Trevathan has been better of late but check this out.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
ILB passer rating allowed, minimum 25 targets...

1. Nick Kwiatkoski, Raiders: 50.9

2. Myles Jack, Jaguars: 63.0

3. Fred Warner, 49ers: 64.4

4. Roquan Smith, Bears: 65.0

After he got enough reps, he made up for any early pass D issues with good reads and anticipation and that showed here before we let him go.

Poor decision on which to keep by Pace.

That said, he's only played about 1/2 their games from a ding to start the year and not sure where the stats came from so could be a bit dubious. Point is more that pass pro was clearly not a greater liability with him than Trevathan and we all know how stout and dynamic the younger Kwiat is against the run.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
I agree that it appears that Pace signed the wrong ILB. That said, I don't think anyone believes NK is a stud against the pass. When the contracts came out and they were near identical, the choice by Pace was a real head scratcher.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

After he got enough reps, he made up for any early pass D issues with good reads and anticipation and that showed here before we let him go.

That said, he's only played about 1/2 their games from a ding to start the year and not sure where the stats came from so could be a bit dubious. Point is more that pass pro was clearly not a greater liability with him than Trevathan and we all know how stout and dynamic the younger Kwiat is against the run.

Yeah I wanted to sign Kwia and pointed out he played better than both DT and Smith last year. I guess PFF gets it right sometimes.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
I dont trust PFF ratings......also Trevathan is the QB of the defense, play caller audble, etc.....

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Yeah I wanted to sign Kwia and pointed out he played better than both DT and Smith last year. I guess PFF gets it right sometimes.
Well, you could also say that about Run and Sho... nah
:speechless:

greg23

Liked Posts:
Kwit looked much better last yest than DT and he's virtually interchangeable with Smith meaning that you could blitz either (and kwit looked great when blitzing) and the other is great in defending the pass because both can run.

While looking better lately its still clear that dy best days are behind him; he's older; and can't run like he use to (or like kwit)

At the same length and term it was a complete failure to pick DT.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I dont trust PFF ratings......also Trevathan is the QB of the defense, play caller audble, etc.....
I don't either and the sample size is only 4 games or so but in this case it's simply an opening to what we saw last year. Kwiat was actually good/better in pass pro and more stout against the run.

Last edited:

legendxofxlink

Whistle Dixie
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nashville Predators
  1. ETSU Buccaneers
  2. Tennessee Volunteers
Pace got strong armed by the coaches, Nagy/Pagano constantly heave praises on Danny, but Pace loves keeping his draft picks... Looks like the coaches won this one.
Kwiatkowski is the leader of the Raiders defense now, per Gruden, and Trevathan is on his last leg already. They signed close to identical contracts. Absolute terrible move, almost as bad as signing Quinn.

Dragon Slayer

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Pace has to figure out how to let aging players walk as much as it sucks. 1 year too early is better than 1 year too late (which is going to be the case with Leno/Massie)

Bust

Liked Posts:
I agree that it appears that Pace signed the wrong ILB. That said, I don't think anyone believes NK is a stud against the pass. When the contracts came out and they were near identical, the choice by Pace was a real head scratcher.

Pagano probably preferred DT.

Most gms are going to listen to the coaches.

Mdbearz

Liked Posts:
DT has had injury issues and NK, was starting to figure it out against the Pass, but was always stout against the run...

Kwik, Shaheen, Burton, Floyd are all doing better else where....and that happens sometimes, but it seems like this year Pace/Nagy made some moves to try and improve things and might have actually made them worse.

Floyd, Kwik and Amos all could have improved this defense, all three were drafted by the Bears, yet we replaced them with guys that are more expensive (or the same) and are not living up to expectations.

That is how you put a team in a bad cap situation, because we are now stuck with a contract that benefits the player, and not the team.

ChiKhan

QB1
Liked Posts:
To be fair Kwik and the Raiders defense just let the Chiefs have the most first downs in franchise history.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange

Not all of us thought Kwiat was bad against the pass...ahem ahem.

Since we're talking about ILB's lets look at the garbage site PFF is....@remydat

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange

You were also one of the biggest shit talkers about how bad Kwiat was against the pass which he wasn't....shocker.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
To be fair Kwik and the Raiders defense just let the Chiefs have the most first downs in franchise history.

And Kelce ate him alive. (As he does to most people)

That being said, I'd still rather have him than DT

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Somebody is an injustice collector.