Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
If you have an elite guy at QB you can be competitive regardless. See Green Bay for most of the time Rodgers has been there, regular playoffs most often with a shit defence and not an exceptional line. The level of importance of that position is like a 10 then the next most important is a 4 or 5.

Rodgers and Brady have made so many receivers look good, they go somewhere else and straight back to being just a guy. We have failed to draft or pick up in free agency the right QB for decades - it’s really just down to getting it wrong. Mahomes’ talent doesn’t disappear if he came to us.

Cutler was at least very talented - he didn’t work out but for different reasons and I think it was worth the shot by Angelo based on his pure ability. The shit we have had at QB either side of him is embarrassing, none of them even close to good enough. It’s not anything else, they just aren’t fucking good enough.

I’m not buying this revisionist bollocks I’m seeing now about how Trubisky would be amazing if he was under a better coach - haven’t you been watching him play for the last few years? He’s just another average QB with a level of mobility that helps him mask his other inadequacies, bracket with Jake Locker, Christian Ponder.

Bears need to aggressively pursue the right QB in the draft - the next two drafts even. Try one higher up and one flyer in the middle rounds even. Until we get that position right nothing will ever change, won’t win a Super Bowl. Might make the playoffs now and again but at some point the QB will let you down.

Almost every long term successful franchise is based around the franchise QB. It’s really quite simple.

Some people are getting this backwards - if you find an elite guy it’s the QB who makes the coach look good. He makes the line look good. He makes the receivers look good - not the other way round. When (if) he turns up we’ll all know.
Pretty much this. He did look better this year until he faced zone and mixed coverages. The mechanics/trajectories looked much better and accuracy improved but he'd still go deer in headlights too often. I think he could possibly be an asset (though not premier) somewhere with a scheme designed for him.

I'd actually like to see him in this O again (if his shoulder isn't too bad) without the weight of the world on his shoulders and after watching Foles to see where he's at. At this point, the season needs interesting scenarios beyond wins and losses.

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
I do understand your point about how today we have no good options on the Bears at QB and that Trubisky might be the best suited to this O-line.

I think you are missing my point, in that I'm tired of making QB excuses...

I want a QB that makes me say, that his talent is going to waste on this team, and they need to put pieces around him.

If your stance is that Trubisky's talents are going to waste on this team, then I respectfully say, I do not feel the same way.

If Trubisky had the perfect o-line and great receivers, I think he would still be holding the team back. Just my 2 cents...

I don't think Mitch is great. I don't even say you should be able to win with Mitch like I said about Cutler. I don't know what the problem was with Cutler, maybe it was him, maybe it was the coaches, maybe it was beating his brains in for a long time before trying to fix the oline.
For Mitch and the team we have you can't call the game that suits Nagy, the game needs to be tailored to Mitch and the team we have. We've seen flashes of it and then Nagy would stop calling it, sort of like slants and Rex, worked great but can't do that too often.

With both Cutler and Trubisky through all times in the personnel changes it seems our WRs aren't in the right spot or at least the same spot the QB thinks they should be in.

Mitch was so questionable to me from the start I wanted to draft another QB the year after (although I don't think that year's QBs did anything so it wouldn't have solved the problem and still leaves the problem of not having an oline).

Mdbearz

Liked Posts:
If you have an elite guy at QB you can be competitive regardless. See Green Bay for most of the time Rodgers has been there, regular playoffs most often with a shit defence and not an exceptional line. The level of importance of that position is like a 10 then the next most important is a 4 or 5.

Rodgers and Brady have made so many receivers look good, they go somewhere else and straight back to being just a guy. We have failed to draft or pick up in free agency the right QB for decades - it’s really just down to getting it wrong. Mahomes’ talent doesn’t disappear if he came to us.

Cutler was at least very talented - he didn’t work out but for different reasons and I think it was worth the shot by Angelo based on his pure ability. The shit we have had at QB either side of him is embarrassing, none of them even close to good enough. It’s not anything else, they just aren’t fucking good enough.

I’m not buying this revisionist bollocks I’m seeing now about how Trubisky would be amazing if he was under a better coach - haven’t you been watching him play for the last few years? He’s just another average QB with a level of mobility that helps him mask his other inadequacies, bracket with Jake Locker, Christian Ponder.

