Do you think it might be a good idea to throw big money at Rodgers or Tom Brady when they retire?

Zion

Magitek Knight
Liked Posts:
I think this franchise would benefit from having a HOF QB in the organization. We can't find one to put on the field, so why not wait for a Peyton Manning/Tom Brady type to retire and bring them in as a consultant or in some other FO or management role and just have them hang around the organization. Maybe some of their insight, habits, etc. will rub off on the organization by osmosis. At this point I don't even care that Aaron Rodgers is this team's Darth Vader. We've reached desperation point with this franchise and rivalry or no rivalry, I'd try to bring Rodgers in after he hangs up the cleats to teach this franchise a thing or two about effective quarterbacking. He has decades of experience watching and dissecting what the Bears do wrong.

Rob219_CBMB

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
that would be a dirty joke...no way either of those two would come here.

The_Shadow

Simply a Bears fan
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
That has been the problem in Chicago as it is. Luring aging veterans there to get one more payday. A big no from me. Bringing in has beens is no way to run a successful team.
Do you think Tampy Bay is getting their 25 million worth this year with a 43 year old Brady?
If the Bears ever hired that douche bag Radgers to be a Bear could be the tipping point for me to give up 40 something years of Bear fandom. I said the same about Favre back when too.
Kansas City tried that crap with Montana...how did that turn out?

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers

Zion

Magitek Knight
Liked Posts:
Whether or not me or another dude didn't get the reading part right, this is a straight up shit topic, thread and the OP should feel ashamed, it's fucking meatball gargling stupid.

What is stupid about it? I don't see how it could hurt. This franchise has nothing to lose. Brady/Rodgers know more about QB'ing than anyone else in this entire organization. I'd have thought that was obvious.

Anytime45

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
@WestCoastBearsFan mentioned this late last night with Peyton Manning.

I'd love to see Rodgers run the Bears just to see meatballs go nuts.

Anytime45

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
You'd go nuts as he doesn't draft the next Phomes .... Dudes on here no better than the dirtlickers on twitter.
If you're this shook from CCS and Twitter, i'm afraid to say you're not built for the real world. Whos the boss? Sure as shit aint you.

Rob219_CBMB

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
beat us up for their entire careers and then ask them to come fuck us up some some more from the inside... (y) :poop:

Zion

Magitek Knight
Liked Posts:
@WestCoastBearsFan mentioned this late last night with Peyton Manning.

I'd love to see Rodgers run the Bears just to see meatballs go nuts.

I'd honestly rather Rodgers pick our next QB than Ryan Pace. I know there are still Pace homers somewhere out there on Twitter who think Pace is good, but c'mon...a HOF QB comes to Halas Hall and starts scouting your QB picks, are you going to not listen to him? I would take their insight very seriously.

Anytime45

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
You think im shook? I'm laughing at people like you on the internet talking about shook ... lol

Settle down sparky, you'll blow your one gasket getting riled up on a Monday like that ... Shook?

:NomNom:
Weird that the guy who just whined about dirtlickers on twitter says i'm riled up but you do you, boss.

Anytime45

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
You bothered by me talking about dirt lickers ... I'd say lil triggered, but that's okay, it's good to know that some dude on the net doesn't like my take.

As for the 'you do you' thing, who else am I meant to do? ... Think before you type homeslice.

?
So boring. Hope you survive the internet.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
What is stupid about it? I don't see how it could hurt. This franchise has nothing to lose. Brady/Rodgers know more about QB'ing than anyone else in this entire organization. I'd have thought that was obvious.

So does Elway, how's that lookin?

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
If we had something to lose I might take this point, but we don't. What we've been doing for decades hasn't worked either.

Just because they were great as players doesn't mean they'll be great scouts. There are multiple examples across multiple sports that prove this.

Zion

Magitek Knight
Liked Posts:
Just because they were great as players doesn't mean they'll be great scouts. There are multiple examples across multiple sports that prove this.

I'm not saying it's a surefire foolproof plan, but if Tom Brady or Aaron Rodgers want to offer some insight to help the Bears are you seriously going to close your ears to them? I think that's foolish. This organization has been dying to bring in a HOF QB for a long time now. It wouldn't hurt to hire one in any capacity at this point. As a QB coach, as a FO scout, hell as a team ambassador. I honestly don't care. Just bring one in and listen to him every now and then.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
I'm not saying it's a surefire foolproof plan, but if Tom Brady or Aaron Rodgers want to offer some insight to help the Bears are you seriously going to close your ears to them? I think that's foolish. This organization has been dying to bring in a HOF QB for a long time now. It wouldn't hurt to hire one in any capacity at this point. As a QB coach, as a FO scout, hell as a team ambassador. I honestly don't care. Just bring one in and listen to him every now and then.

Or just find a good GM that has a good scouting team.

BBBF

Liked Posts:
No. HOF players do not do a great job of finding or coaching other players that do not have the same skill set. I'd rather have someone that barely hung on with a team because he lacked the physical talent and relied on brains and technique.