Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
How do you read that and think "Hm, sounds like he's gonna have an ulcer if Anderson flips the bat"?

How do you read that and think "Hm, sounds like bat flipping won't upset TLR?"

Leomaz

Pissing people off the right way!
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
  2. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Don’t know how I can be a Sox fan after this.
4 years wasted with Renteria, now how many years will be wasted with Tony? Jerry Riensdorf is absolutely looney if he thinks out of all people that could be the new manager of the Sox Tony LaRussa is the best they can come up with! Wouldn’t be nice to have a manager that could conceivably be here for 10 years and still not be 60 years old...let alone 76...I have had my doubts about Rick Hahn but this has magnified it

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Because he says "neither team can be upset" in the quote. Are you fluent in English?

"Neither team can be upset" but he literally says "as long as they are celebrating sincerely."

So tell me, professor, what is celebrating sincerely? What's going to happen when Anderson flips his bat and the Royals throw at him? Will the chosen one TLR come out of the dugout and defend his guy?

Montucky

Liked Posts:
4 years wasted with Renteria, now how many years will be wasted with Tony? Jerry Riensdorf is absolutely looney if he thinks out of all people that could be the new manager of the Sox Tony LaRussa is the best they can come up with! Wouldn’t be nice to have a manager that could conceivably be here for 10 years and still not be 60 years old...let alone 76...I have had my doubts about Rick Hahn but this has magnified it
Managers almost never last ten years anyways. Even guys who win like Tito or Maddon get thrown out on their ass eventually.

TheWinman

2020 CCS Survivor Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
What the fuck was the thought process behind this hire?

I thought Hanh wanted somebody who's in tune with analytics. He brings in this fucking fossil who probably still used dial up internet.

Then he wanted somebody that can communicate with out latin players...welp!

This makes no fucking sense. Did Reinsdorf stick his stupid ass head in this decision?
It was not Hahn's choice. If I was Hahn I would have quit today.

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

Rick Hahn reportedly isn't happy about this hire.

Montucky

Liked Posts:
"Neither team can be upset" but he literally says "as long as they are celebrating sincerely."

So tell me, professor, what is celebrating sincerely? What's going to happen when Anderson flips his bat and the Royals throw at him? Will the chosen one TLR come out of the dugout and defend his guy?
You are reading way too much into this. He's not writing a law here, you dont have to hang on every word. The gist of what he's saying is that "if everyone does it then its fine".

And you know what? Even if he didn't like the bat flipping I dont care. Its not a big deal. I'm sure Tim Anderson and Tony LaRussa can still have a professional relationship despite differing views on the flipping of a baseball bat.

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
You are reading way too much into this. He's not writing a law here, you dont have to hang on every word. The gist of what he's saying is that "if everyone does it then its fine".

And you know what? Even if he didn't like the bat flipping I dont care. Its not a big deal. I'm sure Tim Anderson and Tony LaRussa can still have a professional relationship despite differing views on the flipping of a baseball bat.

Reading too much into this because of his past history. TLR isn't the right call for a team with young stars that want to #ChangeTheGame. I just don't see how anyone can defend the signing.

CRM 114

Premium Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Remember, Tony Trumpy has gotten arrested for a DUI and literally doesn’t even know his ABC’s. This is really the best guy my 2nd favorite Chicago baseball team could find to manage their ballclub?

Montucky

Liked Posts:
Reading too much into this because of his past history. TLR isn't the right call for a team with young stars that want to #ChangeTheGame. I just don't see how anyone can defend the signing.
I dont think they really want to #ChangeTheGame as much as they want to win ballgames, notably a World Series. Tony LaRussa is about as good a manager for winning ballgames as has ever had a job in major league baseball.

Montucky

Liked Posts:
Remember, Tony Trumpy has gotten arrested for a DUI and literally doesn’t even know his ABC’s. This is really the best guy my 2nd favorite Chicago baseball team could find to manage their ballclub?

Hm, on one hand he's the third winningest manager of all time. On the other he got arrested for blowing .01 over the limit thirteen years ago. Tough call..hmm...

fatbeard

Liked Posts:
I feel so sorry for you guys. So much bad baseball for so many years, and then they finally did it right. And now this.