If I'm Mitchs agent I tell him to not play

dbldrew

Liked Posts:
It's speculation that Trubisky was named the week one starter because he is a better quarterback.
yeah because its common practice to go with the worst QB

It's speculation that turning to Foles and continuing to stay with Foles is a "big mistake".
so 2 and 5 as a starter would be what great success? Or are you talking about 106yds and 0TD 1INT against a terrible pass D a great success? I would call that a huge mistake..

It's speculation that using Trubisky in the Wildcat formation was "stupid".
his throwing shoulder does not agree

It's also speculation that "everyone knew he was going to run".
A qb that is very elite at running, that hasnt played in weeks and hasn't warmed up throwing? Yeah im sure you had no clue what was going to happen but the D sure did

BearDen

High Ranking Member
Liked Posts:
yeah because its common practice to go with the worst QB

so 2 and 5 as a starter would be what great success? Or are you talking about 106yds and 0TD 1INT against a terrible pass D a great success? I would call that a huge mistake..

his throwing shoulder does not agree

A qb that is very elite at running, that hasnt played in weeks and hasn't warmed up throwing? Yeah im sure you had no clue what was going to happen but the D sure did
???

Southside

Liked Posts:
The foles trade wasnt the problem because Mitch was a man and knew he was a better player and would win the job.. like what happened.. and then got benched when he was undefeated and when it was completely obvious to everyone after a few games that was a HUGE mistake going to foles and rather then go back to Mitch, Nagy stuck with foles, and on top of that he got his throwing shoulder hurt on a fucking stupid wild cat play that everybody knew that Mitch was going to run.. So the reason that the FUCK YOU to the bears didn't come in the off season was because the "FUCK YOU" to Mitch happened DURING THE SEASON.

Stop being a fucking moron, you know this

Foles hasn't been great but bro Foles wouldnt even be in Chicago if Mitch Trubisky wasnt a bum. Mitch is a bum and IS THE REASON the team even had to go and sign a QB last offseason which happened to be Foles. Had Mitch lived up to his draft pick we wouldnt have a dilemma so he better not complain about anything. Why defend him so much by saying Foles sucks? Mitch is why we have Foles. Trubisky fans are insane.

This guy is literally a 1 year wonder underdeveloped college QB who left school too early, cant diagnosed defenses, forces throws to a single read, has no deep ball accuracy, and has bad footwork. He wasnt even the best quarterback in the ACC (Watson), he got benched because he's a scrub and was trash against the weakest part of the schedule.

Chris Sojka

Liked Posts:
You are missing the point. The point is Cutler made his trade demand in March of 2009. What would make 3M a pussy is doing it in the middle of the season. If 3M was upset about Foles then he should have manned the fuck up and made a trade demand after the Foles trade. He would look like a pussy now because you want him to quit on the team in the middle of the season when he is due to be a free agent anyway.

Whether you agree with it or not Cutler dealt with his situation like a man. He was pissed off and he confronted the Broncos and McD directly immediately. What you are suggesting is 3M handle the situation like a whiny child by waiting several months after the Foles trade and then hide behind his agent and doctors.

The team scapegoated him for 3 fucking years. Idiots like you regurgitated that nonsense. Foles was a veteran and more proven QB in every respect. Almost every single commentator Bears related shit on Mitch and talked up Foles.

people who knew what they were talking about told you how bad this would end up with Foles.

Mitch has been a standup guy. The Franchise has been nothing short of treacherous to him. Trading for Foles, no extension, public scapegoating, lack of draft support.

What does Mitch have to lose by playing!?

his health, his career, 40m as a career backup QB possibly and maybe a starter someday.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Mitch has been a standup guy.

The Franchise has been nothing short of treacherous to him. Trading for Foles, no extension, public scapegoating, lack of draft support.
Yet they gave him the ball to start this season and never said one bad thing about him. :rolleyes:

By ditching, he will lose his rep as a stand up guy which as you said is one of his selling points. Mitch is not going to fucking die and his shoulder will need a fix at some point anyway. Refusal to play will lose $3-4m based on salary and fines. He likely gets a $3-7m backup contract next year based on the rest of this one. The lower # would be play poor and getting injured and the high one, play and do meh as expected. That could actually double to the $15m range if he plays and does well. Basically, he breaks even in total $ by going AWOL compared meh play with an injury and only has financial upside by playing, possibly substantial.

Honestly, I can't recall one QB that wasn't injured that simply refused to go unless they retired like Luck. I do remember the grief Cutler got nationally for leaving a game and not playing through a verified MCL. There has always been consequence in the NFL unless you are elite and even then, it eventually comes back at you.

Awesome fucking precedent. Mitch would be that guy that announcers talk about for the next decade and GMs don't reward that crap. Only financial and reputation downside by refusing to play.

If you think he's better for the team's current situation and you're actually a Bear fan, you want him to play and help them as I do. Wanting him to ditch against everyone's best interests is the desire of a fanboi, jock sniffer.

I understand db starting this thread because he's pissed and is shooting from the hip with a fuck this org attitude but once the logistics have been presented, you guys should just stand down. It's all bad for everyone involved by him ditching and there's only available upside for all if he plays.