Bears need to aggressively pursue the right QB in the draft - the next two drafts even. Try one higher up and one flyer in the middle rounds even. Until we get that position right nothing will ever change, won’t win a Super Bowl. Might make the playoffs now and again but at some point the QB will let you down.

Almost every long term successful franchise is based around the franchise QB. It’s really quite simple.

Some people are getting this backwards - if you find an elite guy it’s the QB who makes the coach look good. He makes the line look good. He makes the receivers look good - not the other way round. When (if) he turns up we’ll all know.
I nominate you for Post of the Year, well said sir!!!

Mdbearz

Liked Posts:
Pretty much this. He did look better this year until he faced zone and mixed coverages. The mechanics/trajectories looked much better and accuracy improved but he'd still go deer in headlights too often. I think he could possibly be an asset (though not premier) somewhere with a scheme designed for him.

I'd actually like to see him in this O again (if his shoulder isn't too bad) without the weight of the world on his shoulders and after watching Foles to see where he's at. At this point, the season needs interesting scenarios beyond wins and losses.
I really wanted Foles to work out, but it is becoming painfully obvious that he does not have the mobility to be effective behind this oline.

If we want some entertainment, maybe we should let Bray start against the Packers. The reality is we are not going to beat them with any of our QBs, so why not tie Nagy's hands and perhaps force him to run the ball.

I would love to see a game with Monty and Miller getting 15-20 touches each, and see what happens when you just get them into a rhythm. In the first half of the Vikings game, we actually had some positive run plays that were very traditional looking. Line up with your best blockers at TE (Harris and Kmet) put Nall and Monty/Miller in the Back field, have the QB take snaps under center, throw occasionally off play action, and make most of those throws slants and TEs up the seam.

How about we fake a WR screen, and go up top to Mooney on the opposite side of the field, I'm sure the Packers will bite on the fake after watching 10 weeks worth of tape, and seeing us run that play at least 5 times a game.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

At this point, you might as well play 3M to see if he has learned anything sitting on the bench. Sometimes you need to take a step back and gain a new perspective before you can move forward.

Foles contact is guaranteed and he likely didn't hit his incentives so he will be here next year at 9m barring a trade so really even if he gets healthy, there is no value in him continuing to play this year.

Forty-six

Liked Posts:
This right here is the biggest line of horseshit ever spewed on CCS. Some idiot poster gave Nagy that name and somehow people ran with it. Nagy has never in his life been an offensive or QB guru and it's ridiculous to claim he has been.

I didn't say Nagy was an offensive guru. I said he was hired because he was "supposed" to be an offensive guru. Nagy is from the Andy Reed coaching tree and it's undeniable that with his hiring the Bears were trying to move to a more offensive minded program.

Nagy has proven he has no idea how to run an offense.

I agree that Mitch and his mobility/athleticism are the best fit for the O-line that we currently have. But Mitch isn't the long term answer.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
At this point, you might as well play 3M to see if he has learned anything sitting on the bench. Sometimes you need to take a step back and gain a new perspective before you can move forward.
My thoughts for how to start the year but hey, it was just hope upon hope.

Chris Sojka

Liked Posts:

2 of the 5 worst organizations in the NFL super bowl era are in the NFC north. Chicago being slightly better than that asswipe organization the lions. Even the Vikings are a better organization than the Bears. And they kinda suck too. The QB matters against scrub teams but look what hapoens when Rogers plays in the playoffs. He got stomped last year and it wasn’t even close. He’s beats all the teams he should and loses playoff games like a true NFC norther.

Southside

Liked Posts:
Mahommes went to a team with 2 pro bowl tackles and a stacked WR position group and the best TE in football.

Mitch came into ALLEN Robinson coming off a torn ACL and the worst offensive organization ever.

And Trubisky was gifted a better defense than either Mahomes or Watson so why is this ignored by Trubisky fans? No one is saying that Mitch had to be as good as Mahomes or Watson, quite frankly, all Trubisky had to do was be AVERAGE and the Bears would be a perennial playoff team. But he cant even do that. The Texans gave up 25 ppg last year and made the playoffs and they had no o-line and their coach was trash (O'Brien).

Bears gave up 18 ppg last year and missed the playoffs and had to fight just to be 8-8. Trubisky ruined our season last year period, and was on track to do it again this year. He was underwhelming against the weakest part of our schedule and there is nothing that you can defend about him.

