Can we stop acting like Pagano is the major issue on defense?

msadows

Liked Posts:
Dude fangio had the defense playing at a top 10 level before the Mack trade. This defense would be infinitely better with Vic

That defense was 2nd in pressures, and had the best slot corner in the league.

This defense barely gets to the QB and has the worst slot corner in the league + the worst corner depth.

Thats not even mentioning that eddie jackson/danny T have significantly dropped in level of play.

msadows

Liked Posts:
I just laugh that people think the difference between this defense being good or not is scheme. Pagano being more aggressive isn't going to change anything. Instead of teams taking 5 minutes to score on us they'll just take 2. Thats all.

We don't have the talent to put our corners on an island. Eddie is terrible in pass d this year. Danny T is horrible at pass D this year.

msadows

Liked Posts:
This is either a troll thread or op is straight up Special person

No, just most of you wouldn't have an intelligent football thought without hearing it from the media.

I, unlike most of you, base my opinions on things I see happening on tape. The media usually follows suite multiple weeks later, and then the idiot meatballs, like you, follow after that.

Pagano is the new scapegoat of this year, but if you watch he's not the one missing tackles and playing soft as fuck out there.

Pagano is not a great DC, but he's not the reason this D is bad.

Bolek

Liked Posts:
Youre crazy dude. This defense is loaded with all pro level talent at every level. The money invested in this defensive roster is 2/3rds of our salary cap. This unit is not playing up to its talent level or money invested. Ever since Pagano took over, it has been stadilly declining.

msadows

Liked Posts:
Weird seeing the guy who keeps telling us that Pace is better than BB also say that theres a talent issue on defense even though Pace has invested more money into that side of the ball than any team in the nfl.

OP loves to take virtually every single stance on every single topic so he always can say hes right.

Difference is BB drafted poorly. Which is fact.

Pace was hitting home runs on the defensive side. Difference is, goldman sitting out hurts us majorly in the run game. Eddie declining hurts us majorly in the pass game. Skrine being the worst cb in the league hurts us majorly in the pass game. In 2018 we had the best DB's in football, now we have a bunch of scrubs.

msadows

Liked Posts:
Youre crazy dude. This defense is loaded with all pro level talent at every level. The money invested in this defensive roster is 2/3rds of our salary cap. This unit is not playing up to its talent level or money invested. Ever since Pagano took over, it has been stadilly declining.

Uhh, so is pagano the one playing out there?

Money doesn't mean shit. Eddie is playing soft as fuck and avoiding tackles. Check out his passer rating against, its one of the worst in the league for a free safety.

Gipson is worse than Amos/HaHa

We went from the best slot corner in the league to the worst from callahan to skrine.

Danny T has significantly fallen off.

Eddie Goldman is one of the best at his position in the league. We have no real nose tackle. We've been rotating random bodies all season and trying to peg Bilal into there as well from time to time. He's not a nose.

We have zero corner depth.

Khalil mack is having the worst season of his career.

Quinn is virtually non existant.

But yea, lets keep blaming it on the DC.

Eventually the players have to come and play. They haven't. The talent is lacking this year.

msadows

Liked Posts:
Once again, the complaint I keep seeing is that pagano is too passive. Doesn't blitz enough.

Do any of you even have any football IQ? When you have shitty db's and only one linebacker who can cover you can't blitz all the time. Good qb's in this league will tear you up.

msadows

Liked Posts:
Defense gets minimal pressures, has the worst FS and slot corner in the league....yup, lets blame the DC.

Anytime45

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Difference is BB drafted poorly. Which is fact.

Pace was hitting home runs on the defensive side. Difference is, goldman sitting out hurts us majorly in the run game. Eddie declining hurts us majorly in the pass game. Skrine being the worst cb in the league hurts us majorly in the pass game. In 2018 we had the best DB's in football, now we have a bunch of scrubs.
BB as a GM built a dynasty that will never be seen ever again. Ryan Pace built a 6, soon to be 7 year rebuild before his contract runs out and theres a re-rebuild.

msadows

Liked Posts:
BB as a GM built a dynasty that will never be seen ever again. Ryan Pace built a 6, soon to be 7 year rebuild before his contract runs out and theres a re-rebuild.

