MN's defensive performance against Dallas shows how bad the Bear's offense is

KOTC2

Liked Posts:
And not just the game last night, even though MN beat Detroit and GB prior to the Bears, they gave up over 400 yards of offense both times. Hell they gave up almost 500 yards to Atlanta prior to those games. Bet they wish they could play the Bears every week.

msadows

Liked Posts:
And not just the game last night, even though MN beat Detroit and GB prior to the Bears, they gave up over 400 yards of offense both times. Hell they gave up almost 500 yards to Atlanta prior to those games. Bet they wish they could play the Bears every week.

Well, they have a thing called a mediocre offensive line.

You can win games with one of those. Pretty hard to do anything on offense in the league with the worst oline in the league. I'm sure every defense is excited to play this group of scrubs, you could probably get pressure on the regular by sending 3 guys.

Penny Traitor

バカでも才能は一つ
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
The Vikings were a new low for Nagy's O.

That defense was giving up over 400 yards in the air per game going into that Monday.

Bears couldn't even pull off half that.

JesusHalasChrist

N.eg it from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'd say this is the last nail in the coffin but the coffin has been sealed and buried for weeks.

msadows

Liked Posts:
The Vikings were a new low for Nagy's O.

That defense was giving up over 400 yards in the air per game going into that Monday.

Bears couldn't even pull off half that.

Ohh trust me, I'm sure everyone on that team knows it too.

The titans suck against the pass too. We couldn't do shit to them.

Anytime45

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
I had no idea how bad the Bears offense was until i saw that game.

Montucky

Liked Posts:
If you watched that Eagles-Jets this week you would see that there is still room to get worse. As bad as the Bears are, this isn't the bottom. Keep that in mind before you go begging for change everywhere.

Also the Lions got literally shut out by the Panthers.

legendxofxlink

Whistle Dixie
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nashville Predators
  1. ETSU Buccaneers
  2. Tennessee Volunteers
Bears offense isn’t bad, it’s historically one of the worst offenses of all time. Variables like the special teams giving them great field position and the defense playing amazing for 3 quarters every game have to be taken into account. They’re setup for success until their cleats hit the turf.

Montucky

Liked Posts:
The Bears aren't even a bottom five offense in the NFL right now. Have you watched the Eagles, Jets, Browns, Lions, Falcons, Broncos or Bengals this year?

Mdbearz

Liked Posts:
I don't think Nagy gets fired during the season, but I could see a blowout by the Packers as a final straw to make the decision.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I have to agree with the main point of OP and Montucky.

The Bears are a broken, dysfunctional piece of shit offense right now. Something is wrong with the blocking scheme, with the run/pass balance from certain formations, with the playcalling...

and the o-line is a complete mess, neglected for half a decade except with a starting guard here and there. And our guards always get hurt for some reason?! So they aren't helping us now.

I believe if you put a massive investment into the o-line they wouldn't be getting beat like a drum by over zealoous d-line and hurt all the time.

You have to overpower the line of scrimmage on both sides of the ball just to keep up. Its an every year investment due to extreme personal and team atrition.

If you aren't a "draft pick" factory like Baltimore, N.E., 49ers...then you aren't going to make it.

We passed on Michael Jordan for Mitch Trubisky, and unfortunately, that probably tells the Bears story for 15 years.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
MN's defense is nearly last agains the pass despite having a ground control time of possession offense chewing clock. They are terrible.

I knew Dalton was good enough with fucking Gallop, Cooper, and Lamb going up there. They got some linebackers back, fixed a d-line issue and earned that win by fighting Cook and the outside zone tooth and nail for 60 minutes.

They fought hard all game. Forcing cook to take 2 and 3 tries on 1st and short and goal. They didn't even have great success...they just slowed him down enough to let Dalton work on the Vikings pass defense enough, and once they took the pass away, Elliot/Pollard took advantage..

We don't match up well with the Vikings unfortunately.
They have a major flaw on offense, and a major flaw on defense but we are not set-up to exploit either so we have to play them straight up and they are a bitch that way.

Montucky

Liked Posts:

The Bears are a broken, dysfunctional piece of shit offense right now. Something is wrong with the blocking scheme, with the run/pass balance from certain formations, with the playcalling...

and the o-line is a complete mess, neglected for half a decade except with a starting guard here and there. And our guards always get hurt for some reason?! So they aren't helping us now.

I believe if you put a massive investment into the o-line they wouldn't be getting beat like a drum by over zealoous d-line and hurt all the time.

You have to overpower the line of scrimmage on both sides of the ball just to keep up. Its an every year investment due to extreme personal and team atrition.

If you aren't a "draft pick" factory like Baltimore, N.E., 49ers...then you aren't going to make it.

We passed on Michael Jordan for Mitch Trubisky, and unfortunately, that probably tells the Bears story for 15 years.
Get a decent coach in here, even someone like John Fox, with two new players on the OL (Center and LT) and bringing back Daniels & Cohen from injury makes Bears an average offense. Probably somewhere on the lower end of the middle third around the league, and that's assuming Allen Robinson is as good as gone.

Bears have a big draft this year and, lucky us, the year we were finally going to pay the piper in free agency is a year where half the league is also just as fucked due to the COVID cap crunching.

I do believe the bolded is massively true. And a lot of the problems we have now with the Bears is because the Mack and Trubisky trades sapped this team of five draft picks. Then you have the cumulative effect of trading up for Miller and Montgomery also costing us valuable draft capital. But, Pace resisted the urge to move up in 2019 so it looks like he might be learning a thing or two. If we can get a nice big nine player draft class in here things will look way, way better.

msadows

Liked Posts:

N.E. has actually been drafting terrible the last decade, Billy Hoody actually just got called out about that, other than that, I agree with all your takes.

Until proven otherwise, I have a feeling we could have drafted michael jordan and turned him into sam bowie.

This franchise has never developed a QB, and this regime hasn't developed one offensive player during its 3 year stint. Shit, they've pretty much all regressed.

SlickWilly

Team Ignore Member #2
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Detroit Pistons
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
I don't need to watch Minny's D against any other team to know the Bears O is shit. Anyone with a pair of eyes can see this.

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
Depressing to think how good this team could be with just an average offense. ?

94c4lt1

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Get a decent coach in here, even someone like John Fox...

Welp! We've hit an all time low when we are pining for the days of John Fox haha

Time to pack it up fellas. As a reminder:

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">John Fox should be fired on the spot (and sent to the sun) for a mistake of that magnitude.</p>&mdash; Rob Pizzola (@robpizzola) <a href=" ">November 12, 2017</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

dweebs19

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Y'all only realized the offense sucked? You didn't see this against the terrible Saints pass defense? Or the Titans pass defense?