keeps grabbing high quality starters beyond the 3rd round like he has.

Yea and many time his guy has been a total bust at the most important position in football. Small mistakes are allowed to happen. Repeated colossal failures at the most important position in football. That's a fire-able offense.

Visionman

Liked Posts:
Just because they are starter's for the Bears doesn't mean they are elite players. That's the point of 1st round picks, getting what are supposed to be elite players.

- Anthony Miller - half this board wanted him cut last year and this year, not sold this guy is a legit #2 year.
- James Daniels - shit he was in danger of not even starting this year, I wouldn't necessarily call this a home run
- Amos, Kwit, Howard aren't even with the team anymore. So what's the point
- Wims? are you serious...Does he even play?
- Mooney - How about we give him a few seasons before we crown him our next star.

That list is mediocre at best. Goldman was a legit hit...Whitehair is a solid Olinemen, would start on many teams...Jaylon shows a ton of promise but its only 3 games. That list sure as hell doesn't light the world on fire.
Does Wims play? Only about 40% of the snaps. Lol.

the question is: do you WATCH?

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
If foles continues to play well this year I think you can wait until the following year to draft a QB.

Invest that first rounder in a left tackle.

If one is available that looks promising, you draft him.

DB012031

Liked Posts:
Yes but 2/3 of the list does.

Yes, because you cherry picked 5 HOF QB's over the last 20 years....Since Brady's draft (you included him) there have been 244 QB's taken....That is a 2% hit rate, so as I stated, your listed doesn't inspire a lot of confidence.

Not to mention, Prescott hasn't won a damn thing with one of the most talented teams in football the past couple of years. Carr has one of the worst contracts in football and everyone on this board was pretty dead set about trading for him last year.

Foles caught lightning in a bottle that SB year. We hope he can do it again but history isn't on his side.

DB012031

Liked Posts:
Does Wims play? Only about 40% of the snaps. Lol.

the question is: do you WATCH?

So sorry your right, its hard to remember his 25 catches over his 23 game career. Yep, that 1 catch per game average just screams successful draft pick..So sorry, i didn't realize the bar was so low

Visionman

Liked Posts:
So sorry your right, its hard to remember his 25 catches over his 23 game career. Yep, that 1 catch per game average just screams successful draft pick..So sorry, i didn't realize the bar was so low
It’s much lower for your post quality...

Midwaymonster75

Liked Posts:
Yes, because you cherry picked 5 HOF QB's over the last 20 years....Since Brady's draft (you included him) there have been 244 QB's taken....That is a 2% hit rate, so as I stated, your listed doesn't inspire a lot of confidence.
You do realize most qbs no matter where theyre drafted dont work out? The fact is there are times it has worked out. We shall see what happens with Foles. Hes done it before maybe lightning will strike twice.