Last edited:

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
the point is Foles sucks right now in the middle of the season, Mitch got hurt because Nagy is fucking Special person and put him in the wildcat in the middle of the season. So you saying that Mitch should have told the Bears to get fucked in the beginning of the season like Cutler did is Special person

3M is a running QB. Running QBs all across the NFL run running plays from time to time. If the guy is a big pussy and cant run a simple run play without getting hurt then his value is severely restrained as the only time he was actually good is when he ran a lot.

I am not saying 3M should have told them that in the offseason. I am saying the offseason would have been an appropriate time to do it.

My advice to 3M is take this opportunity to show teams what you learned on the bench.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
The team scapegoated him for 3 fucking years. Idiots like you regurgitated that nonsense. Foles was a veteran and more proven QB in every respect. Almost every single commentator Bears related shit on Mitch and talked up Foles.

people who knew what they were talking about told you how bad this would end up with Foles.

Mitch has been a standup guy. The Franchise has been nothing short of treacherous to him. Trading for Foles, no extension, public scapegoating, lack of draft support.

What does Mitch have to lose by playing!?

his health, his career, 40m as a career backup QB possibly and maybe a starter someday.

Getting benched for poor performance isn't treachery. It is accountability.

Yes, I am aware you think 3M is going to the Titans to beat out Tannenhill because he is better than Wilson but in reality he still has a lot to prove.

dbldrew

Liked Posts:
3M is a running QB. Running QBs all across the NFL run running plays from time to time. If the guy is a big pussy and cant run a simple run play without getting hurt then his value is severely restrained as the only time he was actually good is when he ran a lot.

I am not saying 3M should have told them that in the offseason. I am saying the offseason would have been an appropriate time to do it.

My advice to 3M is take this opportunity to show teams what you learned on the bench.

Thats a huge risk in my opinion. What if him sitting on the bench has actually done him a lot of good and he is starting to understand reading a D? That would be great right? so why wouldnt you want to show it?
Well how is that going to manifest with this shit show of a team?

Foles is a experienced QB that has had the talent to be phenomenal, how has that worked out for him on this team? He has been complete garbage, so if Foles talent cant shine through the garbage that the bears are then how will any improvements that Mitch has gained be able to shine through? There is no QB that would thrive in the situation here

side not what the hell is 3M mean? I know thats for Mitch but all i think about is the company that makes tape, is that what it about mitch needing to watch tape or something?

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Thats a huge risk in my opinion. What if him sitting on the bench has actually done him a lot of good and he is starting to understand reading a D? That would be great right? so why wouldnt you want to show it?
Well how is that going to manifest with this shit show of a team?

Foles is a experienced QB that has had the talent to be phenomenal, how has that worked out for him on this team? He has been complete garbage, so if Foles talent cant shine through the garbage that the bears are then how will any improvements that Mitch has gained be able to shine through? There is no QB that would thrive in the situation here

side not what the hell is 3M mean? I know thats for Mitch but all i think about is the company that makes tape, is that what it about mitch needing to watch tape or something?

He is more mobile than Foles so if he has learned to read defenses better while sitting then you can move the pocket around with him to allow him to showcase it.

3M is Mental Midget Mitch but I suppose can also be a reference to his needing to watch tape.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

You know that being a pussy and getting hurt are not at all the same thing and at face value, counterintuitive. You're overworking the pussy narrative and only appear more biased for it. I agree on Mitch and his read inability but to play devil's advocate, Foles has looked like he lost that ability in the last few weeks as well.

Last edited:

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Great. The ranks of the blinders brigade swell, as the Mitch Trubisky CCS circle jerk pathetically holds on for dear life as his career nosedives into the bottom of a dumpster, located in the deepest sewer in Gary, Indiana.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
You know that being a pussy and getting hurt are not at all the same thing and at face value, counterintuitive. You're overworking the pussy narrative and only appear more biased for it. I agree on Mitch and his read inability but to play devil's advocate, Foles has looked like he lost that ability in the last few weeks as well.

My comments are in response to DLB's stupid argument. It is a hypothetical not reality as I dont think 3M is going to quit on the team and I dont think 3M thinks he should not be allowed to run. If he is not the starter there is nothing wrong with giving him a running play from time to time like Saints do with hill. So what I am saying is DLB's vision of 3M would make him a giant fucking pussy but his vision of 3M is not reality. If 3M were the guy DLB describes he should quit the NFL and find a desk job.

The difference is Foles looks lost while being top 10 in pressure faced. 3M looked lost while being bottom 5 in pressure faced. Mitch was kept clean on 75.5% of his drop backs but I agree Foles is scared of the rush and not seeing the feel well but that is because he has faced better defenses and more pressure.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I agree with that but I don't care whose stats you were looking at, Mitch has always been pressured here. If the #s show he wasn't, it was only due to his legs at the time. Doesn't excuse his play.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I agree with that but I don't care whose stats you were looking at, Mitch has always been pressured here. If the #s show he wasn't, it was only due to his legs at the time. Doesn't excuse his play.

