Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
  2. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Might as well try to trade all you can, load up on draft picks for the incoming staff.

msadows

Liked Posts:
Might as well try to trade all you can, load up on draft picks for the incoming staff.

Honestly, if we got rid of nagy/pace this would have been the situation I would have loved.

Zero chance this happens with pace at the helm this season on a contract year.

Its unfortunate, because this team needs to rebuild at this point.

SlickWilly

Team Ignore Member #2
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Detroit Pistons
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
His worst draft was the 2005 draft.

While needing a quarterback badly, he drafted Cedric Benson with the 4th pick, the highest player drafted by the Bears since Dan Hampton, when you had a decent running group of running backs. Benson held out for 36 days. They passed on Aaron Rodger......AARON RODGERS!

They just drafted Grossman two years before that and seen him play a grand total of 5 and half games in two years. They weren't going to give up on him that soon. I 100% guarantee you and everyone that complains about not drafting Rodgers were not pining to draft him at that time.

Starion

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
1610523368037.png

Conspiracy Theory:
- Brass considers Nagy a lame duck for the next year, saves on his and Pace's $$, and TANKS* for a high pick in 2022 when less teams are also clamoring for a QB.

- New GM & Coach THEN pick their QB + fill remaining holes with higher picks as roster is lightly pruned now and filled with cheap rentals to build later cap space & pick up a few future picks (compensatory + a trade or 2). This part might be hard with Pace around so don't expect too awful much.

- Bec no ammo and 20th pick, Pace has to settle for a 3rd Rd QB who won't contribute much if at all yr 1. Foles is back + a vet rental that also eats up cap space for a year.
OR
- Pace goes all out for a QB now and leaves a ton of holes elsewhere which also = tank, but screws the future & leads to a shit GB hire in 2022 who steps in with few picks. This cannot happen, even if CCS wants a QB now. Just my opinion.
- If Nagy stays, it's a tank year regardless.?‍♂️ Remaining players will try even less. Good FA's jet now. Wheels will fall off.

2021 will be a step back by design or by default due to dumb ass brass.

*It's crazy because it implies top brass actually HAS a plan and is willing to enact it in tough fashion.

Toast88

Liked Posts:

That's the opposite of what's going to happen now. Pace is going to load up on all of the temporary win-now assets he can. Expect draft picks to be traded for known commodities. Expect big money to be spent. Expect the Bears to be right up against the cap as they push all their chips in, which this team is absolutely in no position to do. This will not end well and will hamper the Bears for years.

wazzupi

Liked Posts:
Mac Jones at 20. OT in the 2nd WR in the third or fourth. the guy from north texas in the fourth might be a steal.

Leomaz

Pissing people off the right way!
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
  2. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
They just drafted Grossman two years before that and seen him play a grand total of 5 and half games in two years. They weren't going to give up on him that soon. I 100% guarantee you and everyone that complains about not drafting Rodgers were not pining to draft him at that time.
I seen him play in those games as well he went 3-3 with 3 tds and 4 interceptions and got injured both seasons...the writing was on the wall. They needed a quarterback not a running back. They fucked up.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
That's the opposite of what's going to happen now. Pace is going to load up on all of the temporary win-now assets he can. Expect draft picks to be traded for known commodities. Expect big money to be spent. Expect the Bears to be right up against the cap as they push all their chips in, which this team is absolutely in no position to do. This will not end well and will hamper the Bears for years.
Yup squandering picks and cap space plus restructures that will push money into future years. Good luck hiring a good gm/hc with those realities

LiverpoolBearsFAn

Liked Posts:
Imagine having a billion dollar company in an industry created by your grandfather and knowing nothing about that industry.

Sadly inheriting a business is no basis for you actually being any good at it. George seems a decent enough guy for a billionaire, but he doesn’t scream business or football savvy. Maybe even seems he is a bit too nice, and the reports about him retaining Nagy because he likes him would support that.

My other love is Liverpool FC, owned by Fenway Sports Group. John Henry is a very smart guy and his titles with the Red Sox and Liverpool (achieved after decades of failing) have been based on exceptional recruitment of GMs, coaches and back office teams to crunch the numbers and help make decisions.

The world of sports moved on a decade ago to a new age which is very analytics driven, and I have zero confidence that the Bears are up up speed with that side. George is just bumbling along doing his best but my guess is he is way behind the times.

The really smart owners employ people who know how to run things better then they do and to make the decisions, because most owners aren’t really qualified to do the job themselves. They should just oversee and be there to support when needed (just to sign the cheques as the great Bill Shankly said).

George has an accountant Ted Phillips and retired old school GM Ernie Accorsi advising him on who to recruit and how to run The Chicago Bears, one of the great US sports franchises. It’s just an old boys club.

Quite simply, until more switched on people are leading this organisation from the top of the structure it will continue to fail.

Last edited:

CAP BOSO

Liked Posts:
I donated to the poor, I helped old ladies across the street, I said my Hail Mary's, but it's pretty obvious I still went to hell. Why am I forsaken and made to endure this shit show????

LiverpoolBearsFAn

Liked Posts:
Sadly inheriting a business is no basis for you actually being any good at it. George seems a decent enough guy for a billionaire, but he doesn’t scream business or football savvy. Maybe even seems he is a bit too nice, and the reports about him retaining Nagy because he likes him would support that.

My other love is Liverpool FC, owned by Fenway Sports Group. John Henry is a very smart guy and his titles with the Red Sox and Liverpool (achieved after decades of failing) have been based on exceptional recruitment of GMs, coaches and back office teams to crunch the numbers and help make decisions.

The world of sports moved on a decade ago to a new age which is very analytics driven, and I have zero confidence that the Bears are up up speed with that side. George is just bumbling along doing his best but my guess is he is way behind the times.

The really smart owners employ people who know how to run things better then they do and to make the decisions, because most owners aren’t really qualified to do the job themselves. They should just oversee and be there to support when needed (just to sign the cheques as the great Bill Shankly said).

George has an accountant Ted Phillips and retired old school GM Ernie Accorsi advising him on who to recruit and how to run The Chicago Bears, one of the great US sports franchises. It’s just an old boys club.

Quite simply, until more switched on people are leading this organisation from the top of the structure it will continue to fail.

And if you doubted any of that...

1000ftditka!

Throbbing
Liked Posts:
Civilization, also known as Massachusetts
So only Chuck gets shown the door?! Wow. So comfortable with mediocrity the McCaskeys must be.

SlickWilly

Team Ignore Member #2
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Detroit Pistons
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
I seen him play in those games as well he went 3-3 with 3 tds and 4 interceptions and got injured both seasons...the writing was on the wall. They needed a quarterback not a running back. They fucked up.
Lol. You're so full of shit.