Yea, he did that in the 2000's.

I was discussing 2010 and on. But okay.

Once again, you're giving me shit for things you can look up yourself. Not once did I call BB a bad coach, I called out his recent draft record, which all of NE is doing too.

Since 2010 BB has a very very lackluster draft record. Might be the worst in the league, tbh. Does that take away his accomplishments? No, but it doesn't change the fact he's sucked at drafting.

greg23

Liked Posts:
Its all of the above

Most of the highly paid players have sucked (Quinn, Mack, Jackson)

We're missing Goldman

Our DB depth is poor and the slot corner position has killed us

AND

Pagano has sucked. He's super passive and his schemes show it (3-4 man rush, soft coverage behind it).

Very little is confusing or exotic and the opposing qb never seem confused or in a hurry.....thats a problem

msadows

Liked Posts:
Its all of the above

Most of the highly paid players have sucked (Quinn, Mack, Jackson)

We're missing Goldman

Our DB depth is poor and the slot corner position has killed us

AND

Pagano has sucked. He's super passive and his schemes show it (3-4 man rush, soft coverage behind it).

Very little is confusing or exotic and the opposing qb never seem confused or in a hurry.....thats a problem

Once again, we can't put our db's on an island. We have one special DB, the rest(I'll give JJ a pass since he's a rookie, his passer rating against is still bad) have sucked. Danny T has sucked.

The lack of pressure with our down 4 makes it pretty damn hard to blitz on a regular basis. Sure, I'd love to see him be more aggressive, but I'm fairly certain there is a reason he isn't. As in, we'd get beat like a drum if he did. Pagano was always known for being aggressive and blitzing a ton, my guess is that changed due to the personnel he has.

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:
Defense gets minimal pressures, has the worst FS and slot corner in the league....yup, lets blame the DC.
Yet under Fangio the “worst” FS in the league was one of the best FS in the league. He made a nobody at the slot position into a somebody. He had less or equal talent pass rushers and excelled at putting pressure on. Fangio leaving is the reason this defense has dropped off.

Spitta Andretti

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Uhh, so is pagano the one playing out there?

Money doesn't mean shit. Eddie is playing soft as fuck and avoiding tackles. Check out his passer rating against, its one of the worst in the league for a free safety.

Gipson is worse than Amos/HaHa

We went from the best slot corner in the league to the worst from callahan to skrine.

Danny T has significantly fallen off.

Eddie Goldman is one of the best at his position in the league. We have no real nose tackle. We've been rotating random bodies all season and trying to peg Bilal into there as well from time to time. He's not a nose.

We have zero corner depth.

Khalil mack is having the worst season of his career.

Quinn is virtually non existant.

But yea, lets keep blaming it on the DC.

Eventually the players have to come and play. They haven't. The talent is lacking this year.

Callahan is not and was not the best slot corner in the league

msadows

Liked Posts:
Yet under Fangio the “worst” FS in the league was one of the best FS in the league. He made a nobody at the slot position into a somebody. He had less or equal talent pass rushers and excelled at putting pressure on. Fangio leaving is the reason this defense has dropped off.

Except Eddie was fine last year.....he had a 57 passer rating against. It's doubled this year.

Skrine was okay last year, he's terribad this year.

This is a result of a lot of things, #1 being zero pressures, as I mentioned. Outside of the past few weeks this team was terrible getting pressure. We were 3rd worst in the league before that texans game.

The scheme didn't change. What changed is that we have zero pass rush against good teams. What changed is that we have a rookie teams pick on, and our slot corner/FS tandem are both playing like dogshit. What changed is we dont have kwiat anymore and Danny T is playing like he's an old man.

msadows

Liked Posts:
Callahan is not and was not the best slot corner in the league

Stats disagree with you. In 2018 he was very much one of the best, if not the best. He's also playing very well this year, arguably the best slot corner, while skrine is the worst.

Callahan has a 47.7 passer rating against this year. Skrine has a 125.7. I'm not good with numbers, but I'm pretty sure thats like....a lot worse.

msadows

Liked Posts:
he's played 10 games in 2 seasons. but yeah, hes the best

Injuries have nothing to do with talent. It's why we let him go. Skrine is available all the time and he sucks, least when bryce does play he's elite.