Jamie Newman

msadows

Liked Posts:
Maybe

But rumors are he also opted out because he was gonna get benched for JT Daniels.

He's the only qb I like outside the top 6, and should be there in the 3rd round when we pick(hopefully).

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Maybe

But rumors are he also opted out because he was gonna get benched for JT Daniels.

He's the only qb I like outside the top 6, and should be there in the 3rd round when we pick(hopefully).

He had Trubisky- like struggles in camp, and it became known that he was not going to be the starter. The going got tough and he quit to protect his draft status

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Day 3 pick.

legendxofxlink

Whistle Dixie
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nashville Predators
  1. ETSU Buccaneers
  2. Tennessee Volunteers
Did Mr Ohio quit when he kept getting beat out? I don't think so. You might as well have kept Trubisky.

msadows

Liked Posts:
Man you guys overvalue the shit out of these quarterbacks

Jaime Newman
Davis Mills
Kellen Mond
OMG

Or we're looking for potential 2nd/3rd rounders they might take because the odds of any of the top 5 making it to #20 see slim to none.

mattb78

My threads are FTO !
Liked Posts:
Newman is just plain bad and I don't see him making an NFL roster. Day 3 selection IMO.

dentfan

No gods! No Masters!
Liked Posts:
Newman has the most upside of any qb outside of the top 5.

He also throws picks and has issues seeing the field.

He’s athletic and can run.

He’s what you get when you go bargain basement shopping with the Trasks, Mills, and Monds outside of the top 5.

So, with Detroit possibly taking the 5th of the top 5qbs, it’s looking like no qb this year.

msadows

Liked Posts:
Newman is just plain bad and I don't see him making an NFL roster. Day 3 selection IMO.

If deshone kizer can still be in the NFL so can Newman.

I also don't really expect much from him in the NFL, but crazier shit has happened. He def has some talent, I just don't think not playing was in his best interest.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Jamie Newman Scouting Report

Positives: Nice-sized pocket passer with an undeveloped game. Patient, buys as much time as necessary for receivers and stands strong against the rush. Possesses a compact throwing motion, a live arm, and throws tight spirals with speed. Displays a sense of timing on throws and does not have receivers waiting for the ball to arrive.

Natural-looking off the safety, spreads the ball around and uses all his targets. Remains poised as the pocket collapses around him, shows no sense of worry, and is quick bouncing it to the outside. Loses nothing throwing on the run and easily gets the ball downfield. Puts touch on throws and delivers a catchable ball. Effectively led the Wake Forest offense in 2019.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
If deshone kizer can still be in the NFL so can Newman.

I also don't really expect much from him in the NFL, but crazier shit has happened. He def has some talent, I just don't think not playing was in his best interest.

Well considering he was losing to a RB playing QB and a redneck midget named Stetson, he wasn't going to be playing anyway. And that didn't even include an injured JT Daniels

zabavka

The owls are not what they seem...
Liked Posts:
2nd or 3rd round pick huh?

Guy is on the street a month and a half after the draft.