Blow it all up

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
It’s time to he said. This defense isn’t worth a damn paired with this offense. Strip it for parts and rebuild everything from the ground up. You all know this is the right move. Pretending it isn’t is only delaying the inevitable rebuild. Fire everybody as far as I’m concerned.

doctorbear

Liked Posts:
For sure. This team is not built right. No tying up money into CB and safety. Trade or cut all that and reinvest into the lines (and coaches)

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
For sure. This team is not built right. No tying up money into CB and safety. Trade or cut all that and reinvest into the lines (and coaches)
Knowing the Bears though, they will string this along for as long as they can so they can relive the painful slow decline of Lovie and his defense. Because the first time wasn’t bad enough I guess.

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
I wouldn’t completely blow it up, but when can they get out from the Mack contract? I’d definitely shed that contract once it’s cap friendly to do so.

Use some of that money on the OL and a receiver. Also would let Goldman go once the dead money makes sense, although that may not be for a while.

I really wouldn’t blow up the defense too much. They have some bad deals. Trevathan is going to be here a couple more years. Goldman can’t be cut for a while. The Cohen deal was stupid.

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
I wouldn’t completely blow it up, but when can they get out from the Mack contract? I’d definitely shed that contract once it’s cap friendly to do so.

Use some of that money on the OL and a receiver. Also would let Goldman go once the dead money makes sense, although that may not be for a while.

I really wouldn’t blow up the defense too much. They have some bad deals. Trevathan is going to be here a couple more years. Goldman can’t be cut for a while. The Cohen deal was stupid.
This is the oldest defense in the NFL. If you walk down this path you are betting on the Bears having a competent offense before this defense is done, or else it’s gonna be another long 4-5 years of 4 win seasons.

bearsfan1977

Liked Posts:
I wouldn’t blow up the whole thing, just the big pieces that are screwing it all up. Pace and Nagy. Try to restructure a few contracts on the D side. They have a few years left in them.

Pour all remaking resources via draft and FA into a QB and the OL. Get a damn guy in here who knows how to call plays.

PeterMbangala

Liked Posts:
Fire GM/HC and let the new coach decide who, if anyone, he wants to keep on the coaching staff.

Regarding the defense, I'm confident anyone could come in as DC and this would be a top ten unit. Pagano has frustrated me at times with his playcalling but it's just got lost in the total clusterfuck that is the other side of the ball.

We cannot allow Pace to choose the next QB, it would be malpractice and I have no interest in a partial clear out.

PeterMbangala

Liked Posts:

I wouldn't cut Goldman loose, we've missed him this season. Trevathan and Cohen deals didn't make a lot of sense at the time and haven't aged well.

I get the temptation to blow it all up, but I'd keep the core of Johnson, Roquan, Jackson, Goldman at the very least.

Last edited:

ImSure

Liked Posts:
until this team has a running game it's not gonna matter.

Pennwalt

Liked Posts:
Fire GM/HC and let the new coach decide who, if anyone, he wants to keep on the coaching staff.

Regarding the defense, I'm confident anyone could come in as DC and this would be a top ten unit. Pagano has frustrated me at times with his playcalling but it's just got lost in the total clusterfuck that is the other side of the ball.

We cannot allow Pace to choose the next QB, it would be malpractice and I have no interest in a partial clear out.
The owners are too cheap to do that!!!!!!!! They would rather have a bad team!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Enasic

Liked Posts:
This is the oldest defense in the NFL. If you walk down this path you are betting on the Bears having a competent offense before this defense is done, or else it’s gonna be another long 4-5 years of 4 win seasons.

Still a lot of youth though. Fuller, JJ, Jackson, Roquan. You can’t just completely scrap our good defensive players.

Enasic

Liked Posts:
I wouldn't cut Goldman loose, we've missed him this season. Trevathan and Cohen deals didn't make a lot of sense at the time and haven't aged well.

I get the temptation to blow it all up, but I'd keep the core of Johnson, Roquan, Jackson, Goldman at the very least.

Goldman can go. Bears could get a cheaper run stuffer

circusboy666

Liked Posts:
Whitehair,Daniels,Mooney,A Miller,Hicks,Goldman, Roquan,Fuller,E Jackson,Jaylon Johnson...

10 players worth keeping. 20% of our roster. That is pathetic. There are other pieces of course, but every other big name needs to go if possible. A cap nightmare ahead of us but it needs to be blown up and re-started with new GM and new HC.

Forty-six

Liked Posts:
What is the goal of the Bears' organization? I assume it's to win another Super Bowl. Here are the winning Super Bowl quarterbacks from the past 15 years....

2019 - Patrick Mahomes
2018 - Tom Brady
2017 - Nick Foles (Good god, man)
2016 - Tom Brady
2015 - Peyton Manning
2014 - Tom Brady
2013- Russell Wilson
2012 - Joe Flaco
2011 - Eli Manning
2010 - Aaron Rodgers
2009 - Drew Brees
2008 - Ben Roethlisberger
2007 - Eli Manning
2006 - Peyton Manning
2005 - Ben Roethlisberger

What's the point? The point is, almost without exception, you need an elite quarterback to win a Super Bowl in today's NFL. You know this. I know this. The problem is, the Bears do not know this. I'm 49 years old, a lifelong Bears fan. In my lifetime the Bears have never had a top 3 quarterback. Not once. Never.

Is Trubisky elite? Nope. Is Foles elite? Negative. Great, now that we've established that it's time to move on. Right now. Pace took a swing with Trubisky. Pace missed. Time to admit that and begin a complete rebuild. Trade pieces. Make cuts. Fire Pace. Get real bad real quick. Failure to admit Trubisky and Foles are not the guy will only delay the rebuild and doom the Bears organization to mediocrity and doom their fans to continued, almost never ending, frustration.

Last edited:

Forty-six

Liked Posts:
I agree. There are some great pieces on the defense and not everybody needs to go. But, until you have an elite, top tier quarterback, you have virtually no chance to win a Super Bowl. That puzzle needs to be solved first and then you build everything else around him.

Pace must go. No way you allow him to draft another QB.

jsu34

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Before any blowing up, the gm and head coach need to be replaced.