Bears Hire Sean Desai as DC

Perspective

Liked Posts:
There is no such thing as a Geromimo Indian. They are referred to as such because Columbus thought he landed in India when he found America, and the term stuck. America was founded completely incidentally. They are Native American. It’s not a big deal just thought I’d correct a misconception as I am also a minority.

Also he is Indian, as in from the South Asian Continent. It also doesn’t mean he is Hindu, just like a white guy can be Catholic instead of Christian.

I also can’t tell if you were joking or not so if you were, disregard everything I just said.

India has Hindus, Muslims, Sikhs, Parsis, Jains, Buddhists etc

wklink

CBMB refugee
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Seattle Sounders FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
This is his chance to apply for a job later on. After the coaching staff is fired next year hopefully he can claim he improved the defense enough to make it relevant.

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:
Then why didn’t Fangio ever give him even one promotion.. not even one in four years
I don’t remember all 4 of those years but maybe Fangio had his staff in place already. We’re any promotions needed? Was he not ready for a promotion at that time?

baselman1974

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Pagano. coached the no 1 defense with Baltimore before getting an HC gig with Indy. He sucked ass with the Bears even though he has tons of experience.
Fresh, young eyes can make this defense better. That’s the trend. Give him a chance. The Bears are supposed to stink next year anyways.

Toast88

Liked Posts:
What does “he’s a Fangio pupil” mean? He was hired by Marc Trestman and was a quality control coach while Fangio was here, meaning all he really did was watch film. Please explain what you mean.

Nope, please do research before minimizing by saying, “All he really did was watch film.”.

Listen to Sam Acho’s interview on the radio and look what he put on Twitter the other day, along with what Kevin Fishbain, Adam Hoge and Adam Jahns said on the most recent Hoge and Jahns podcast. Both go into detail about how Vic would rave about Sean Desai and took him under his wing:

Toast88

Liked Posts:
You guys realize Quality Control is the lowest position on an NFL coaching staff and they spend most of their days watching film.

Ron Rivera, Bill Belichick and Kliff Kingsbury would like a word.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Yeah its weird. I dont give a shit if hes a martian as long as he has the defense playing at an elite level like they should. Im all for inclusion as long as its earned but i dont need to get beat over the head with it at every turn.
Who I beating anyone over the head about it? The whole argument started with some insecure rando getting upset he found out the NFL had their first Indian DC hire. Imagine being uncomfortable and lashing out about a statistic like that in 2021.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
I like the move. I have no issue with a cerebral guy that has had a strong mentor and the players respect.

We need a DC that can scheme and adapt as a game unfolds. Fangio was a master at hiding his intentions pre-snap. Hopefully, Sean is that kind of coach.

Pagano pretty much said to each QB please throw the ball here or take your choice of ten yard cushions.

People that are complaining would have probably had the same reaction if the Bears had kept Staley and promoted him.

Toast88

Liked Posts:
I like the move. I have no issue with a cerebral guy that has had a strong mentor and the players respect.

We need a DC that can scheme and adapt as a game unfolds. Fangio was a master at hiding his intentions pre-snap. Hopefully, Sean is that kind of coach.

Pagano pretty much said to each QB please throw the ball here or take your choice of ten yard cushions.

People that are complaining would have probably had the same reaction if the Bears had kept Staley and promoted him.

That’s a really good point about Brandon Staley. The Bears get shit for letting him walk out of the building, but if they would’ve made him DC at the time, it would’ve been met with a big “WTF!” by the fans, even though Staley was very highly regarded inside Halas Hall and on the practice field.

discplayer

Liked Posts:
Prepare for more undisciplined play by the defense,Mack continuing to suck and Eddie Jackson playing like a pussy
Well, as an all-pro this year, Mack clearly did NOT suck, but Jackson playing “like a pussy” is clearly because it’s what he is.

fx1718

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The more I read about the Desai hire the more I like it. Seems like a super sharp and seasoned coach. I have some hopes for the D to rebound into top 10 form.

A lot of good info in the recent Athletic articles on just how bad Paganos scheme was and how badly he was misusing players like Jackson. 19-20 he was asked to be a tackler more so than a ballhawk. Lets see him go back to that 2018 form.

I also had forgotten how young Roquan still is at 24. I have a feeling dude is going to come back with a huge chip on his shoulder after the all pro and pro bowl snubs.

Jaylon Johnson will be an above average corner and I think he has a bright future. Him and Fuller should benefit from a better scheme.

Spitta Andretti

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Sam acho who is more outspoken than most, is the reason he is a “Fangio pupil”?

I don’t mind the move. I just think trying to justify the move by linking him to Fangio is a dumb. He spent 3 years under Fangio and in those 3 years, Fangio never promoted him. You guys realize Quality Control is the lowest position on an NFL coaching staff and they spend most of their days watching film. If Fangio was so impressed with him, why didn’t he ever promote him from a shitty quality control assistant?

Fangio left Desai the road map before taking the Broncos’ head-coaching job after the 2018 season. The Bears were so high on Desai at the time that they blocked him from accepting an offer to join Fangio’s staff in Denver.

As a quality-control coach, Desai worked closely with Fangio to compile scouting reports on upcoming opponents. He also helped coach outside linebackers, which was Fangio’s forte, as well as defensive backs and special teams.

Collins77

Liked Posts:
He is a solid hire, well respected and very bright. He knows our team, he is familiar with the front office, and he has a super impressive resume. We could have done worse, and with the current openings around the league, someone would have snapped him up. In my opinion, I believe he will be great.