He played the Lions, Giants and Falcons this season. He was not pressured that much against those shit teams. If you used your legs to escape the rush that would still count as a pressure.

Further, 3M's problem wasn't pressure. His problem was he was below average when not pressured. Over this season and last he was bottom of the league when he did not face pressure.

The irony is what helped him in 2018 was the fact he used his feet to avoid pressure not that he is good in a clean pocket. He had the 9th best passer rating under pressure in 2018 and when you add in he was the best running QB under pressure he was probably a top 3-5 QB dealing with pressure.

By contrast he was only the 18th best QB when the pocket was clean in 2018. He fell to 24th out of 27 QBs in 2019 when kept clean. He was also 24th out of 27 under pressure that year.

So his problem is two fold. He has never excelled at throwing in clean pockets relative to his peers and his being scared to run since the injury has hampered his ability to cope with pressure. He has to be a guy that runs for 400-600 yards IMO to be successful in NFL unless he has now learned to read defenses better.

Last edited:

Chris Sojka

Liked Posts:
My comments are in response to DLB's stupid argument. It is a hypothetical not reality as I dont think 3M is going to quit on the team and I dont think 3M thinks he should not be allowed to run. If he is not the starter there is nothing wrong with giving him a running play from time to time like Saints do with hill. So what I am saying is DLB's vision of 3M would make him a giant fucking pussy but his vision of 3M is not reality. If 3M were the guy DLB describes he should quit the NFL and find a desk job.

The difference is Foles looks lost while being top 10 in pressure faced. 3M looked lost while being bottom 5 in pressure faced. Mitch was kept clean on 75.5% of his drop backs but I agree Foles is scared of the rush and not seeing the feel well but that is because he has faced better defenses and more pressure.

Remy, everything you said from the start of this year is literally just pathetic. You’ve been wrong multiple times every week. How you can boast and pretend like you’re some insightful analyst is truly detached from reality.

You’ve been right about absolutely nothing. You think he sucks but want him to play? You think he can’t read a defense so what makes him better than Bray?

just admit you don’t know shit. Because after 10 weeks and an entire offseason of being wrong it’s fair to say you don’t.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Remy, I get all that but overall, he's seen a lot of pressure as well. The Lions work for him because of the all the man they play and I doubt a rush would be a huge burden when facing them anyway. He just looks better against them due to not having to read much zone. I don't trust your clean pocket stats or PFF stats in general. Hub raked them over the coals last night for how poor their performance tallies are. For instance, they have Leno and Ifedi as well above the mean in performance this year. :rolleyes: That was my point and no, it doesn't make Mitch any better.

Last edited:

dbldrew

Liked Posts:
Foles hasn't been great but bro Foles wouldnt even be in Chicago if Mitch Trubisky wasnt a bum. Mitch is a bum and IS THE REASON the team even had to go and sign a QB last offseason which happened to be Foles. Had Mitch lived up to his draft pick we wouldnt have a dilemma so he better not complain about anything. Why defend him so much by saying Foles sucks? Mitch is why we have Foles. Trubisky fans are insane.

This guy is literally a 1 year wonder underdeveloped college QB who left school too early, cant diagnosed defenses, forces throws to a single read, has no deep ball accuracy, and has bad footwork. He wasnt even the best quarterback in the ACC (Watson), he got benched because he's a scrub and was trash against the weakest part of the schedule.

Yes Mitch sucked last year and thats why they brought in Foles. But how much of Mitch sucking was because he was a bum and how much was it because Nagy was terrible as a OC? We dont know and because Foles has also failed miserably under Nagy that is starting to shed light that it might be more the HC and OL then the QB.

Its entirely possible that Mitch will suck no matter what team he is on, and this isnt a discussion about that. This is a discussion that right now there is huge doubt with the whole bears organization. And as an agent you want that doubt to stay on them, you want the blame to be because its the HC and OL and GM. The more Qbs that also fail in this system the better for your client, so your hoping that Bray has to play because you know he will be garbage, then throw in Kizer in there and he will fail as well. so at the end of the year when you are shopping Mitch to other teams the more failed QBs (including a superbowl MVP) the better for pointing all blame on the Bears rather then on Mitch

dbldrew

Liked Posts:

Agreed I dont think Mitch will quit either, doesnt mean that his agent tells him it would be better if he never played for the Bears again. (what this thread is about)

dbldrew

Liked Posts:
Remy, everything you said from the start of this year is literally just pathetic. You’ve been wrong multiple times every week. How you can boast and pretend like you’re some insightful analyst is truly detached from reality.

You’ve been right about absolutely nothing. You think he sucks but want him to play? You think he can’t read a defense so what makes him better than Bray?

just admit you don’t know shit. Because after 10 weeks and an entire offseason of being wrong it’s fair to say you don’t.

Welcome to the remy vortex

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

I want him to play because he has now had a chance to take a step back and focus on his deficiencies without the pressure of playing so I would like to see if he has learned anything. In the FL QBs can learn while sitting.

As to you other cries, you are the guy that suggest Trubs was better than Wilson and that he could take Tannenhill's job next year so it is laughable to talk about others being wrong. You cape foe 3M like he is your son.

Last edited: