Start/Sit Questions Thread

Burque

Huevos Rancheros
Liked Posts:
Also throwing this out there:

Would you bench Josh Allen against the Pats for Joe Burrow against the Titans???

The team I am playing this week is starting Tua and I thought it would be fun it pit Burrow against him, but of course I still want the W.

I think either play is a winning play.

Allen has had a couple of Meh weeks so he might be ready for a big bounce back and the Pats look vulnerable. However Joe has been doing a fine job lighting up the scoreboard every week.

It is 50/50 for me with a slight lean towards sticking with Allen.

Penny Traitor

バカでも才能は一つ
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
It is 50/50 for me with a slight lean towards sticking with Allen.

That is where I am at too. I have Robby Anderson & Mike Davis going tonight. If they put up a ton of points, I may be inclined to make the QB switch "just for fun".

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
That is where I am at too. I have Robby Anderson & Mike Davis going tonight. If they put up a ton of points, I may be inclined to make the QB switch "just for fun".

im trying to milk the mike Davis cow one more week as well

gpphat

2020 CCS Fantasy Football Champ (ESPN League)
Donator
CCS Overall Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Virginia Commonwealth Rams
Also throwing this out there:

Would you bench Josh Allen against the Pats for Joe Burrow against the Titans???

The team I am playing this week is starting Tua and I thought it would be fun it pit Burrow against him, but of course I still want the W.

I would still roll with Allen but wouldn't hate the switch to Burrow...similar situation I am in with Jackson and Bridgewater, tough to bench jackson but an argument can be made for Bridgewater

Penny Traitor

バカでも才能は一つ
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
I would still roll with Allen but wouldn't hate the switch to Burrow...similar situation I am in with Jackson and Bridgewater, tough to bench jackson but an argument can be made for Bridgewater

This is less of a logic based thing, but because the team I am playing this week sent me a DM simply saying "It's Tua Time!"

So I thought a battle of the rookies would be fun because I drafted Burrow at the end of the draft, but never bothered to start him because Allen started so hot.

Burque

Huevos Rancheros
Liked Posts:
I am leaving Jackson on the bench this week for Herbert in one league, and Wentz in another.

gpphat

Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
tenor.gif

Starion

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
RB advice... with both starters likely no-go. Carson (unlikely) & Mostert (out).
...even my backup RB4 P. Lindsay is Questionable. 12 team keeper, so very limited waiver. 1/2 PPR.

RB1: (Gurley did meh, with 10.6)
RB2: ____________?? Have Z. Moss (BUF) who might have upside overall > Devin Singletary, but not rockin it yet in committee.
Could grab J. Kelley (LAC) or D. Dallas (SEA) as a quick free handcuff now that waivers are over. Both have tough matchups: Dallas is vs SF #2 & Kelley vs DEN #3 defenses respectively.

gpphat

Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
One rule I set in my big money league is a $10 loss fee, forces teams to stay active and competitive all year or it hits them in the pocket. The loss fees get distributed to the division winners (3 divisions in a 12 team league).

Now onto my lineup decision...In 2 leagues I have Bridgewater who I picked up as a bye week filler this past week for Lamar Jackson. So would you roll with Bridgewater in a great matchup with potential to be a high scoring game on Thursday or go with Jackson against a tough Steelers defense?

In one of those leagues I ended up trading Jackson and Marquise Brown on Sunday for Brady and McLaurin...so same question but with Brady?

Ended up going with Jackson, when my decision is close I try to go with the "don't be cute" rule. So long as Jackson scores more than 19 points it will be the right decision.

Penny Traitor

バカでも才能は一つ
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Ended up going with Jackson, when my decision is close I try to go with the "don't be cute" rule. So long as Jackson scores more than 19 points it will be the right decision.
so realize you may only walkaway with 20 points

#calledit

Both of my Panther starts were "meh". Congrats anyone that started Samuel.

gpphat

Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears

Dragon Slayer

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
So uh injuries suck.

Myles Gaskin v LAR or Rojo @NYG

:rolleyes:

Burque

Huevos Rancheros
Liked Posts:
RB advice... with both starters likely no-go. Carson (unlikely) & Mostert (out).
...even my backup RB4 P. Lindsay is Questionable. 12 team keeper, so very limited waiver. 1/2 PPR.

RB2: ____________?? Have Z. Moss (BUF) who might have upside overall > Devin Singletary, but not rockin it yet in committee.
Could grab J. Kelley (LAC) or D. Dallas (SEA) as a quick free handcuff now that waivers are over. Both have tough matchups: Dallas is vs SF #2 & Kelley vs DEN #3 defenses respectively.
Gosh, you might be in Royce Freeman territory...

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers

Dallas and hope for the best. It's honestly sounding like he's going to be the only RB alive there. Kelley has absolutely sucked. I have him and hold him just in case, but I'm starting Hasty over him in CCS league purely for unknown upside.

Starion

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I went with Moss due to matchups & got lucky. 81y, 2TDs. Dallas got 2 TDs also tho.

I'm considering trying to trade Gurley. He's not too consistent & ATL faces many tough defenses on back end of sched.