Jalen Hurts should be the goal this offseason

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
He absolutely liked Miller.

100%, but my job isn’t to be right. I watched 2 games of Miller’s on my lunch break.

Now that he has pretty much scrubbed out that goes down as a negative on Pace’s resume. It would be a negative no matter how many message board posters liked the move, why? Because professional GMs are held to a higher standard than posters on this website.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Should Ryan Pace be held to a higher standard of player evaluations than message board posters?

Leomaz

Pissing people off the right way!
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
  2. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Should Ryan Pace be held to a higher standard of player evaluations than message board posters?
Only the ones that thought the Bears should have drafted Mahomes or Watson.....and the ones that said “Who is Mitch Trubisky”

Last edited:

dennehy

Liked Posts:
The guys Pace trades up to select have a worse hit rate than the guys he doesn't trade up for:

Trubisky, Floyd, Miller, Gipson (undecided but both Mooney and Vildor look like better players). Are those the only ones?

I loved the Miller pick, the others I wasn't a huge fan of.

msadows

Liked Posts:
Non of us get paid to be right.

The fact that you constantly compare our GM to a bunch of guys shooting the shit on the internet is the problem.

Some day you may be smart enough to see that.

The difference between me and you is when I like I player, I admit I was wrong, and mention what a GM could have seen that was intriguing in that prospect.

There is a difference between a prospect vs. an NFL player. The high majority of prospects don't work out.

Just like most of CCS, you are unable to put aside recency bias. It's quite hilarious.

Once again, you can't like a player, think he's going to be a star, then go off on the GM calling him an idiot just 2 years later.

msadows

Liked Posts:
Only the ones that thought the Bears should have drafted Mahomes or Watson.....and the ones that said Who is Mitch Trubisky

Every bears fan knows we need a GM who gets every draft pick right.

We deserve a GM with a time machine. Or maybe one who can read tarot cards and can predict the future.

Why can't we find one like that?

msadows

Liked Posts:
The guys Pace trades up to select have a worse hit rate than the guys he doesn't trade up for:

Trubisky, Floyd, Miller, Gipson (undecided but both Mooney and Vildor look like better players). Are those the only ones?

I loved the Miller pick, the others I wasn't a huge fan of.

The majority of us liked the Miller pick. He was a legit prospect. He had a very good rookie season.

Some of us however act like they never did.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
The majority of us liked the Miller pick. He was a legit prospect. He had a very good rookie season.

Some of us however act like they never did.
Could you not embroil me in your little catfight please?

Thanks.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
So did i. I was all about Miller before the draft even got close to happening. I actually still think he could become a really good slot WR for a team that can get his head right but if he's gonna be a headcase like TO, BMarsh and A.Brown became then i don't want him anywhere near our locker room/team anyway.

I liked him too. He had great games that I watched against UCLA and in the AAC Championship against UCF. I didn’t realize he was such a reactionary knucklehead. He has talent but his focus and attention to detail are still lacking.

Leomaz

Pissing people off the right way!
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
  2. Notre Dame Fighting Irish

We deserve a GM with a time machine. Or maybe one who can read tarot cards and can predict the future.

I wonder if there is a NFL draft stat for Coaches and GM’s

I’d like to see Belichicks stat

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
The difference between me and you is when I like I player, I admit I was wrong, and mention what a GM could have seen that was intriguing in that prospect.

There is a difference between a prospect vs. an NFL player. The high majority of prospects don't work out.

Just like most of CCS, you are unable to put aside recency bias. It's quite hilarious.

Once again, you can't like a player, think he's going to be a star, then go off on the GM calling him an idiot just 2 years later.

Yes, we can.

Because he gets paid 3 million a year and leads a billion dollar company with an army of scouts and doctors. He gets to interview them, work them out, watch every snap he has ever played.

He should be held to an astronomically higher standard than you and I.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I liked him too. He had great games that I watched against UCLA and in the AAC Championship against UCF. I didn’t realize he was such a reactionary knucklehead. He has talent but his focus and attention to detail are still lacking.

You may have known that if you got to interview him, talk to his coaches, have a retired FBI agent do a background check, and brought him to workout at your facility.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

We deserve to have a GM who is not the longest tenured GM without a playoff win.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
The main difference between our approaches is that I don’t hold you to the same standards as an NFL GM.

I realize that you are a working guy watching YouTube clips on his lunch break like the rest of us.

I liked the Miller pick, but I have never met him and had no way of knowing he was as dumb as a bag of hammers.

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
Hurts was selected 53rd overall and has done nothing to suggest he is better than he was when he came out of college. In other words, his value has not gone up since then. I would not offer anything more than our 2nd for him.

msadows

Liked Posts:
Hurts was selected 53rd overall and has done nothing to suggest he is better than he was when he came out of college. In other words, his value has not gone up since then. I would not offer anything more than our 2nd for him.

I wouldn't offer anything for him, because he's not the answer.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
We deserve to have a GM who is not the longest tenured GM without a playoff win.

It is a bit more complicated than that. Let’s say they fired Pace. No real GM is going to take the job unless he has the call on Nagy.

Let’s say a new GM was hired and he fired Nagy. How do they sell the position to potential coaches when you just canned a guy that was 28-20 and went to the playoffs two out of three years? Does the new guy have to win a playoff game year one? How would any good candidate believe he would have a chance to build out his vision of the program?

No matter what you tell them in the interview, candidates would know this ownership group just fired a coach with a winning record and two playoff appearances in 3 years.

msadows

Liked Posts:
It is a bit more complicated than that. Let’s say they fired Pace. No real GM is going to take the job unless he has the call on Nagy.

Let’s say a new GM was hired and he fired Nagy. How do they sell the position to potential coaches when you just canned a guy that was 28-20 and went to the playoffs two out of three years? Does the new guy have to win a playoff game year one? How would any good candidate believe he would have a chance to build out his vision of the program?

No matter what you tell them in the interview, candidates would know this ownership group just fired a coach with a winning record and two playoff appearances in 3 years.

Also, what top GM candidate would want to come here considering our shitty Cap situation this year?

It's not an enticing job at the moment.

You'd basically be in a period of stasis as a GM for year 1 outside of the draft, and the draft would use Pace's scouts too because most new GM's year 1 use the current scouting team in place because there isn't enough time to build there own and scout everyone.

Next year, when pace's deal is up, you'll have fuller off the books, Mack, Quinn, Eddie, Leno, etc all capable of being cut. That is a lot lot more attractive to a prospective GM to have the potential to completely rebuild the roster from day one.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange

giphy.gif

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
I wonder if there is a NFL draft stat for Coaches and GM’s

I’d like to see Belichicks stat