Also Ryan Pace needs to get fired from the sheer fact that he compared an underdeveloped 1 year scrub Trubisky to Drew Brees, the same Brees who started 3 years in college and has the Big 10 record for most yards and completions. And Brees is 2nd all time in Big 10 touchdowns. Brees is one if not the greatest quarterback in Big 10 history, he got drafted 20 years ago and STILL has most of the conference record. Yet Pace thought that Trubisky with 1 year at UNC was remotely similar to Brees. Fire him for that alone. Pace needs to be kept away from having ANYTHING to do with drafting the next QB.

Chris Sojka

Liked Posts:
And Trubisky was gifted a better defense than either Mahomes or Watson so why is this ignored by Trubisky fans? No one is saying that Mitch had to be as good as Mahomes or Watson, quite frankly, all Trubisky had to do was be AVERAGE and the Bears would be a perennial playoff team. But he cant even do that. The Texans gave up 25 ppg last year and made the playoffs and they had no o-line and their coach was trash (O'Brien).

Bears gave up 18 ppg last year and missed the playoffs and had to fight just to be 8-8. Trubisky ruined our season last year period, and was on track to do it again this year. He was underwhelming against the weakest part of our schedule and there is nothing that you can defend about him.

Also Ryan Pace needs to get fired from the sheer fact that he compared an underdeveloped 1 year scrub Trubisky to Drew Brees, the same Brees who started 3 years in college and has the Big 10 record for most yards and completions. And Brees is 2nd all time in Big 10 touchdowns. Brees is one if not the greatest quarterback in Big 10 history, he got drafted 20 years ago and STILL has most of the conference record. Yet Pace thought that Trubisky with 1 year at UNC was remotely similar to Brees. Fire him for that alone. Pace needs to be kept away from having ANYTHING to do with drafting the next QB.

sorry this is a dumb take...

Outside of Robinson Every position group on offense is ranked last. TEs lowest rated , WRs most drops, no Run Game, no run yards, playcaller is awful.

how do you explain Foles being worse than Trubisky? He had a 3-0 start and the best defense in football. He’s an established, respected QB by multiple organizations. He really ruined this offense and is so bad it cost the coach his career as a HC.

So both QBs are bad? Because that’s not what anyone said 15 weeks ago.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I shouldn't be able to tell you before the season, last season, before last season, before the season before last...

that you should invest in the o-line and stop trading up because you need those picks and more, trade back.
What did it really get us we wouldn't have gotten instead?

Montgomery instead of Harris? Loss and lost picks.
Miller instead of ? and lost picks.
Trubisky instead of ? And lost picks.

At least with Mack you got something tangible that makes a difference every game. That was money invested in talent. Sometimes with like Julio Jones a trade-up can work, but man its a rough habit, and sometimes you gotta just see if everyone else see's it the same as you...maybe Montgomery just falls to you there.

Its clearly an toxic ego sign, to be so confident in yourself it has to be "the one guy." We all think we can pick the one guy, but I've learned in Vegas you just can't overcome bad math. Nobody can out pick bad math, poor strategy, long term.

We all think we know the right guy. We all do better if you trade back and give us two chances.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Get a goddamn o-line and another quality NT!!

This off-season. Please. For the love of God!!

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The absolute fucked up thing, and crazy thing, and reason that sometimes the even keel patient and understanding approach can work like it does with Pittsburgh.

So like...Pace will probably go get a QB, o-line, and NT.

Right? Right? Like you would think he knows now. Right? So...after these positions burning a hole in our stability for 2 years...Pace is finally on our level. He finally knows Bears pain and is like...ok I'm gonna get QB, o-line, NT...and another multi-purpose back.

Ok..cool. Young guy. Learning. He has great hair. I'm with you.

But if Pace gets fired...the learning curve will start over and the McCaskey's will tire before the next GM and Coach figure out how to win at Soldier field. Rinse repeat.

So...I'm cool with patience. The unknown won't be where we are or understand the team.

I think it comes down to the locker room in these situations. Covid is a little bitch, and Pace has a contract, so lets calm down...he can learn too...for Nagy...has he lost the locker room?

Isn't that the question? Does Nagy have his players support or are they talking and rebelling? How does he handle it? Does he win them back quickly? That could be good. This losing streak is partially schedule.

