Trades need to happen

Bud1234

Liked Posts:
I am encouraged by the front changes and the coaching of Billy Donovan but this team has issues.

Defense has not been good,, we do not have any type of enforcer in the middle and no lock down guy on the perimeter.

We score a lot of points but give up a lot as well. Scoring is inconsistent and it shows up at the end of games many times.

In my view Patrick Williams and Colby White are the future.

As far as Levine, Markkanen and Davis, I would be fine trading one, two or all three.

All 3 can be defensive liabilities, Levine and Markkanen can score but are inconsistent shooting at times and their handle is not the best. Wendell has show potential on a couple of occasions.

I am not seeing the Bulls and Markkanen working out a deal, He is a 7 ft 3 pt shooter that blocks a shot every once in a while and is a defensive liability. Can't see them paying the money he wants for what he provides.

Think Levine has potential to be a 1 or 2 in the league, need to put in the work to improve defense, ball handling, decision making, and leadership

menacemanic

Liked Posts:
I am encouraged by the front changes and the coaching of Billy Donovan but this team has issues.

Defense has not been good,, we do not have any type of enforcer in the middle and no lock down guy on the perimeter.

We score a lot of points but give up a lot as well. Scoring is inconsistent and it shows up at the end of games many times.

In my view Patrick Williams and Colby White are the future.

As far as Levine, Markkanen and Davis, I would be fine trading one, two or all three.

All 3 can be defensive liabilities, Levine and Markkanen can score but are inconsistent shooting at times and their handle is not the best. Wendell has show potential on a couple of occasions.

I am not seeing the Bulls and Markkanen working out a deal, He is a 7 ft 3 pt shooter that blocks a shot every once in a while and is a defensive liability. Can't see them paying the money he wants for what he provides.

Think Levine has potential to be a 1 or 2 in the league, need to put in the work to improve defense, ball handling, decision making, and leadership

trade lavine for a kings ransome and then trade lauri only if the deal makes sense

RacerX

Silicon Valley CA Bears H
Liked Posts:
Lauri is gone IMO, he can fetch a heavily protected 1st-round pick which will likely convert to a late 1st or early 2nd round pick.

And LOL at the sick overvaluation of Lavine by Bulls fans. Yes, he is a great volume scorer but remember he plays garbage D and has an injury history, though he seems fully recovered. I'm not sure how accurate or meaningful this On/Off or WAR type stat is but it's trending ugly for ZL: Zach LaVine /// Stats /// Cleaning the Glass

PLease , please optimize his value and trade him for draft assets, and it would be so Bulls to not maximize value and hold on to him.

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Lauri is gone IMO, he can fetch a heavily protected 1st-round pick which will likely convert to a late 1st or early 2nd round pick.

And LOL at the sick overvaluation of Lavine by Bulls fans. Yes, he is a great volume scorer but remember he plays garbage D and has an injury history, though he seems fully recovered. I'm not sure how accurate or meaningful this On/Off or WAR type stat is but it's trending ugly for ZL: Zach LaVine /// Stats /// Cleaning the Glass

PLease , please optimize his value and trade him for draft assets, and it would be so Bulls to not maximize value and hold on to him.

his defense has been better this season so far. Not elite or anything, but improved from the past

RacerX

Liked Posts:
his defense has been better this season so far. Not elite or anything, but improved from the past

Agreed, it has improved, IMO from horrid to subpar.

I know you and I have always disagreed about the value of ZL, but that's moot at this point - all that matters is acquiring future draft capital/assets. There is no foreseeable permutation wherein this team with ZL on the roster competes for a title, therefore we must maximize ROI and move him. And LM as well.

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Agreed, it has improved, IMO from horrid to subpar.

I know you and I have always disagreed about the value of ZL, but that's moot at this point - all that matters is acquiring future draft capital/assets. There is no foreseeable permutation wherein this team with ZL on the roster competes for a title, therefore we must maximize ROI and move him. And LM as well.

I get where you’re coming from. If the front office believes like you do...then yes, that’s absolutely what they should do. If they feel like I do, that ZL on 20 mil a year for the next two years is an opportunity to find the Batman to his robin...then trading him doesn’t make sense. All comes down to how AK values him.

while, I think ZL is an incredible talent...if the right package is available, I’m not against it. Personally, I don’t see us getting a draft pick(s) that will be high enough to make trading ZL a smart idea. Replacing 27 PPG on 50% shooting from a guard is not easy to do...even w subpar defense(which subpar defense is the norm in the nba nowadays. There’s not many guys that it’s like, damn...he’s a great defender IMO).

RacerX

Liked Posts:
As I recall, I pointed out that Niko not only wouldn’t have a seat at Dirk’s table, he wouldn’t even bus it.

He called me Gussy and told me to go fuck myself.

Imagine how insanely pissed the Cawk is right now with Ds in charge, lol.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
a lot of people thought niko had that kind of potential
It all depends on how you define his potential compared to Dirk, imo. There's some stat that I've been trying to find that says Dirk is one of five players all time that has x-points, x-rebounds, x-assists - something along those lines. The only other players were Abdul-Jabbar, Wilt, Duncan, and Hakeem. Dirk is without question an all-time great, and I found The Hawk saying that Niko Mirotic was the next Dirk offensive to my basketball sensibilities.

