Let the Rumors Fly Watson Trade Theory

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Watson is not being traded.

The Bears wouldn't be able to put the best package together for him.

Watson is not coming to save this cluster F. Time to look at more realistic options.

bears26

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners
The Texas are probably going to want a very good player in return, especially since the Bears do not have a high enough draft pick. You can expect to see players like Roquan Smith and Kyle Fuller included in discussions.

Bears Backer 54

Liked Posts:
There is a part of me that thinks Pace would avoid this option simply because of the narrative on it. I can see it now on all the broadcasts where it shows all the picks he wasted to get Mitch (when he could've gotten Watson off the bat) and added to it all the picks he'd have to give up to get Watson now. It pretty much cements the narrative of a clueless GM and he is surely trying to avoid that scenario.

Leomaz

Pissing people off the right way!
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
  2. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
The Texas are probably going to want a very good player in return, especially since the Bears do not have a high enough draft pick. You can expect to see players like Roquan Smith and Kyle Fuller included in discussions.
Roquan isn’t going anywhere....kinda defeats your purpose. Unless you want to make the Bears Houston North

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:

no chance in Fuller. they arent taking on his age and contract

Unannounced Fart

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Southern California Trojans
Actually it’s very realistic. There are a few obstacles though and the hardest one in the no trade clause
I view the no trade clause as an asset rather than an obstacle. Reason being is that the Bears won't be able to put together an offer better than teams like the Jets, Jags, etc. But Watson can exercise his no trade clause and refuse to be traded to teams that can offer more.

Leomaz

Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
I view the no trade clause as an asset rather than an obstacle. Reason being is that the Bears won't be able to put together an offer better than teams like the Jets, Jags, etc. But Watson can exercise his no trade clause and refuse to be traded to teams that can offer more.
And he has to actually want to come to a team that passed on him.....he does have an ego.

Alpha Male

Liked Posts:
it would take two first round picks, rouquan and another player. Maybe jaylon johnson. Not sure if the bears have enough.

Leomaz

Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
it would take two first round picks, rouquan and another player. Maybe jaylon johnson. Not sure if the bears have enough.
You can’t make a trade for a person who I’d frustrated with his team and bring him to a team that is worse?

Alpha Male

Liked Posts:
They could redo his contract and save money.
The goal of trades like this is to get young players on cheap contracts and a boatload of picks. They wouldn't take on a mack, fuller or eddie jackson.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

Meh,

The Jags are actually a very intriguing team right now. 11 draft picks, including the #1 overall and another first rounder, and a shitload of cap space, in a year in which many teams are going to be completely out of the FA market.

Alpha Male

Liked Posts:
Meh,

The Jags are actually a very intriguing team right now. 11 draft picks, including the #1 overall and another first rounder, and a shitload of cap space, in a year in which many teams are going to be completely out of the FA market.
Bears could get your boy stafford.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
You can’t make a trade for a person who I’d frustrated with his team and bring him to a team that is worse?
But they aren't worse. You'd know this if you watched football.