CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Participation ribbon for them playing the game, sure. For us fans, no and guess what you aint playing the game. Either be great or suck. Being great doesnt mean you get to win it all every year but there are no trophies for being a participant.

Either be great or have a plan to get great. Being average is just a less bad version of awful
That tanking sure worked out for the 76ers.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I just want to take issue with this one point, because I've been someone who has talked about Sato:

I'm not suggesting that he should be starting over White, I'm only saying that Sato is a better PG than White. FTR, I believe in a positionless offense.
I still believe in a PG brain stem. My sports theory has settled into something of a zen balance philosophy. Like there are certain "types" of rebounds to be had out there. Low quick to the ball rebounds, and high near the rim, big bouncers...and different body types get to different rebounds.

I'll take an ecclectic team that does a little bit of everything everywhere and just fits together almost like basketball magic, over your positionless wing drones any day of the week.

Wing drones might run you 82 games nicely like a performance machine. Everybody plays the same, you become "positionless" and its easy.

But I don't see that come play-off time. Champions are still balanced and ecclectic, its hard work to bring together and the team that can do more things is able to tactically press their advantages on the biggest stage against the best.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
nba these days is all about the top tier players banding together to play in one city...nba players have the ultimate say in free agency compared to any other pro leagues.

no one wants to play in chicago

We need to find out if Ben Simmons would like that. Its different for him being from Australia. Bulls might be a Mecca and we need that type of PG to balance this core.

Him or Ball, imo, would do us wonders in balance and creativity, defense and rebounding.

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
I still believe in a PG brain stem. My sports theory has settled into something of a zen balance philosophy. Like there are certain "types" of rebounds to be had out there. Low quick to the ball rebounds, and high near the rim, big bouncers...and different body types get to different rebounds.

I'll take an ecclectic team that does a little bit of everything everywhere and just fits together almost like basketball magic, over your positionless wing drones any day of the week.

Wing drones might run you 82 games nicely like a performance machine. Everybody plays the same, you become "positionless" and its easy.

But I don't see that come play-off time. Champions are still balanced and ecclectic, its hard work to bring together and the team that can do more things is able to tactically press their advantages on the biggest stage against the best.

positionless basketball got Miami to the finals last season

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
Frustrating loss.
Donovan in post said a bit of what I said earlier this year. "this team just doesn't know how to win yet" which isn't a bad thing only reality. It's only a bad think if they never learn. it was quite refreshing though to have him actually come out and lay it on the table instead of dancing around and saying things like oh we just need to cut down on turnovers or make excuses about personnel who are missing, something like that. His simple statement puts a finger exactly on the fact that they're talented, finally learning how to play as a team, haven't had a lot of winning and need to learn how to do that now.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
positionless basketball got Miami to the finals last season

"Positionless basketball?" ... gee I just remember Jimmy Butler and grinning.

I think the bubble showcased their culture and work ethic. "Dragic" who is important to how they funciton, does not fit into a positionless basketball theory in my mind, nor does Abedeyo...

They have balance, shooters, and killers, but I think thats the last we see of them.

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers

I think the bubble showcased their culture and work ethic. "Dragic" who is important to how they funciton, does not fit into a positionless basketball theory in my mind, nor does Abedeyo...

They have balance, shooters, and killers, but I think thats the last we see of them.

Bam can definitely switch on picks and guard smaller guys. He’s extremely athletic and young. Miami went with bam, jimmy, Jae crowder, Tyler herro, and iguodala. Basically 4 guys all around the same size plus bam and all 5 guys could switch off on any pick and roll. It made their defense a lot better because of it. And it led to them taking giannis and Milwaukee down, plus taking out Boston on their way to the finals.

you can call it a “gimmick” or whatever if you wish, but coach Spo making that adjustment to positionless basketball in the bubble definitely influenced the playoffs

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Donovan in post said a bit of what I said earlier this year. "this team just doesn't know how to win yet" which isn't a bad thing only reality. It's only a bad think if they never learn.
Which is why I’m frustrated to read posts above. Just getting a star isn’t going to magically change things.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats

Master Debater

Liked Posts:
That tanking sure worked out for the 76ers.

