2020 NBA Offseason Moves Thread (FREE AGENCY)

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
When Jordan is already known as a poor Executive, and then makes a move like this. Just adds to his portfolio.

that’s fair but nba is just a different animal when it comes to judging an executive IMO. It’s the ultimate player league where the big time players are the real gms of the team. It’s hard to really trash anyone from small market teams when they’re drafting for the big markets. Then you get the real two dumpster fire franchises with the bulls and knicks in big markets but ownership has turned off players. Look at the pistons off season. Pretty active and you’re still left with a meh feel after cause they can’t land big fishes.

in baseball it’s budgets that can’t be matched from team to team. There is no sport with parity like football and also you see small market teams landing the stars. NHL players will go anywhere to land a pay check lol.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
It seemed like the Celtics played worse when Haywood was back in the lineup. With the way Tatum and Brown developed, he seemed like a hinderance. I'd also be willing to say that about Kemba Walker as well. That's why I think the rumor about him being traded to the Bulls was a trial balloon for another deal in the future.

FWIW, I don't have any numbers necessarily on that. I'm just going by the eye test. Tatum is going to be an MVP very soon, and Brown is a perfect #2 (not that this means anything, but Brown is my favorite non-Chicago Bull in the league). Just seems like having Haywood and Walker on the roster is a negative for those two in the long run.

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
After seeing the hayward and fox deals, I hope people finally stop complaining about lavines contract. 20 mil a year doesn’t seem like so much when you put it in perspective. I’m sure Zach is licking his chops to get to FA again

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
Max contracts are 40 mil a year now so yeah 20 mil a year is bum money now. F being a football player if I had a kid I would definitely hope they can play nba ball even the backups get generational wealth lol

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
After seeing the hayward and fox deals, I hope people finally stop complaining about lavines contract. 20 mil a year doesn’t seem like so much when you put it in perspective. I’m sure Zach is licking his chops to get to FA again
I never thought Lavine's deal was bad in the first place.

It was no secret at the time the cap was going to explode.

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
I never thought Lavine's deal was bad in the first place.

It was no secret at the time the cap was going to explode.

yep, agreed. Just noticed several on here and other places complaining about it

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
that’s fair but nba is just a different animal when it comes to judging an executive IMO. It’s the ultimate player league where the big time players are the real gms of the team. It’s hard to really trash anyone from small market teams when they’re drafting for the big markets. Then you get the real two dumpster fire franchises with the bulls and knicks in big markets but ownership has turned off players. Look at the pistons off season. Pretty active and you’re still left with a meh feel after cause they can’t land big fishes.

in baseball it’s budgets that can’t be matched from team to team. There is no sport with parity like football and also you see small market teams landing the stars. NHL players will go anywhere to land a pay check lol.

The NHL is highly competitive and fair with a tight cap. Attrition is extreme. Dynasties are rare. And the cap is low enough where the small markets can cycle competitively and peak their salary with ebs and flows.

Players will go anywhere specifically because of how competitive it is. A huge population end up settling for league minimums or close to because every team is so tight to the cap.

The NBA and Baseball could be called "uncompetitive." The NHL is far closer to the NFL parity than to either.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
He was a player I was hoping wouldn't re-sign so we could have a shot at him eventually now that we have competent coaching.
No player off their rookie contract rejects a max contract.

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
I just don't get how the NBA, owners and such, figure with closed arenas and over-all a lag in revenue from dropped popularity...... mind blown.

They are truly living in a bubble, covid or not.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I just don't get how the NBA, owners and such, figure with closed arenas and over-all a lag in revenue from dropped popularity...... mind blown.

They are truly living in a bubble, covid or not.
Not our problem?

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Something tells me to not worry about the owners any

Dragon Slayer