Trade offer...

Burque

Huevos Rancheros
Liked Posts:
I traded Kelce/Chark for CMC/H.Henry.

I didn't need Chark and his targets have been shit plus he is injured. This could all very well backfire on me, but I needed an RB real bad. If I can squeak out one win of the next few weeks until CMC gets back I should be sitting solid.
hang in there through the shit storm

gpphat

2020 CCS Fantasy Football Champ (ESPN League)
Donator
CCS Overall Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Virginia Commonwealth Rams
Alright need a think tank right now. In my main league I am 0-3, been dealing with injuries and bad luck in playing a top 3 scoring team the first 2 weeks. Here is my roster:

QB - Lamar Jackson
RB - Joe Mixon, Mostert, Akers, Gore, Hyde, (Leveon Bell and Damien Harris on IR)
WR - Julio Jones, Stefon Diggs, Diontae Johnson, AJ Brown, Darius Slayton, Curtis Samuel, Laviska Shenault, KJ Hamler, Randall Cobb
TE - Jimmy Graham

This is a keeper league where you keep the player in the round you draft them. And we allow draft pick trading.

I was just offered a 2nd round pick for Stefon Diggs. I drafted Diggs in the 6th. I am trying to decide if I should take the offer.

Diggs has been great, but I may be able to still turn things around with my current roster if Jackson can get back to last years form and pick up a 2nd round pick next year.

Thoughts?

CC: @Novak @Burque @HawkBear @ijustposthere @knoxville7 @Stephen_Roto @dabears70

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
Alright need a think tank right now. In my main league I am 0-3, been dealing with injuries and bad luck in playing a top 3 scoring team the first 2 weeks. Here is my roster:

QB - Lamar Jackson
RB - Joe Mixon, Mostert, Akers, Gore, Hyde, (Leveon Bell and Damien Harris on IR)
WR - Julio Jones, Stefon Diggs, Diontae Johnson, AJ Brown, Darius Slayton, Curtis Samuel, Laviska Shenault, KJ Hamler, Randall Cobb
TE - Jimmy Graham

This is a keeper league where you keep the player in the round you draft them. And we allow draft pick trading.

I was just offered a 2nd round pick for Stefon Diggs. I drafted Diggs in the 6th. I am trying to decide if I should take the offer.

Diggs has been great, but I may be able to still turn things around with my current roster if Jackson can get back to last years form and pick up a 2nd round pick next year.

Thoughts?

CC: @Novak @Burque @HawkBear @ijustposthere @knoxville7 @Stephen_Roto @dabears70

I'd do it with that WR depth, despite battling through injuries at the moment. Selling Diggs at maximum value.

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:

QB - Lamar Jackson
TE - Jimmy Graham

Thoughts?

Seems reasonable, but feel you're throwing in the towel on the season if you make the trade. But honestly, looking at your roster, this team isn't winning you a ship.

LOL at tagging @dabears70

source.gif

gpphat

Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Seems reasonable, but feel you're throwing in the towel on the season if you make the trade. But honestly, looking at your roster, this team isn't winning you a ship.

source.gif

This is what I am trying to work through, the way this season is going and the injuries my team has is Diggs going to make that much of a difference. And on the flip side...if Julio, Mostert, Johnson, and Brown play this week (and beyond) will I be able to compete to make playoffs with them along with Bell coming back next week?

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers

source.gif

These are the teams that end up winning. Just got to squeak out a few victories. I've started 2-6 and won the ship.

gpphat

Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
These are the teams that end up winning. Just got to squeak out a few victories. I've started 2-6 and won the ship.

In this same league I started 1-4 one year and ended up only losing 1 game the rest of the season. And this is such a crazy year, it would surprise me if Diggs were to get Covid and miss multiple games

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
In this same league I started 1-4 one year and ended up only losing 1 game the rest of the season. And this is such a crazy year, it would surprise me if Diggs were to get Covid and miss multiple games

I did the same thing last year. Started 2-5, won the rest. Of course, as has become the norm in this league, I scored the second most points in the first round of the playoffs and lost. It's fucking brutal and it's happened to me something like 5 years in a row.

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers

QB - Lamar Jackson
TE - Jimmy Graham

Thoughts?

so, is the draft next year simply picking from rookies and players not currently on rosters(keepers) then? Making sure to gauge the value of a 2nd round pick. Never done a keeper league.

gpphat

Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
so, is the draft next year simply picking from rookies and players not currently on rosters(keepers) then? Making sure to gauge the value of a 2nd round pick. Never done a keeper league.