You going around and white knighting for your boy on the internet no less over something I said isn't going to work out too well for you. What else would a normal (not you) person call someone spending all day chasing around another posters posts just to down vote them?

If I was an idiot I would say its an alt account but I'm not an idiot.

Master Debater

Liked Posts:
6th seed and severely under-experienced? Yeah, that's a massive success. When you're this young and in the middle of the pack, you aren't in purgatory anymore. IDK if this Bulls team takes the next step this season to put them into the lower chunk of playoff teams. But if they can do it and stay healthy, then we actually have something to build on. Without that step, it's looking more like a 9th seed, miss the playoffs and queue the bitch-fest for not tanking to get a better pick.

9th seed gets into the playin game or the playoffs this year. Its like some on this board have no ideas how many games we have played or how the league works with playoffs.

Master Debater

Liked Posts:
if the bulls were to get the 6th seed it would be a massively successful season. For this young team to take that big of a step forward would be impressive. Fuck outta here

Whats next? Will that make Reinsdork a great owner too? I mean since we are hell bent on apparently lowering the standards so everyone can be a "winner" (fucking soccer moms and baseball dads) who cares that his basketball team hasnt won a title in over 20 years?

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
You going around and white knighting for your boy on the internet no less over something I said isn't going to work out too well for you. What else would a normal (not you) person call someone spending all day chasing around another posters posts just to down vote them?

If I was an idiot I would say its an alt account but I'm not an idiot.
I'm sorry, but who am I white knighting for?

Master Debater

Liked Posts:
We need to find out if Ben Simmons would like that. Its different for him being from Australia. Bulls might be a Mecca and we need that type of PG to balance this core.

Him or Ball, imo, would do us wonders in balance and creativity, defense and rebounding.

Simmons sucks.

Hey I can shoot layups and thats it. Make me an overrated and overpaid hack!!

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Whats next? Will that make Reinsdork a great owner too? I mean since we are hell bent on apparently lowering the standards so everyone can be a "winner" (fucking soccer moms and baseball dads) who cares that his basketball team hasnt won a title in over 20 years?

lmao you’re trolling. This is a team with a bunch of 19-24 year old players. Getting the 6th seed would show development and potential to get better. But you’re trolling, so you’ll act like you don’t understand this and ramble on about not winning titles. You claim you should win titles or be the worst possible team. You realize no NBA teams just go from worst to first. They progress from worst to middle of the pack to the top. I guess those late 80’s Jordan teams were all failures since they didn’t win titles. Again...

:gfto:

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Better chance of teaching someone to be a star than lure them here.
1 year ago they would have had a problem luring a star here. I'm not necessarily sure that is true now. Never underestimate the plague that was GarPax. It might not happen in this next off-season, but the longer AKME is here, the more confident I would be in this executive team to bring in a star.

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
But I would agree that the systems seem to be in place to develop a player into a star.
Stars seem to be only making moves to teams with at least 2 other big names. I just don't think Zach is the "name" that someone is going to want to come too then beyond him who is the third? That's all these little bitches are doing is getting 2 stars together with a third horseman. Zach is super talented but he's not a name to build the tripower that the nba seems to look for these days. They are better off taking Zach, williams and whoever from the talented kids there and hopefully grow a 3 like happen in OKC with durant, westbrook harden.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Stars seem to be only making moves to teams with at least 2 other big names. I just don't think Zach is the "name" that someone is going to want to come too then beyond him who is the third? That's all these little bitches are doing is getting 2 stars together with a third horseman. Zach is super talented but he's not a name to build the tripower that the nba seems to look for these days. They are better off taking Zach, williams and whoever from the talented kids there and hopefully grow a 3 like happen in OKC with durant, westbrook harden.
I don't think Zach "has it." I don't think he'll be around when they are competitive in the East.