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
It all depends on how you define his potential compared to Dirk, imo. There's some stat that I've been trying to find that says Dirk is one of five players all time that has x-points, x-rebounds, x-assists - something along those lines. The only other players were Abdul-Jabbar, Wilt, Duncan, and Hakeem. Dirk is without question an all-time great, and I found The Hawk saying that Niko Mirotic was the next Dirk offensive to my basketball sensibilities.

yeah, I feel ya. Dirk was a great, no doubt. I felt niko could develop a dirk type of game...not that he would produce on that level, but I did think 20 and 8 was a realistic potential for him back then...obviously it never came to be

RunRunRunPunt

Liked Posts:
The Bulls are treading water...trying to inflate the value of some of their players which will be traded for draft picks.
Only Pat Williams will stick around.
I have no idea what Karnisovas and Eversley have in mind.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Bulls apparently interested in Ball

View attachment 10028
A developed Ball in his prime with a slightly better shot is my vote for what to do with Lavine. Tank this year by trading Lavine soon, get another top 5 pick and and try to keep Lauri, at least re-negotiate a short term deal favorable to him and/or a trade. I have a feeling he will get a restricted FA offer we won't want to match, try to split the difference now or trade him.

Tomas/Ball- White- Porter/Williams- Lauri/Willams-Wendall/Lauri

The team is coming along. Another top pick and a top free agent and they feel close. They need at least 1 superstar but are starting to fill up with role players. I'm hopeful Williams will be superstar #1 or #2. Batman OR Robin would be awesome.

White=6th man. Lauri and Wendall are decent forward depth but how long can we retain at a good price? Ball is a nice fit but doesn't stretch any D's.
This team still also needs shooters and better ball movement.

Knox always defends Lavine and I'm fine with it. He's our best player and I prefer White as a 6th man bench mob volume scorer anyway. Keep them all and entice a superstar, maybe the Bulls don't have to wait...

anyone interested in swapping for our pick and take Tomas or Porter off our hands? Its clear by now we can play ourselves into playoff discussiona and out of the lottery if we aren't careful.

Master Debater

Liked Posts:
A developed Ball in his prime with a slightly better shot is my vote for what to do with Lavine. Tank this year by trading Lavine soon, get another top 5 pick and and try to keep Lauri, at least re-negotiate a short term deal favorable to him and/or a trade. I have a feeling he will get a restricted FA offer we won't want to match, try to split the difference now or trade him.

Tomas/Ball- White- Porter/Williams- Lauri/Willams-Wendall/Lauri

The team is coming along. Another top pick and a top free agent and they feel close. They need at least 1 superstar but are starting to fill up with role players. I'm hopeful Williams will be superstar #1 or #2. Batman OR Robin would be awesome.

White=6th man. Lauri and Wendall are decent forward depth but how long can we retain at a good price? Ball is a nice fit but doesn't stretch any D's.
This team still also needs shooters and better ball movement.

Knox always defends Lavine and I'm fine with it. He's our best player and I prefer White as a 6th man bench mob volume scorer anyway. Keep them all and entice a superstar, maybe the Bulls don't have to wait...

anyone interested in swapping for our pick and take Tomas or Porter off our hands? Its clear by now we can play ourselves into playoff discussiona and out of the lottery if we aren't careful.

My ideal landing spot for Lavine is Denver, well SAC but dont see them coming of Fox even for ZL and a pick which is too much for my blood unless its a future protected pick thats only unprotected in 2026 kind of like they did us. But MPJ is in the doghouse in Denver and I think he and Williams give us mismatches at the 3 and 4 offensively and again I think vs a more athletic 4 Williams can defend them and vs a 4 thats only a stretch 4 I'll take my chances with MPJ on them.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yeah...I think in 2-3 years Williams is for sure a stretch 4 Lebron/Antedikempo type inside...his shot might be softer and purer than either of them, imo, but he will learn to get the easy buckets they do. I "went too far the other direction"...but I'll just say that Williams does appear to be closer to Edwards/Wiseman than the rest of the draft, again, imo (and Ball shows his upside).

I would love MPJ for Lavine, good trade idea. I view MPJ as more of a 3, Ingram type even...tweener yes but more of a 3. He is alot like a bigger Lavine. I liked his aggression in playoffs and think he gets better.

The Pistons were right to try and trade to 3, and we were extemely lucky to nab Williams, and kudos to AK for coming off of the point guards despite the need and first impressions.

Master Debater

Liked Posts:
Yeah...I think in 2-3 years Williams is for sure a stretch 4 Lebron/Antedikempo type inside...his shot might be softer and purer than either of them, imo, but he will learn to get the easy buckets they do. I "went too far the other direction"...but I'll just say that Williams does appear to be closer to Edwards/Wiseman than the rest of the draft, again, imo (and Ball shows his upside).

I would love MPJ for Lavine, good trade idea. I view MPJ as more of a 3, Ingram type even...tweener yes but more of a 3. He is alot like a bigger Lavine. I liked his aggression in playoffs and think he gets better.

The Pistons were right to try and trade to 3, and we were extemely lucky to nab Williams, and kudos to AK for coming off of the point guards despite the need and first impressions.

I dont think williams is a stretch 4 by any means and I think he is closer to Kwahi in 2-3 years then lebron or the freak. I just think because hes an athletic freak himself you can get away playing him at the 4 especially in two years when hes a lot stronger

Williams jump or jump back after jumping initially and then firing off again is comprable to zion. zion has him beat and can jump higher but as far as springs go and the time to re-fire i think its comprable which is why defensively im fine with him at the 4 vs a good 4 and fine at the 3 vs a good wing.

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
So we are going to trade Lavine for mpj whomst is a worse player...that makes sense...