Redraft next year so every player other than the 1 keeper on each team is available to draft

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Redraft next year so every player other than the 1 keeper on each team is available to draft

oh okay, just one player kept. Then yeah, a 2nd round pick is extremely valuable. Certainly increases your odds of winning next year. losing diggs hurts this year, but at 0-3 it’s time to gamble a lil anyways

gpphat

Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
oh okay, just one player kept. Then yeah, a 2nd round pick is extremely valuable. Certainly increases your odds of winning next year. losing diggs hurts this year, but at 0-3 it’s time to gamble a lil anyways

It's a gamble on the other WR's if Brown is back this week or next and starts playing like he did last year and/or Diontae Johnson keeps getting the 10ish targets he was getting in the first 2 games then I may be able to weather this and end up turning things around. If I don't I was able to cash in at Diggs' peak value, because if I lose this week or Diggs has a down game I may not get a 2nd for him anymore.

Essentially that 2nd round pick would be my insurance policy to set my team up for next year

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
It's a gamble on the other WR's if Brown is back this week or next and starts playing like he did last year and/or Diontae Johnson keeps getting the 10ish targets he was getting in the first 2 games then I may be able to weather this and end up turning things around. If I don't I was able to cash in at Diggs' peak value, because if I lose this week or Diggs has a down game I may not get a 2nd for him anymore.

Essentially that 2nd round pick would be my insurance policy to set my team up for next year

yeah, I’d say you gotta take the deal. Diggs is certainly better than the other two guys, but if those two can get healthy you can at least play matchups every week with them to try and get close to diggs output. The health is the big if. next year, your team will be stacked doe!

Burque

Huevos Rancheros
Liked Posts:

QB - Lamar Jackson
TE - Jimmy Graham

Thoughts?

If you are not afraid of going in the tank I would go for it.

No offense, but that team looks like it is going to eat dirt with or without Diggs. You got hit by the injury bug BAD.

gpphat

Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Ended up doing it, crazy things happen in fantasy in a normal year...so all bets are off this year. Here's to hoping shit turns around for me even without Diggs

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
Ended up doing it, crazy things happen in fantasy in a normal year...so all bets are off this year. Here's to hoping shit turns around for me even without Diggs

Might pay off with the PPD of the Titans. Could end up getting a game with Brown you would've lost. Honestly, I'd probably start offering trades out the ass. That's what I did last year and it paid off. That and I worked the wire.

Someone in my league offered me Evans for Lockett LMAO.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
Dude in my league lost every RB to IR. Seriously. Every. Single. One. Thinking about offering him Hunt/Godwin/Kelley for McCaffrey and Robby Anderson. Thoughts? I have Elliott/Taylor at RB and just traded for Chubb. I have Dobbins and Akers, but they're just long term stashes at this point.

@Burque @HawkBear @gpphat @knoxville7

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Dude in my league lost every RB to IR. Seriously. Every. Single. One. Thinking about offering him Hunt/Godwin/Kelley for McCaffrey and Robby Anderson. Thoughts? I have Elliott/Taylor at RB and just traded for Chubb. I have Dobbins and Akers, but they're just long term stashes at this point.

@Burque @HawkBear @gpphat @knoxville7
I feel you're giving up a lot, but it is CMC. Is your idea to sell high on Hunt and offload Godwin cuz injuries?

Also, am I understanding this correctly that you had Hunt on your roster, but traded for CHubb? lol

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
I feel you're giving up a lot, but it is CMC. Is your idea to sell high on Hunt and offload Godwin cuz injuries?

Also, am I understanding this correctly that you had Hunt on your roster, but traded for CHubb? lol
I traded Damien Harris for Chubb yesterday. I didn't really want godwin and figure he'd seal the deal. I was looking at having zeke, Taylor, Chubb, and cmc in my line-up down the stretch.

With hunt, I think he's the one that gets the deal done.

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I traded Damien Harris for Chubb yesterday. I didn't really want godwin and figure he'd seal the deal. I was looking at having zeke, Taylor, Chubb, and cmc in my line-up down the stretch.

With hunt, I think he's the one that gets the deal done.
In what league can you play 4 RBs? 2RB and 2 Flex?

Either way - I do like how your team looks with zeke/taylor/chubb and CMC. CMC should be back soon. I will be honest though - I do not know anything about Chubbs injury or when he will be back. I don't have him in any leagues.

I'm assuming your WRs are stacked since you're willing to part with Godwin?