Trade offer...

gpphat

2020 CCS Fantasy Football Champ (ESPN League)
Donator
CCS Overall Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Virginia Commonwealth Rams
So Thielen/Minshew for Jackson is what you're thinking? Seems reasonable.

Would Minshew be your starter? I don't know if I love that BUT I've been successful of basically streaming QBs all year. Pretty much just pick up whoever is playing ATL has been working lol. Sorry if you've discussed this, I get lost in all the trade talk.

Doing waivers this morning for 3 leagues with injuries, byes, COVID made my head hurt lol

No Minshew, in my eyes he is a streamer. So didn't care if he was part of the deal. Making a claim on Fitzmagic for this week and then gonna plan to grab Carr before games start on sunday to have him for Week 7 and beyond.

I told my brother this last week...this has been the most stressful fantasy season I have ever had between lineup adjustments and working the waiver wire.

gpphat

Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
I think you might be selling a little low on Jackson as his numbers haven't been that great the last few weeks, but Thielen is certainly a starter if that is a position of need and your QB situation is still good without Jackson I would do it.

I rarely carry backup QB's so I would be streaming. My RB's are middle of the pack with upside. Mixon has turned things around some and Mostert is healthy. If Bell gets traded to a competent team he could end up being a steal (picked him up off waivers). the rest have potential. My problem is my WR's aren't staying healthy, Julio has been hurt, Diontae Johnson hurt, AJ Brown hurt...so Thielen could bring some stability to that position for me and God willing Julio can stay on the field that could end up as my position of strength

Burque

Huevos Rancheros
Liked Posts:
I rarely carry backup QB's so I would be streaming. My RB's are middle of the pack with upside. Mixon has turned things around some and Mostert is healthy. If Bell gets traded to a competent team he could end up being a steal (picked him up off waivers). the rest have potential. My problem is my WR's aren't staying healthy, Julio has been hurt, Diontae Johnson hurt, AJ Brown hurt...so Thielen could bring some stability to that position for me and God willing Julio can stay on the field that could end up as my position of strength

I am not into streaming much other than Defenses, I am sure it is possible, but I would struggle to have to plug in a top point scorer every week from the trash heap that is the leftover QB's. I do not know how your league is, but everyone is holding two except for me in my league.

gpphat

Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
I am not into streaming much other than Defenses, I am sure it is possible, but I would struggle to have to plug in a top point scorer every week from the trash heap that is the leftover QB's. I do not know how your league is, but everyone is holding two except for me in my league.

I have had success streaming QB's and I have also been burned doing it. This is probably not the best year to do it because more people in that league are rostering 2 QB's but Fitz and Carr have come on strong these past few weeks and may have season long value. If they can continue to average over 20 points per game they will be out doin what Jackson has been doing for me.

I know the chances are higher that he will turn things around and put up points more like he did last year, but if I can upgrade my WR and take a slight dip in points (in comparison to Jackson potential) I think my team can benefit

Novak

Mod in Training/Fire Forum
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I have had success streaming QB's and I have also been burned doing it. This is probably not the best year to do it because more people in that league are rostering 2 QB's but Fitz and Carr have come on strong these past few weeks and may have season long value. If they can continue to average over 20 points per game they will be out doin what Jackson has been doing for me.

I know the chances are higher that he will turn things around and put up points more like he did last year, but if I can upgrade my WR and take a slight dip in points (in comparison to Jackson potential) I think my team can benefit
Add minshew into that trade, 100%

Novak

Mod in Training/Fire Forum
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
All in. Thielen is wr 1 or 2 so far I think.
He doesn't get the points for current standings.

If you think thielen is finishing 1 or 2, you're nuts.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
He doesn't get the points for current standings.

If you think thielen is finishing 1 or 2, you're nuts.

I don't think he'll finish 1 or 2 , but it's him and Jefferson in Min. He's going to get plenty of targets. Top 12 going forward is very much in the realm of possibility.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
I think he was saying that Thielen is a borderline #1 or more likely #2 WR, not that he would finish as the #1 or #2 receiver.

Yeah, I was just pointing out that currently he is top 2 atm. And I don't think he'll have such a drop off that it wouldn't be worth it.

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
C54EEA16-1B1D-4D51-858A-4569880AEEDA.jpeg

BNB

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  2. Oakland Raiders
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Thinking about offering Lamar and TY for Keenan Allen and Big Ben in my non-CCS league.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
I doubt anyone smart would take that.

Yeah, Lamar has looked like trash passing the ball. That said, now's the time to sell, and name value alone sometimes works real well.

Burque

Huevos Rancheros
Liked Posts:
Yeah, Lamar has looked like trash passing the ball. That said, now's the time to sell, and name value alone sometimes works real well.
I actually just Acquired Lamar in a trade. I would be really cautious about selling on him at this point.

He has weapons and he scores a lot of points with his feet. I would be wary of selling after a two game slump.

TY on the other hand is garbage this year I literally just dropped him, so if you can gain some value in Keenan and know that Ben is going to Ben that trade looks really good for you.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
I actually just Acquired Lamar in a trade. I would be really cautious about selling on him at this point.

He has weapons and he scores a lot of points with his feet. I would be wary of selling after a two game slump.

TY on the other hand is garbage this year I literally just dropped him, so if you can gain some value in Keenan and know that Ben is going to Ben that trade looks really good for you.

If you can get Lamar for cheaper than his cost, I'm in. He just wasn't worth anywhere near where he went during draft season. Honestly, Mahomes is the only QB I'll spend up for in fantasy, and even then, it's third round at the earliest.

Burque

Huevos Rancheros
Liked Posts:
If you can get Lamar for cheaper than his cost, I'm in. He just wasn't worth anywhere near where he went during draft season. Honestly, Mahomes is the only QB I'll spend up for in fantasy, and even then, it's third round at the earliest.

I totally agree.

On a different note, I will say that getting Travis Kelce (next year) is looking like a worthwhile late 2nd at this point. Fucking tight ends. I refused to buy into the tight end thing early this year (and got Ertz in the 5th) only to be fuckering around with them every week.

I might just Drop Ertz off for the year. He was a wasted pick for me at this point. Every time that I play him I get punished for it and now he is gonzo for awhile.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
I totally agree.

On a different note, I will say that getting Travis Kelce (next year) is looking like a worthwhile late 2nd at this point. Fucking tight ends. I refused to buy into the tight end thing early this year (and got Ertz in the 5th) only to be fuckering around with them every week.

I might just Drop Ertz off for the year. He was a wasted pick for me at this point. Every time that I play him I get punished for it and now he is gonzo for awhile.

If you can't get Kittle/Kelce early, you're better off just waiting and hoping you nail a late round one like Jonnu, or nab the one off FA after the first week or two. The mid round TEs hardly ever pan out. My plan this year was for one of those TEs, but my home league goes apeshit over TEs and QBs, which is why I generally end up with a fairly stacked roster.

Starion

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
^ I've been bitten by Hunter Henry, who was great in the past and started off well this year, but tapered off, despite often leading in targets still.

Waller has been worth his salt on a regular basis.

I agree that Kelce/Kittle in mid/late 2nd is very much worth it. Much easier to snag a starting WR in later rounds and off waivers as rookies rise to the top. RB, TE, RB is a pretty good draft strategy I've found.