And as we have said....no playbook looks good with a bad o-line. They need to figure it out and the effort and love needs to return. The season isn't over.

Reactions: Myk

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
I shouldn't be able to tell you before the season, last season, before last season, before the season before last...

that you should invest in the o-line and stop trading up because you need those picks and more, trade back.
What did it really get us we wouldn't have gotten instead?

Montgomery instead of Harris? Loss and lost picks.
Miller instead of ? and lost picks.
Trubisky instead of ? And lost picks.

At least with Mack you got something tangible that makes a difference every game. That was money invested in talent. Sometimes with like Julio Jones a trade-up can work, but man its a rough habit, and sometimes you gotta just see if everyone else see's it the same as you...maybe Montgomery just falls to you there.

Its clearly an toxic ego sign, to be so confident in yourself it has to be "the one guy." We all think we can pick the one guy, but I've learned in Vegas you just can't overcome bad math. Nobody can out pick bad math, poor strategy, long term.

We all think we know the right guy. We all do better if you trade back and give us two chances.

The only qualification is IF the trade back is there. IF we could've avoided Smith the year after Trubisky and traded back we could've had 2 oline that all likely picks (for a sane GM) are having pretty good careers. That one move could've fixed 90% of the offensive problems and then we'd have some validity in saying Mitch still sucks.

Sort of along the lines of after Emery/Trestman actually tried for an offense Cutler still sucked, although I think that was more the time Cutler spent without an offense with the Bears plus some of the reason the Cutler trade was made available in the first place.

Forty-six

Liked Posts:
If Trubisky is not on the Bears next year where do you think he would go and what would his role be?

A. Starter for another team. If so, which team?
B. Backup for another team.
C. Out of professional football.

My feeling is he'd be a backup on another team but has no shot at starting for any other organization.

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
Nagy will have to take a few levels of demotion if he wants to stick around the league after this season. Who would want someone like this in the same building as your franchise QB, as an offensive coordinator or QB coach.

Even a QB coach would be pushing it. This guy literally said he doesn’t work on fundamentals lol

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
If Trubisky is not on the Bears next year where do you think he would go and what would his role be?

A. Starter for another team. If so, which team?
B. Backup for another team.
C. Out of professional football.

My feeling is he'd be a backup on another team but has no shot at starting for any other organization.

Winning a super bowl with the patriots

Chris Sojka

Liked Posts:
Get a goddamn o-line and another quality NT!!

This off-season. Please. For the love of God!!

Dude....Goldman is a really good N and McCullers has elevated this defense in run protection like you wouldn’t believe. Shut down Henry and Cook the best RVs in the league next to the guy in New Orleans....

you’ve already got him on the team.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Dude....Goldman is a really good N and McCullers has elevated this defense in run protection like you wouldn’t believe. Shut down Henry and Cook the best RVs in the league next to the guy in New Orleans....

you’ve already got him on the team.
I saw it. A 6'7" 350 monster from Pittsburgh who understands his assignment and upgraded Roquan Smith into a devastating tackling machine the second he walked on the field.

I agree. But now you have to extend Goldman or find another one.

My pussy got wet when I saw McCullers ignore the running lane and just completely wipe his OG out of the play for others to easily clean up. Totally on board with you. Dude is freak strong.

Chris Sojka

Liked Posts:
I saw it. A 6'7" 350 monster from Pittsburgh who understands his assignment and upgraded Roquan Smith into a devastating tackling machine the second he walked on the field.

I agree. But now you have to extend Goldman or find another one.

My pussy got wet when I saw McCullers ignore the running lane and just completely wipe his OG out of the play for others to easily clean up. Totally on board with you. Dude is freak strong.

I actually have Brent Urban and Daniel McCullers draft topics saying we should draft them. They do specific things at an elite level. Not multiple things at a high level with one elite trait.

Urban is a volleyball player. He is aguy who reads the line like a volleyball net a bats passes. He also is tough because his athleticism allows him to shed blocks and move laterally.

McCullers is just pure, raw power. He collapses the guards regardless of the situation. Resetting the LOS at least one yard backwards for an offense. Pass rushing lanes get created, pockets get tighter and running lanes get shortened and squeezed. He does one thing better than every DT in the league. Use his size